Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MN and WI report out 90%
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 541

MN and WI report out 90%

Nov 6, 2020, 8:10 AM

participation rates. That is just lol worthy. No other state attempted to try and report these kinds of numbers.

We see you cheating right before our eyes. And we know that you know we can’t do anything about it. Just wait 4 more years. Well, really 2 more. The American people will not forget how this election was stolen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am anticipating and hoping for quite a conservative

Nov 6, 2020, 8:13 AM

surge in 2022 and 2024, but I don't think it has anything to do with "revenge". It's because the candidates will be better for America.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably could be a separate thread, but what Trump has

Nov 6, 2020, 8:26 AM

done is convert a huge percentage of the blue collar rural whites....the ones who used to swear that the Pubs were only for the rich and the Dems cared about them. The ones who could not relate in any way, shape, or form to a Mitt Romney or a Jeb Bush. He also made inroads in similar fashion and for similar reasons to multiple minority blocs.

If you go back to that style candidate, I suspect you regress with those voters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn’t he lose chunks of those votes this time

Nov 6, 2020, 8:28 AM

Though? And are those guys going to now connect with Romney?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn’t he lose chunks of those votes this time

Nov 6, 2020, 8:47 AM

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/which-is-the-real-working-class-party-cc3?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxMzgxMDYwNiwicG9zdF9pZCI6MTc3MzExNzAsIl8iOiJPaVR0cSIsImlhdCI6MTYwNDY3MDI4NCwiZXhwIjoxNjA0NjczODg0LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMTA0MiIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.cqMmGkQUbhMy4Qv7vw13ge0iU8AH2OXIh9Pkm27dCZs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think so?***

Nov 6, 2020, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Didn’t he lose chunks of those votes this time ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably could be a separate thread, but what Trump has

Nov 6, 2020, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Probably could be a separate thread, but what Trump has ]

I had that thought myself.

The quandary is that if you want centrists like Yours Truly (and a whole lot of others!) you have to run in the middle...and if you're not being a populist and shaking your fist at all things liberal and being, frankly, a race-baiting xenophobic nationalist with strongman impulses, you're losing the far fringe, some of whom are just those extreme anti-establishment guys who could easily switch back and forth between Bernie and Trump.

Trump did what he does extremely well...but he also completely ceded the middle lane.

I do worry some going forwards that a leftist populist who can get both the disaffected Black, Latino, and disaffected rural white vote under one roof could do a lot more damage than anyone suspects. Populism can be played in both directions and what primes the pump for a "hero of the people" to emerge is income disparity and social stratification, and we're regressing in those areas.

I'll say it again: I don't think we have a race problem in this country near as much as a class problem in this country...and a successful middle class is what insulates a country from silliness like that. Ours is ailing.

Nov 6, 2020, 9:00 AM

Q,

I think we have a race problem in America. However, if we truly addressed our economic and social inequities as you suggest, that would have a huge impact on relieving the pressures of our racial problem.

The fact is that we don't have a democracy anymore - we have an oligarchy - and that small contingent of the very rich control both parties and our government.

Nov 6, 2020, 9:30 AM

Well, yeah.

Blacks are actually regressing in terms of percentage-of-the-wealth-pie...and so their frustration with the system is building. Which increases racial tension.

The problem, though, isn't that they're losing percentage-of-the-wealth pie because of racism, but a lot more because of lack of generational wealth and increasing social stratification - meaning, social mobility is getting harder. It's getting harder and harder to beat the odds; the poor are getting poorer and the rich richer...and the middle class is evaporating and more and more of us middle-classers are sliding into poverty.

The more ordinary Americans get squeezed, the more they tend to turn on one another. And that creates an environment that's conducive to extremism on both ends of the spectrum...including recruitment by militant leftist groups and white nationalists.

I believe we'll get it solved because human progress happens even if not always in a linear or comfortable fashion. The bad news is we'll have new issues tomorrow. Like, what's your position on body modding and elective genetic grafts that could literally see a new generation of cloned or even self-altered superhumans arising to replace us as soon as the next 20 years?

Yeah Trump finally got the Republican party to make inroads

Nov 6, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Probably could be a separate thread, but what Trump has ]

with white people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude.......

Nov 6, 2020, 9:13 AM

You know that isn't what I said. He lost a big chunk of the white college educated female vote.

Actually surprised it wasn’t 110%

Nov 6, 2020, 8:15 AM

To be honest

TDS had them so blinded with anger they would want to leave no chance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they're rigging the election what makes you think it

Nov 6, 2020, 8:21 AM

would be any different in 2 or 4 more years?

Re: If they're rigging the election what makes you think it

Man, you have no idea how exhausting it was running from polling place to polling place voting in every county I could reach...on foot, of course, so they can't trace my plates or vehicle with traffic-cams and figure out what me and my 50,000 conspirators all did. Looked like the Boston Marathon, I'm actually amazed we got away with it.

But the deed is done. You're welcome, America. I got 47 votes in myself, all under false ID's George Soros sent me in the mail that Trump fortunately couldn't get shut down in time.

Victory!

Did you get your check yet? I'm still waiting for my check

Nov 6, 2020, 8:57 AM

for all the votes. Daddy gonna get a brand new TV with all that cash.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MN and WI report out 90%

Nov 6, 2020, 8:21 AM

I would ask "where'd you get your information", but I'm apparently one of the many people who you have blocked so you don't have to be distressed when they respond to your posting 4chan/8kun-fueled drive-by stuff like this.

So I'll just go back to my usual response since you're being a snowflake.

this is easy...

Nov 6, 2020, 8:24 AM

you take ballot applications to everybody in the city and then you go back and make sure they sent in their ballot and offer any help they may need to fill them out.

Hopefully, states will now ease the restrictions they have at polling places. We have forever changed how we do elections.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also...

Day of registrations

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/same-day-voter-registration-states/

I miss the old days, when get out the vote efforts

Nov 6, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to this is easy... ]

required 15 passenger vans and a fistful of $20's.

It's even easier than that. The "90%" part is false.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to this is easy... ]

Wisconsin: https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/verify/verify-wisconsin-turnout-not-massively-larger-than-normal/507-ac05b2f4-fdfe-4bc5-91d5-7a22496c3314

Minnesota: https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-voter-turnout-could-break-records/572973272/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Maybe y'all are using different denominators.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:31 AM

Perhaps the OP is talking about percentage of registered voters. He doesn't say, nor does he provide any context on whether that is higher than usual.

Maybe. Or maybe he believed Eric Trump's tweet.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:34 AM

If he used a different denominator, then we have to apply that denominator to past elections to see how things compare.

But what matters is that we shouldn't believe any extraordinary claim if the person making the claim gives us no way to determine its truth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

A simple and effective rule, but so rarely followed online.***

Nov 6, 2020, 8:38 AM

Re: It's even easier than that. The "90%" part is false.

Nov 6, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to It's even easier than that. The "90%" part is false. ]

spooneye,

Thank-you. I KNEW this was the case, but i couldn't find the info in this clear a presentation (maybe I just wasn't asking my search question is the right form).

Anyway, thanks for presenting the accurate info. Sometimes, I think these guys really don't want to know what is real if it doesn't support their POV.

Where are you getting your numbers?

Nov 6, 2020, 8:24 AM

Minnesota usually has the highest voter turnout in the country, and they started early voting in mid-September. According to this article, the most recent I found with a quick search:

"the MN Secretary of State's Office reported turnout of nearly 78.3%.. Results are still being tabulated but already indicate that Minnesota narrowly beat what state election officials consider the modern-day turnout record of 78.1% set in 2008."

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/6747871-Minnesota-sees-record-voter-turnout-with-national-count-still-underway

As for Wisconsin:

"The Wisconsin Elections Commission calculates voter turnout based on the entire voting-age population, not just registered voters. Any eligible person over the age of 18 can show up at a poll and register to vote on Election Day.

As of Thursday, the number of votes cast looked to be nearly 3.3 million, the highest ever in Wisconsin. That puts turnout at roughly 72% of the voting-age population. In 2004 the turnout was higher, with 73% of the voting-age population showing up to vote.

Other social media users pushed claims of voter fraud in the state by wrongly suggesting that the number of ballots cast exceeded the number of registered voters.

One Twitter user wrongly claimed “fraud” and said that only 3,129,000 people were registered to vote in the state. That was the voter registration figure right before the 2018 midterm elections. But as of 7 p.m. on Sunday, the Wisconsin Elections Commission reported 3,684,726 registered voters.

And that figure — well above the 3,239,920 votes that were cast — does not include people who might have registered to vote on Election Day."

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/False-claims-of-Wisconsin-voter-fraud-rely-on-15705374.php

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude...

Nov 6, 2020, 8:31 AM

Stop with the facts! We’re openly fantasizing to explain why America does not appear to think like Trumpies.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 8:32 AM

Fake news. There are Republican officials monitoring the election. You will believe anything.

Almost a million WI voters decided on election day to go

Nov 6, 2020, 8:52 AM

register and vote? Nearly a third of all votes during a pandemic? Voters who could not be bothered to register to vote previously suddenly decided to get up, stand in line, register and vote in improbable statistical numbers.

Sure.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Source?***

Nov 6, 2020, 8:54 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Source for the one million number?***

Nov 6, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Almost a million WI voters decided on election day to go ]

- Jonathan Swift

Nov 6, 2020, 8:55 AM

That is 90% of registered voters, not 90% of all eligiible voters. As such it is not that far out of line with 2016 totals.

After the day you had yesterday, back with this crap again?***

Nov 6, 2020, 9:07 AM

Assuming you mean 90% of registered voters which isn’t rare.***

Nov 6, 2020, 10:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 541
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic