Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My.02 cents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

My.02 cents

Nov 27, 2018, 1:48 PM

Since everyone posts their view, I will post mine too. I am sure I will get bashed for saying this, but I will still do it anyway.

I think Clemson and Dabo are like the perfect marriage. I think they both owe each other 50-50. Clemson could have hired any coach, paid him millions and still could have sucked. Dabo, if not for the opportunities he had at Clemson, could still be an assistant somewhere and might have never become a HC ever.

But, by Gods grace, Clemson chose him (thanks to Bowdens recommendation) and the rest is history. Clemson unearthed the diamond in the rough and that diamond might have been underground all its life if not for Clemson.

Dabo also should know that these are the expectations that he set for the program. All in, Best is the standard and the best is not yet to come, makes the fan base go higher and higher and the expectations are because of the success. Look at the coots, they are still an 7-5 or 8-4 program because the fanbase doesn't demand success. I believe a program and the fanbase should demand excellence and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Dabo, if he goes somewhere, he will be successful but I don't think he will be as successful as he is now at clemson. Clemson, we might get another coach, but we won't be as successful as we are now.

Its a perfect marriage and both Clemson and Dabo can make history for the next 20 years if they stay on this marriage. Dabo will be legend forever if he keeps up this success for 20 years and Clemson will be one of the premier programs for 100s of years.

Lets hope for 5 or 6 NC's over the next 2 decades.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My.02 cents

Nov 27, 2018, 2:15 PM

I like the way you think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 2:34 PM

Well that's disappointing. I was hoping for 5 or 6 NC over the next 5 or 6 years. I don't know if I'll still be around for 2 decades. Now all I've got to hope for is this years NC and maybe one every 4 or 5 years until I'm gone. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 2:57 PM

Very well said.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic