Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid Vaccine PSA for old folks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 355

Covid Vaccine PSA for old folks

Jan 15, 2021, 10:36 AM

If you are over 70, or are trying to schedule anyone over 70 to get the vaccine, good luck, at least in the lowcountry.

I tried last night and was able to get my mother scheduled for the first dose Feb24, and the second March 17, but most places I saw the dates were starting in April and some even in May.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC DHEC has the suxxors

Jan 15, 2021, 10:39 AM

I've been peppering them with suggestions....like giving the vaccine to the Drug/pharma chains.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Storage is the issue

Jan 15, 2021, 10:43 AM

Very few CVS have the refrigeration needed. There are some that do, but I don't think they can store enough of doses to matter.

Companies that do clinical drug trials all have the necessary refrigeration; Those are the places that can handle doing it, because they are already giving people shots. They have the facilities, manpower and scheduling to do it efficiently. Plus..almost every town has a couple of those.

The Moderna vaccine is easier to store than the Pfizer vax.

Jan 15, 2021, 10:48 AM

Problem is they only started distributing it in the past few weeks and demand is insane for obvious reasons. My doctor's office sent an email to all their patients yesterday being like, "Yeah we know you want the vaccine, but we don't have any so STOP ASKING."

When calling in to ask about the vaccine, you should ask to

Jan 15, 2021, 10:56 AM

speak to the Senior Doctor Manager. That's where you'll get Shid done.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to know the strings to pull to get the Regeneron

Jan 15, 2021, 11:01 AM

monoclonal antibodies? To get that you have to be someone really, bigly important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always wondered the reason for the freezer shortage

Jan 15, 2021, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Storage is the issue ]

When it first started way back in March, I assumed it was because of the lockdown and everyone was buying a freezer to stock up so they could have a half-ton of frozen food to go along with their 1,500 rolls of TP. Then it kept going, and going, and going. There were plenty of refrigerators. Just no freezers. STILL, there are no freezers to be found. TP returned. Everything settled down, no shortages of anything really, EXCEPT freezers.

Never knew till later, but it was the vaccine, not people hoarding freezers alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Pfizer vaccine needs a special freezer.

Jan 15, 2021, 11:07 AM

It has to be stored in an ultra-cold freezer between -80?C and -60?C (-112?F and -76?F).

I have a feeling whoever is making those special freezers

Jan 15, 2021, 11:20 AM

is no longer making regular freezers.

Read some other articles on appliance shortages and it seems the trend with manufacturers to make cheap crap designed to break over time/usage did not account for people staying at home more or supply chain disruptions, cooking at home more, etc. There was always an assumption the supply chain was fine and could keep up as suckers kept buying stuff designed to break in key areas, over a certain time, based on an ASSUMED usage pattern.

People are washing more clothes, nuking more hot dogs, cooking on their stoves more, and it's changing the usage curve the appliance planners used to establish weak parts that would break, and/or the corners they could cut in manufacturing.

MAYBE this will bring about more reliable appliances in the future again. We know exactly how to make a refrigerator that lasts 70 years.

It's the whole south.***

Jan 15, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to SC DHEC has the suxxors ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson/Central Ingles was doing vaccines yesterday

Jan 15, 2021, 10:46 AM

small line of folks in there waiting. Don't know details as I am not currently seeking getting on the vaccine list. First I have seen in person in an establishment I was in.

Got dang Ingles has EVERYTHING***

Jan 15, 2021, 11:44 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ingles in BS started Tuesday

Jan 15, 2021, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Clemson/Central Ingles was doing vaccines yesterday ]

Ran out by noon Wednesday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Mom is 69 (nice) and is going to be waiting a WHILE

Jan 15, 2021, 11:02 AM

unless her oncologist can get it for her earlier.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC is really slow too

Jan 15, 2021, 11:45 AM

nobody told them that they needed to prepare

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 355
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic