Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noles win.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Noles win.

Oct 17, 2020, 11:34 PM

I don't know how, but somehow that guy dropped the pass.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noles won first half, UNC won second half but lost game.

Oct 17, 2020, 11:36 PM

Noles still have no discipline.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noles won first half, UNC won second half but lost game.

Oct 17, 2020, 11:42 PM

I understand. The penalties at the end of the first half and that stupid penalty on the goal line starting the third quarter were inexcusabl3e.

But, Rome wasn't built in a day. Norvell will correct it - unlike Taggart and Fisher.

Re: Noles won first half, UNC won second half but lost game.

Oct 18, 2020, 6:49 AM

I saw a few flashes of past glory years. Let's hope they put it all together. The ACC needs another team that can display some semblance of consistency.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Noles win.

Oct 17, 2020, 11:37 PM

Good win for Coach Nov!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holes lose

Oct 17, 2020, 11:38 PM

But very lucky to get away with defensive hold

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which guy?

Oct 17, 2020, 11:39 PM

There were several to choose from.

??

~JKB

Congratulations***

Oct 17, 2020, 11:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Noles win. CONGRATS on the win over the #5 team in the

Oct 17, 2020, 11:41 PM

country.

As for the dropped pass(es) it/they hit the receivers in a bad spot. The hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Noles brought the best intensity I’ve seen in years

Oct 17, 2020, 11:41 PM

In the first half. I was impressed with them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noles brought the best intensity I’ve seen in years

Oct 17, 2020, 11:44 PM

We didn't execute nearly as well as Clemson, but we did play with aggression and energy. The D wasn't standing around and being timid the way they have been.

Re: Noles brought the best intensity I’ve seen in years

Oct 18, 2020, 7:09 AM

Your Noles came out of the gate with their hair on fire. We made it interesting in the second half but the hill was just too high. Congrats.

Re: Noles win.

Oct 17, 2020, 11:44 PM

Great first half and held on just long enough. Your boys need some depth and some discipline to take the next step.

The conference needs FSU to return to

Oct 18, 2020, 6:07 AM

consistency in winning.

I just don't see any of the N.C. schools as top-tiered programs nor those from the northeast nor Georgia Tech. That leaves FSU, Miami, maybe Virginia Tech, and of those, I think the Seminoles with the right coaching would have the easier path. Unfortunately, Miami remains largely undisciplined, which will cost them games yearly, and Virginia Tech will have to give its program an extra umphhhh to get on top and remain.

Regardless, good win for the Noles, Congratulations!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The conference needs FSU to return to

Oct 18, 2020, 6:41 AM

It's good that FSU is climbing out of the abyss. ACC needs a competitive FSU.

Re: The conference needs FSU to return to

Oct 18, 2020, 8:32 AM

Hey Bretfsu, congrats on the win over the billy goats. Glad it went your way. You guys needed it.

Was flipping between the Noles game and the Bama game

Oct 18, 2020, 8:46 AM

last night. Tended to watch more of the Noles/UNC game because Gary Danielson on CBS drives me nuts. Anyway my observations from the game:

Noles:
1. The Noles defensive line finally played like a "team" and got after Sam Howell. They still gave up quite a bit on the ground but Howell was hearing the "hoofs" most of the night. The overall performance of the defense was the FSU strength last night and ultimately resulted in them winning the game.

2. The Noles offense looked a lot better with Jordan Travis at the helm but... I'm still not sold that Travis is a very good QB. Travis has moxy and certainly has some run skills but his passing ability (demonstrated thus far) is mediocre at best. I imagine going forward, most of FSU's opponents will stack the box and challenge Travis to beat them with his arm - which I don't think he can do.

Overall the Noles played like a "team" and came out playing with confidence - something they have been lacking for a long time. They showed flashes of a good football team but were inconsistent with those flashes throughout the night. The Noles inability to score in the second half should be concerning. Had it not been for the Noles blocking the UNC punt and the pick six the game's outcome probably would not have been to the Noles liking. Having said all that - FSU found a way to win and must be congratulated because that is the most important thing.

UNC:
1. Phil Longo is going to bang his head against a wall when he watches the tape of this game. In a word - he blew it and waited too long to adjust his game plan. Had he started stretching the field in the 2nd quarter things might not have gotten so out of control in the first half. Additionally on UNC's first drive of the 3rd quarter when UNC was in a 3rd and 3 situation on FSU's 6 yard line Longo blew the play-calling. They took two shots to covered receivers in the end zone instead of focusing on getting the 3 yards for a first down. The result: a turnover on downs with 5 minutes of wasted clock time and zero desperately needed points.

2. The UNC defense needs work...lots of work. Their tackling is "not good" and their defensive front was unimpressive against an FSU offensive line that has shown itself to be very suspect. Even so - the UNC defense did manage to hold FSU to zero points in the second half and managed to give their offense the opportunity to tie the game after being in a big hole.

Overall UNC did not look like a to 5 team last night. They still have some depth/skill issues at a lot of positions. They also are going to have to learn how to handle being "the hunted" as well...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic