Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame ACC Relationship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Notre Dame ACC Relationship

Jul 26, 2020, 10:22 AM

I know people want to give ND the cold shoulder but I think (and I am not agreeing or disagreeing.. just saying the strategy) that Notre Dame belongs in the Big10. They fit in the Big10.. they have no business in the ACC, yet here they are playing ACC teams every year and possibly being in the conference for the 2020 season.
The ACC made big moves to get FSU, Miami, VT over the years... for whatever reason they are all bad right now... so the ACC needs another name/contender and the only one out there is Notre Dame. We were never going to simply invite Notre Dame and they just join. They arent as good a fit as they are in the Big10. So it would take some time and some patience to get them in.
Do they deserve this? Well I know most of the college football world is tired of ND acting like they are better than everyone but right now they are the only worthy power5-ish football school who could possibly join so this is just another step in that direction.
Eventually the landscape will change enough that they have to join a conference and when it does, they will now have this long relationship with the ACC and they will slide right into the coastal.

Again.. not saying I think this is right... I just think this is the thinking in the front offices of the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame ACC Relationship

Jul 26, 2020, 10:42 AM

Why does the ACC need another team? There is no good reason, instead focus on making the teams in the ACC better by encouraging them to focus on football.Improving income from TV contracts and licencing of college related products. (money talks all else walks)
The teams that have won a football National Championship in the past from the ACC are:
Pittsburgh, Miami,FSU,Georgia Tech and Clemson.(Va Tech played for one but lost) Simply get these teams back to the level they were in the past and kick ND to the curb.

Jul 26, 2020, 12:33 PM

You omitted Syracuse. I think they won the NC in 1960. Could be wrong but I remember them beatinga good Texas team.

Jul 26, 2020, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame ACC Relationship ]

People should realize if the conference goes to 16 teams the probability is high they would go to nine conference games in the future. With SC on the schedule for 10 I doubt Clemson gives up two home games annually against cupcakes. That means future non conference matchups with Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma would more than likely go away. No thanks to being locked into all those ACC games. A little variety in the schedule is nice. Imagine not having A&M or Auburn on the schedule last few years but another boring ACC opponent.

I'm fine with ND being in the ACC...

Jul 26, 2020, 10:43 AM

but they need to either be all in or GTHO !!!!

Add ND as a full member and then go after Penn State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm fine with ND being in the ACC...

Jul 26, 2020, 2:10 PM

That would be putting the best icing on the cake for the ACC, to have ND and Penn as conference members, IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 2:06 PM

Are you aware that ND has joined the ACC with all their sports with the exception of FB and Hockey. That is bc NBC pays them to televise their FB and Hockey, and ND don't want to share any of that revenue, but they love getting a share of the ACC conference money with their other sports that wasn't at the top of their college sports programs at bringing in the cash$$$!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 4:55 PM

ND has turned down the Big 10 before apparently. Maybe more than once. I dont ever expect them to join any conference

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic