Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson strengthens hold on No. 1 spot in Coaches Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson strengthens hold on No. 1 spot in Coaches Poll

Oct 11, 2020, 12:34 PM

Clemson strengthens hold on No. 1 spot in Coaches Poll

Clemson strengthened its grip on the No. 1 spot in the Coaches Poll after a dominating win over Miami. Clemson dispatched No. 7 Miami, 42-17, while Alabama prev Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

notre dame up to 4th could be a top 5 match up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:36 PM

in early november..also it disgusts me how teams like minn and usc move into the top 25 yet have played zero games

Re: notre dame up to 4th could be a top 5 match up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:38 PM

To show how imbalanced the polls are, Ohio St. has not played a game yet. How could one even justify their position if there were no bias in poll voting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: notre dame up to 4th could be a top 5 match up

Oct 11, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to notre dame up to 4th could be a top 5 match up ]

It’s absolutely ridiculous that people are voting for teams that haven’t played a game yet to be in the top 10, especially for a team to be voted number 1. Those voters think that Ohio State’s potential is better than what we and others are already doing. I don’t take it out on Ohio State. It’s not their fault their conference delayed the season, but isn’t it crazy that we could be bowl eligible the same week Ohio State gets their first win? Yet both teams may receive first place votes.

LOL @ LSU unranked already.***

Oct 11, 2020, 12:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: LOL @ LSU unranked already.***

Oct 11, 2020, 2:36 PM

The luckiest day in LSU history, was the day Clemson lost so many players to the NFL a few months after our 2018 season. If our team hadn't been hit so hard by the draft and graduation, LSU wouldn't have won the NC. Playing this year after losing to LSU we are ranked #1, and they have fell out of the ranking as the defending NC with 2 losses in just 3 games with the defending NC only win is against Vandy that the coots beat beat by the very same margin as LSU beat them by, and the coots are are a defending 4-8 team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson strengthens hold on No. 1 spot in Coaches Poll

Oct 11, 2020, 12:41 PM

The bucknuts even getting a single first place vote without even playing a down just highlights the level of ignorance of people who can vote in these polls. I can't even imagine the possible argument you could make in support of such a vote except for the phrase, "Ohio St. fan who doesn't care about anything else ."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:43 PM

They shouldn’t play a game and just back into the Playoff that way.
Why take a chance?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 11, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson strengthens hold on No. 1 spot in Coaches Poll ]

Ohio state hasn't given up a single point yet this year. No other defense is close to that.

Oct 11, 2020, 2:37 PM

mdenz3 said:

Ohio state hasn't given up a single point yet this year. No other defense is close to that.

I see what you did there ;) But no other D has give up a point to them either!!! :)

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Ohio State looked pretty impressive yesterday. should be #3***

Oct 11, 2020, 12:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don’t know who is dumber the 5 bama

Oct 11, 2020, 12:45 PM

#1 voters or the o310 voters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't TX A&M outrank Florida?

Oct 11, 2020, 1:00 PM

With identical records and a win over Gators?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wouldn't TX A&M outrank Florida?

Oct 11, 2020, 1:40 PM

I guess the logic is they beat them on a last second FG at home so they feel Florida would beat them on a neutral field.

Oct 11, 2020, 1:15 PM

Who is giving votes to Miss State? They lost to Arky and only managed a safety against KY.

Oct 11, 2020, 2:02 PM

So somewhere out there, there are 5 Coaches that watched Alabama and Clemson play yesterday and after watching them, they came to the conclusion that Alabama is better???
Coaches??? Yesterday??? They really watched???? I guess you can afford that kind of dishonest nonsense when you’re just talking about a game.

Oct 11, 2020, 2:45 PM

They used that same dishonest logic after we actually beat Bama also. Remember after we beat Bama in the 2016 NC, Bama was listed as the #1 team in the very first preseason poll after we beat Bama in the NCG!!!

Oct 11, 2020, 3:47 PM

There is no rule that says the defending champion must start number one the next preseason? LSU certainly was not this year, correctly.

And in 2017, Bama ended up finishing number one so I the voters go it right.

Oct 11, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson strengthens hold on No. 1 spot in Coaches Poll ]

That would be The Pirate, Coach Leach.

Imagine the entire universe is a teacup placed on the 50 yd line in Death Valley. That’s the whole universe, all of everything. Except for Mike Leach. Mike Leach doesn’t live in that universe. Mike Leach lives in a separate space, so far away and so foreign, that it doesn’t even have a name. If you wanted to go visit Mike Leach you would need;
A) a ship that travels at the speed of light
B) and 99,000,000,000,000,000,000 years to reach Mike Leach

Oct 11, 2020, 2:20 PM

With our D playing the way it played last night, there isn't a team in the top 5 that could beat us on their best day!!! As of today, we are the top team in the country, and not one of the bias sports media folk can make a logical case/reason why we shouldn't be hands down the best team in the country, even though they are going to use their bias to try and make a claim for one of their darlings!!!!

Three ACC teams in the top 6.

Oct 11, 2020, 3:43 PM

I like it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Three ACC teams in the top 6.

Oct 11, 2020, 6:17 PM

The Bias is real!
Historical success gives the Ohio State's and the Alabama's "passes" to be garbage from time to time. Great that Bama won a road game. But, they gave up 48 points in the process.

Ohio State hasn't proven a thing - and like us yes, they recruit well. But, those new starters haven't been in the middle of a highly contested game yet. Some 4 and 5 star guys transition to the next level and some don't. There is a good years worth of film on Fields and how 0 4 0 st uses him. I am not as worried about the buck nuts as a lot of people.

People want to argue if Miami was a legit #7; but to me they were as legit as some of the teams around that area of the rankings in the past. Mostly a lot of projecting how good the talent is on a team over how well the team is overall. Miami recruits well and they had a dynamic QB who was a Heisman Trophy candidate in 18 at Houston. They was also 3-0. So, yes, they were ranked high and rightfully so.

I would ask the SEC fan boys - how does it feel to see a team get a bunch of credit for beating someone you think is inferior and undeserving of their ranking? We see this every year as fans of teams outside the SEC. Over-hyped and over-ranked most of the time describes Big 10 and SEC teams. Those two conferences just have a much better hype machine.

Looking around the ACC I see a lot of good QB's. The last time the conference had a bunch of decent QB's the ACC won the bowl challenge cup! 7-3 that year with a National Champion(2016).

Just keep winning team! These folks have thick skulls! And don't learn easily!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 4:29 PM

Why should the Big 10 & the PAC 12 be in the polls or in the running at all? They're coming in 8 weeks later than everybody else, they made that decision!! If you come in late, you should not be in the running for anything, much less the run for the Playoff Championship game! I don't'care if it was not the players fault,(some players decided to opt out, they wanted it both ways) it was not the other teams fault who decided to play eight weeks earlier, either!

Oct 11, 2020, 5:30 PM

The two coaches that voted for Ohio State should lose their right to vote, period.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic