Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, so I am just going to say this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Ok, so I am just going to say this...

Oct 14, 2020, 3:31 PM

I 100% do not believe in the COVID death numbers. It’s a real virus and it effects people differently and it does kill. However, I do not believe the daily numbers and I do believe that if you die of pancreatic cancer, but test positive they mark you as a death. That’s insanity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, so I am just going to say this...

Oct 14, 2020, 3:34 PM

We should have never shut everything down. We should have had everyone wear masks, washed hands often, and had social distancing, and just moved on with life as pretty much normal as can be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's likely the best we can do.

Oct 14, 2020, 3:35 PM

It may overcount, in that the person may have died anyway without COVID. But I suspect it would also undercount, in that we don't know how many people may have died that never got tested.

On the whole, I trust that the authorities are doing the best they can to collect the best data possible.

How do you explain the excess mortality we have?

Oct 14, 2020, 3:37 PM

I don't know the current numbers, but a couple months ago we were tracking 170,000 labeled Covid-19 deaths, but 200,000 excess mortality from the previous 5 years averages that this point in the year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Which includes a dramatic decrease in auto deaths,

Oct 14, 2020, 3:38 PM

as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So here is my thing

Oct 14, 2020, 4:36 PM

mu bud is a local journalist and has his own podcast. So through FOIA and CDC stats we worked on the excess death number. There is right at 10,000 excess deaths this year. Highway crashes and deaths are up considerably, about 20%, because of people using the highways as a race track.

So 10,000 is a considerable number, but does it warrant shutting down 30% of small business?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So here is my thing

Oct 14, 2020, 4:36 PM

we did this high and drunk, so take it as it is

full disclosure.

Oct 14, 2020, 6:34 PM

we did this high and drunk, so take it as it is

full disclosure.

Oops! I didn't see this when I replied to your original post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to So here is my thing ]

You realize that conservative Republicans control the Senate, right? Do you really think they would let the economy crash on bogus numbers?

Tell your podcast buddy that he needs to stick with his day job.

He has a pulitzer from his time at

Oct 14, 2020, 9:06 PM

NYT, so yeah, you might want to take back that comment.

I am looking for data and nowhere do I see the 10k number.

Oct 15, 2020, 5:57 AM [ in reply to So here is my thing ]

Most I found are similar to this one that says at around 260,000 more deaths vs 5 year average thru August.
https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am looking for data and nowhere do I see the 10k number.

Oct 15, 2020, 8:02 AM

I was stating that number just for my state.

Re: How do you explain the excess mortality we have?

Oct 14, 2020, 8:37 PM [ in reply to How do you explain the excess mortality we have? ]

Baby Boomers - in 2019, 16.5% of the U.S. population were over 65. Increased deaths every year with or without COVID is going to be the norm for years to come. Maybe Cuomo can send some more people with coronavirus to the nursing homes.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you explain the excess mortality we have?

Oct 14, 2020, 8:42 PM

Death stocks a good investment?
Should I buy shares of SCI?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do.

Oct 14, 2020, 4:01 PM

The proof is piling up all around me. Literally. Talk to a coroner.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/dataviz8737#!/vizhome/COVID_excess_mort_withcauses_09092020/WeeklyExcessDeaths

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do.

Oct 14, 2020, 4:06 PM

The funny thing is, I know somebody's already used that argument on him before...but he knows what he knows, don't trouble him with the facts. Won't make a dent when he makes the same proclamation again in a month either.

How it goes, with some folks.

Oct 14, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to I do. ]

Oct 14, 2020, 5:39 PM

Oh, it gets better than that

Oct 14, 2020, 4:14 PM

From March 2020 through (I think) May 2020, the CDC guidelines allowed hospitals/doctors/etc to code cases as COVID-19 positive if patients met a certain number of criteria. For example, running a fever, pneumonia like symptoms, etc, patients were coded as COVID positive EVEN WITHOUT BEING TESTED. My opinion is that the data is f#cked, but at best, it is unreliable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

It can't be overstated how much courage it takes to

Oct 14, 2020, 4:16 PM

come out and say what you really think on an anonymous message board, so I want to applaud you for your bravery in coming forward with your opinion and I think it will make a real difference in the world.

Oct 14, 2020, 4:42 PM

However, I do not believe the daily numbers and I do believe that if you die of pancreatic cancer, but test positive they mark you as a death. That’s insanity.

Is there some actual documented proof that's happening? What leads you to believe that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

the fact that hospitals are

Oct 14, 2020, 4:51 PM

getting a substantial boost from reporting COVID deaths.

This is going back to an old myth

Oct 14, 2020, 5:05 PM

Spread months ago by a GOP Congressman and, of course, Laura Ingraham. The Congressman later amended his statements.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

They do get paid more - but there is no evidence that

Oct 15, 2020, 9:42 AM

hospitals are lying to get that extra cash.

It seems like it would be pretty easy to look into...by someone who would have something to gain...like the Trump administration...which they apparently haven't done...or they have and there was nothing to be found.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest thing that would happen if they were...

Oct 15, 2020, 10:16 AM

Is that we would get a lot more whistle blowers. Too many great doctors and nurses would come screaming forward to call BS on it all if it were happening.

Further on this, hospitals are getting compensation

Oct 15, 2020, 10:23 AM

from Medicare from patients on Medicare just like they do for any other reason a Medicare recipient is hospitalized. This according to a published rate that varies by illness. Covid hospitalizations are reimbursed at a rate similar to flu hospitalizations.

I mean, to call this a big healthcare scam.....why wouldn't it have started sooner? Why not call a sprained wrist a broken wrist needing surgery? Why not call a kidney stone a ruptured appendix or something?

People are farking stupid to think hospitals are just straight up lying for payment. Far too much money at stake for some short term nonsense. Obligatory I'm sure there is a person somewhere that is fraudulent, but certainly not all over the place....WORLDWIDE.

Re: The biggest thing that would happen if they were...

Oct 15, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to The biggest thing that would happen if they were... ]

Oct 14, 2020, 5:05 PM

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/social-media-posts-make-baseless-claim-on-covid-19-death-toll/

Oct 14, 2020, 10:18 PM

“Experts say”.... can’t argue with that

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 10:20 AM

Then refute their statements with evidence.

Oct 15, 2020, 10:37 AM

Wait just one min. You guys believe truth over facts so why bother?

Oct 14, 2020, 6:25 PM

I 100% do not believe in the COVID death numbers. It’s a real virus and it effects people differently and it does kill. However, I do not believe the daily numbers and I do believe that if you die of pancreatic cancer, but test positive they mark you as a death. That’s insanity.

Liverpool, England was put into a full shutdown today. Shows how powerful the umm, lib hoaxers are in this country. The CDC, NIH, the US Govt., all 50 states, the media and even Trump's own Coronavirus Task Force, not to mention Johns Hopkins University and every pharmaceutical company in the world. Wow, the libs are a powerful bunch.

The US, Europe, Asia, South America....ummm, the whole freaking world practically, disagrees with you my friend.

Embrace the "post-truth' era if you like. But not me.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/lockdown-coronavirus-threetier-system-north-liverpool-merseyside-a4568411.html

Oct 14, 2020, 9:01 PM

yes, doctors all over the country are systematically committing fraud and putting their medical licenses at risk as a part of some sort of conspiracy. For what reason?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

World, but who's seriously counting...?***

Oct 14, 2020, 9:04 PM

Oct 15, 2020, 7:29 AM

The next time I hear some stupid Democrat who majored in Gender Studies say "follow the science" I'm going to blow up the white house. Oh, Madonna already said that...I'm, I'm gonna hold up a bloody head of Trump, Oh Kathy Griffin already did that. I'm going to strip naked, smoke pot, have a threesome and take a lot of photos so they can be posted - darnit, Katie Hill (D) of CA already did that.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic