Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oktoberfest in Germany cancelled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Oktoberfest in Germany cancelled

Apr 21, 2020, 11:17 AM

Scheduled from September 19-October 4.

I’m not sure I get the steady cancellation of events that are further and further away despite numbers starting to wane.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oktoberfest in Germany cancelled

Apr 21, 2020, 11:23 AM

Makes sense. Not surprised. Baby steps. I am ready to open everything up, but that is extreme maybe to have Octoberfest. On the other hand I am looking to go to Spain in June.

Are you really?

Apr 21, 2020, 11:25 AM

I actually had a Spain trip planned for early May. A large part of it was the Madrid masters tennis tournament.

I guess it’s because Oktoberfest draws such a huge international crowd. But it being cancelled worries me that these countries are going to keep travel restrictions in place for a long while.

Re: Are you really?

Apr 21, 2020, 12:34 PM

Yes. i want to. Round trip non stop from Miami to Madrid is 601. Also, San Sebastian hotels are very reasonable. I am planning on it. We will see. I sometimes plan trips I don't take. I think this one I will.

Logistics. Events of that size are logistical nightmares

Apr 21, 2020, 11:23 AM

and the uncertainty of whether or not the virus comes back once the economy reopens makes it difficult to plan. You basically have a point of no return where you have to make a decision to cancel or keep moving forward. If you keep moving forward, and then ultimately have to cancel, a lot of people and a lot of companies will lose a lot of money.

Btw, Munich is probably my favorite city in the world. But it's a much better place to visit outside of Oktoberfest. I guess if you like Mardi Gras then you'd like Oktoberfest, but you don't get a true feel for the city.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The influx of cash probably won’t equal to 50% of the cost to run that festival.

Apr 21, 2020, 11:28 AM

Trust me, that was a financial decision, not a health related one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also numbers would likely be down***

Apr 21, 2020, 11:29 AM

Re: Also numbers would likely be down***

Apr 21, 2020, 11:51 AM

HE GERMANS ARE WAY AHEAD OF US ON THEIR RESPONSE

Re: Also numbers would likely be down***

Apr 21, 2020, 12:42 PM

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 21, 2020, 12:20 PM

Don't make no sense. I was always told beer kills germs

It was over for them when they bombed Pearl Harbor

Apr 21, 2020, 12:34 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because these things are planned in advance, there are a lot

Apr 21, 2020, 12:45 PM

ducks you have to line up and nobody is going to pay for inspections, fees, rentals months in advance with no way of knowing if you will recoup these operating expenses in the event of a cancellation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2020, 12:47 PM

Not surprising. I was scheduled to go to the Passion Play in Oberammergau in September. they postponed it until 2022. Thankfully, the travel plans I had will be honored in 2022.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Maybe it has to do with something else

Apr 21, 2020, 7:38 PM

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41816348

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36879196

https://www.wsj.com/articles/syrian-suspect-detained-in-germany-after-hijacked-truck-rams-into-traffic-11570532634

Apr 21, 2020, 7:54 PM

What about Beerfest? Had put together a team. I’m the Landfill type anchorman.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic