Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some other questions about the decision to postpone...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,431

Some other questions about the decision to postpone...

Nov 23, 2020, 10:49 AM

1) who actually decides that? I’ve read where some posters think the medical staff has full control. In a situation where all ACC protocols have been met and then some, on the morning of the game, when the traveling team has spent $300k in travel expenses, I find that hard to believe. I would like to see that clearly communicated.

2) has it been confirmed that we offered to play Saturday night, Sunday or Monday? If so, what was the rationale for rejecting these generous offers?

3) how many times this season has there been a positive test on Friday for a player that has traveled with a team? What has the result been?

4) the phrasing of the initial release was that the two medical staffs could not come to agreement. That suggests that the FSU staff offered a solution to allow the game to be played, but I have yet to see that actually reported. Did FSU offer any solution, no matter how absurd (“every player that sat with 30 feet of this player has to go home”, etc) , that Clemson refused, and if so, what was the proposal?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

One more...has the player that tested positive been retested and if so,

Nov 23, 2020, 10:50 AM

what was the result?

null

Re: One more...has the player that tested positive been retested and if so,

Nov 23, 2020, 10:57 AM

My concern is ..... what role, if any, did the commissioners office play in this decision? I believe they were a part of the pre game meeting and should have had some control over the game. My guess is the FSU doctor exercised his power and said .. No Game!

The way I’ve read it, the ACC has guidelines but ultimately leaves it

Nov 23, 2020, 11:10 AM

up to the schools. I have no idea if that’s true but that screams “ACC Management” to me, so I’m inclined to think it is. But still a good question to clarify their role in the discussion.

null

Re: The way I’ve read it, the ACC has guidelines but ultimately leaves it

Nov 23, 2020, 11:15 AM

The ACC controls who sits. That's where they have decided to end their authority on whether or not games are played.

The ACC determined Clemson chose the appropriate protocols for who needed to sit from the game.

FSU, who was a part of the decision-making process to set up the initial protocols for the league, then decided that they didn't want to believe Clemson or the ACC that it was safe to play.

Re: Some other questions about the decision to postpone...

Nov 23, 2020, 11:14 AM

1) Each school has a medical staff. The staffs from each school meet on the morning of gameday to discuss final details and agree that the other school is proceeding according to protocols. The conference can rule if a team has followed protocols or not, but does not make the final decision on the game. Both schools must agree to allow their team to play.

2) Yes Dabo and DRad have confirmed the proposal to play the game later in the weekend or on Monday. FSU has not said why they did not agree to this.

3) A specific number was not mentioned but Dabo said yes it has happened multiple times with Clemson traveling or teams traveling to Clemson.

4) FSU is not surprisingly very quiet now that Clemson has released an abundance of details surrounding the situation. I'm guessing they were expecting Clemson to be upset but not be willing to tell the entire world exactly what went on regarding the decision. I believe FSU's hope was to convince Clemson to isolate enough OL for there to be no choice but to cancel the game. When Clemson said that only the positive had to sit, then FSU pulled the plug anyway.

The bottom line is...

Nov 23, 2020, 11:31 AM

FSU needs some kerosene rags to tie around their ankles in order to keep the ants off their candy a$$es.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

3a) we now know that a Pitt player was held from the game at

Nov 23, 2020, 4:01 PM

FSU on the same day as kickoff for COVID related reasons. It would appear to be the exact same situation. Can the FSU medical staff explain either how the situations differed or how they have decided to alter their approach?

null

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,431
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic