Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Too early to tell much about this basketball team, but good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,103

Too early to tell much about this basketball team, but good

Nov 25, 2020, 10:29 PM

to start with a "W". We could, and probably will look very different by mid-year as players emerge and we develop a team identity. It's always like that. We'll play a lot of teams better than Miss St for sure. Super impressed with Hall; may be the best looking freshman I've seen here in a long time. Lots of guys that could be a factor, but some will be weeded out as a pecking order develops. I've been through this many times as a Clemson basketball fan, so my expectations are not high, but I continue to be hopeful and I ain't going anywhere.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Too early to tell much about this basketball team, but good

Nov 25, 2020, 10:34 PM

Hopefully before the conference season begins coach BB will have his lineup solidified and know how his bench guys will perform in big games. I still think there has been an upgrade in talent this year. Playing,and winning, this first game is a plus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing about this year....very tough schedule...

Nov 26, 2020, 12:14 AM

We’ll see Va. Tech on the road and FSU at home before the end of 2020. Conference games will be here quick.
We’ll also see Purdue, Maryland, Alabama and South Carolina.
And then in January the gauntlet really starts.
It’s good we have so many experienced guys back this season and that the new guys look ready to contribute.
But they will have to bring it consistently....very few easy games on this schedule.

Re: Too early to tell much about this basketball team, but good

Nov 25, 2020, 10:46 PM

I think this is the best team that CBB has assembled. My thoughts on tonights game vs. Miss State:

Simms has to play smarter so he can be a factor; good news is he will. Hall looks the part should be a major contributor this season. Need to get more looks from 3 for Hemenway; kid can shoot. Honor and Dawes provides strong man D and great ball handling. When on offense CU still has too many forced shots from 3, need to work harder to get more guys an open look. Not sure how they can do it. Newman was quiet tonight and we need his hustle and spark.

Should be a sleeper in the ACC to finish in the upper half and finally make the NCAA tournament again. Looks like a team that could win 21-25 games this year.

Considering we play 27 games total.....

Nov 26, 2020, 12:21 AM

That win total you got there is pretty high.
Schedule is very tough.
Less games overall due to late start.
Only 2 cupcakes. 20 conference games.
And 4 more legit non-conference games.
The upside is that we could go like 17-10 (11-9) in the ACC and would definitely dance.

We have a lot of guys that can contribute

Nov 26, 2020, 12:21 AM

Young guys were a pleasant surprise, epecially PJ Hall. He had a heck of an outing for his first game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,103
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic