Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Our team is not good enough that we can get into a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,494

"Our team is not good enough that we can get into a

Jan 24, 2021, 11:13 AM

scoring contest with some of these teams" per coach Brownell.

That should stop every Clemson basketball fan dead in their tracks. It should cause the AD and any other Clemson official who cares about Clemson basketball to gasp. Alarm bells should be sounding and you should see a giant red flag here, because here's a news flash:

EVERY BASKETBALL GAME IS A SCORING CONTEST!

This is THE problem. It's obvious to me. The whole point of basketball is to put the ball in the basket. That is objective number one. If stopping your opponnet from scoring is your number one objective,, because you aren't good enough to score, you are a loser. You don't have a prayer of being successful at a high level. You are doomed to permanent frustration and mediocrity.

Basketball IS a scoring contest. Always. Nothing more. It's no more complicated than that. The end goal, your whole system and long-term plan can't be a giant work-around because you have accepted that you can't succeed at the most basic requirement, but that's where we are and where we've been for decades. How is that acceptable on any level?

The answer: Accept that basketball is a scoring contest. Priority #1 is scoring points. To do that, you have to have a coach that understands that. Then you have to recruit players who are highly skilled and effective at scoring a lot of points. Then you have to put them in an offense designed to score points. Determine at which level this breaks down for Clemson. Does our coach not understand that? (it would seem so). Has he not been given the time and tools to work with? At some point, you've got to decide if this same old bullshat is acceptable for Clemson University year after year, decade after decade, or if we want better. My fear is that we already have the answer, and that the powers that be at Clemson don't give a flying #### about basketball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: "Our team is not good enough that we can get into a

Jan 24, 2021, 11:34 AM

Agreed. I saw that quote and couldn't believe it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Our team is not good enough that we can get into a

Jan 24, 2021, 12:07 PM

There is a much higher standard, criteria, and requirement for success and winning in football than any other sport at Clemson. Until the Administration admits to and changes that mediocrity will continue to exist and be accepted in basketball and other sports as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,494
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic