Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pic of Dabo in WSJ today with article stating he & other coaches not happy..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Pic of Dabo in WSJ today with article stating he & other coaches not happy..

Nov 4, 2020, 8:17 AM

about taking Tuesday off for voting (a NCAA mandate forced on all colleges) since most all of the Tiger players had already voted..and remainder had enough time between practice to go vote, in his opinion..

since missing the much needed Tuesday practice b/4 a major game away at ND might cause problems.

Even the NDame coach was a bit upset by it but they made plans for it by doubling up on Sunday meetings.

PS: Hey SPuD, those 2 Pics were straight in my camera and Boom, put them on TigerNet & there you go..one is a Spuder!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got the impression during Coach Dabo's interview that he was more fed up with the

Nov 4, 2020, 8:30 AM

Reporters and the constant questions about the day off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do they pick on Dabo? Any coach who is honest would

Nov 4, 2020, 8:30 AM

prefer practicing in his situation with a young quarterback going into the biggest game of the year thus far.

By the way we beat a top five team in UNC, at least they were thought to be top five. Notre Dame is fourth but I believe now

Re: Why do they pick on Dabo? Any coach who is honest would

Nov 4, 2020, 8:36 AM

Convenient target. High profile coach and open about his beliefs which many media types resent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pic of Dabo in WSJ today with article stating he & other coaches not happy..

Nov 4, 2020, 8:34 AM

AP guy asked questions of all players about that clearly trying to take a soundbite and spin it negative. The NCAA concept wasnt bad but you could have told all schools to get guys registered and get absentee ballots for those out of the area. I think this is what Clemson PAW Journey did so while it was a day off everyone had already voted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree....

Nov 4, 2020, 8:39 AM

And it was starting to irritate me. There was an agenda based on the questions asked.

Re: Pic of Dabo in WSJ today with article stating he & other coaches not happy..

Nov 4, 2020, 8:37 AM

A great example of a story whose headlines and sub story are both undeniable facts--but lead the non reader to a totally erroneous conclusion.

Dabo doesn't consider practice more important than voting, and he isn't trying to make it more difficult for his guys to exercise their rights.

But it's worthless to take the day off when 85% of the players voted absentee.

Notre Dame was even more inconvenienced than us because they had a road game last weekend. They had a quick turnaround after getting home from Atlanta, going through Covid protocols, getting therapy and then practicing right away Sunday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

I don't think non readers can cause any trouble over what is printed in a newspaper and requires reading to understand!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson practiced Sunday too***

Nov 4, 2020, 8:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson practiced Sunday too***

Nov 4, 2020, 4:27 PM

We had a home game before practicing the next day.

Irish had to fly home from Atlanta. Have you ever busted your @$*@, got on an airplane and tried to work the next day? You need that time off. It's a perfect therapy day.

Nov 4, 2020, 12:10 PM

If Notre Dame had to take day off too seems like a wash. Much ado about nothing.

Are people too dense to understand that the vast majority of

Nov 5, 2020, 8:09 AM

college students are not registered voters in the college town where they attend school? So if they have reached Election Day without voting absentee, then they have pretty much made the choice to not vote. Giving them the day off is just for show, like so many things in our world today. This shows you why the NCAA decided to put on this show, the people who speak truth and try to talk some sense, they are ridiculed by the PC police.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic