Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ponderings, thoughts, musing and wonderings...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Ponderings, thoughts, musing and wonderings...

Jan 25, 2021, 9:29 PM

....about Eliott and Tennessee.

Listening to some guys who are closer to the TN program than me (beat writers, etc.) here is the consensus of what they are saying. (Which may mean nothing. Danny White ain't telling those guys what he's thinking.)

They are saying:

1. TN needs a splash hire. They don't need 30K empty seats next September. They need someone that the fans will immediately get the fans excited.

2. TN is a dumpster fire. And, with probation (reduced scholarships) coming, it is not a 1 or 2 year turn around. TGhey need to hire someone and stick with them while also convinving the guy to take the job.

3. It's gonna take a boatload of money and a long term contract.

4. They are probably looking for a current HC or at least someone with HC experience. The two guys they mention with those criteria and who have also walked into a bad situation and done a good job are PJ Fleck and James Franklin. They are saying it would probably take a 5 year 40 million dollar deal to get either of them to come and that might not even be enough.

5. They also say they wouldn't be shocked if it turned out to be a name no one is mentioning.

6. They are discounting Hugh Freeze, too much baggage. They are also discounting Jeff Fisher.

What do I think? I think those guys have reasonable guesses even if they don't know more than I do. Matt Campbell, Tom Allen, PJ Fleck, James Franklin. I have no idea if any of them would be willing to risk there careers for a 5 year, 40 mill contract. Maybe Billy Napier would.

I think they are elephant hunting, looking for one of those guys, or someone like them that isn't being mentioned (Cristobal, Fitzgerald, e.g.). For some reason I can't explain, I still don't rule out Jeff Fisher.

I think the only way they would consider Tony Elliott is if they came up empty on their A, and even B, list. Tony may be a great hire. But, he would walk into and even more difficult position because the fans would immediately be against him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for calling UT...

Jan 25, 2021, 9:50 PM

...TGhey.

Even if it was by accident.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Point for calling UT...

Jan 25, 2021, 9:58 PM

Good synopsis FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Ponderings” . . . You of all people should know the Rulz!!!

Jan 25, 2021, 10:05 PM

One cannot “Ponder” without a picture . . . Do I need to call Christian on your semihole self?!!!

Gotcha covered this time . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Ponderings” . . . You of all people should know the Rulz!!!

Jan 25, 2021, 11:03 PM

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aahhhhh yes....Now that is PONDERING!!!***

Jan 26, 2021, 9:32 AM [ in reply to “Ponderings” . . . You of all people should know the Rulz!!! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even she appeared to be doing it!***

Jan 26, 2021, 9:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ponderings, thoughts, musing and wonderings...

Jan 25, 2021, 11:37 PM

You forgot analyzations.

I don't get all the James Franklin love. His teams are average, at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 12:43 AM

As many times that it has been said throughout college FB, what a smart, and intelligent man that Tony Elliott is. If he took the job at that sewer plant that is a blazing inferno, Tony would never again be thought of again as smart, and surely not even close to being intelligent. And for those 10 A C fans talking crap about TE, that just proves beyond any doubt how truly Ignorant they truly are bc, A Tony Elliott HC is probably one of only a few coaches that would build that graveyard program to being a respected, winning FB program without cheating rumors for the first time in their FB program history!!!! One thing those vol fans don't have to worry about, and that is Tony Elliott wouldn't stoop low enough to fit in at that sewer plant of a college!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 12:50 AM

I'm musing about why ponderings and wonderings are not pronounced the same. Your musings are pretty good too.

Personally, I think they are going for head coaching experience.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 26, 2021, 8:59 AM

If we think it through might find it tough to to figure, though if we climb out on the bough and cough we might understand.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about Eric Bienemy? He can't seem to get hired

Jan 26, 2021, 5:35 PM

by a pro franchise, even though everyone seems to agree he is a great coach. Got to be some hidden agenda somewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 5:43 PM

I hear Willie Taggart is available.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic