Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quit acting childish and wear a mask. It just isn't that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Quit acting childish and wear a mask. It just isn't that

Sep 30, 2020, 9:45 AM

difficult and you might end up saving your own life. As a grown man I cant understand the lack of leadership in this direction. The difference wearing a mask in terms of fighting this disease is uncanny or you wouldn't be asked to wear it. We could be so much more effective in our fight against this virus if we just did this one thing... wear a mask and wear it the right way please.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quit acting childish and wear a mask. It just isn't that

Sep 30, 2020, 9:50 AM

Thanks for your authoritative condescension and denigration. It reminds me of someone, I'll get back to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 2:04 PM

Did you send this Feinstein and Pelosi? They should know this because apparently they don't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Quit acting childish and wear a mask. It just isn't that ]

Rgby,

a childish response - proving the OA's point.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:52 AM

I agree with the beginning of your post.

Where we start to disagree is the idea that the masks must make a huge difference or else we wouldn't be asked to wear them.

They might make a huge difference, but we have seen tons of evidence that there are many other reasons to tell people to wear masks at certain times and in certain situations.

A great example is requiring football players to wear masks on the sidelines while not wearing them on the field. That clearly has nothing to do with helping them be safer on the sidelines.

If it's not for player safety, then why is it that they are told to wear them on the sidelines?

Re: Yes, nothing like a condescending idiot like you to

Sep 30, 2020, 9:53 AM

start the day on Tnet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

cornflakes

Sep 30, 2020, 9:55 AM

is that you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Sep 30, 2020, 10:01 AM

This is either Cornflakes or his Neighbor, 2 peas in a pod.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some People Don't Want to be so afraid of dying that...

Sep 30, 2020, 10:27 AM

They stop living..

FYI...Germs and diseases have been around forever. People get sick...people die. That's life.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Some People Don't Want to be so afraid of dying that...

Sep 30, 2020, 9:41 PM

How does putting on a mask in the grocery store stop someone from living?

That's one of the most profound statements I've seen on this topic.

Oct 1, 2020, 2:26 AM [ in reply to Some People Don't Want to be so afraid of dying that... ]

Very good.

The Inability of People to Influence Versus Social Media

Sep 30, 2020, 11:11 AM

Scold/Shame is pretty sad. Much more productive to encourage, provide facts and support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In what situation?

Sep 30, 2020, 11:24 AM

Because before I'd wear one sitting outside watching a football game I'd stay home. This coming from someone who has had Covid. I don't disagree in principle but it depends on the setting.

Sep 30, 2020, 11:41 AM

Wrong board Moran. Didn’t you get the memo...

Jk but I doubt anyone truly cares how you feel.

I bet you feel great inside though.

no***

Sep 30, 2020, 11:47 AM

Sep 30, 2020, 11:56 AM

Says the childish grown man blog shaming on a football board. Sheesh..

Thanks MOM!!!!!***

Sep 30, 2020, 11:59 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Sep 30, 2020, 12:22 PM

Oh what has America become.

Sep 30, 2020, 12:37 PM

And stop riding motorcycles. People die on those things. And cars......don't get me started.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re u crying while u typed that ? I believe u were.

Sep 30, 2020, 3:21 PM

I wear a mask in many instances but it has zero to do with holier than thou knuckleheads like u making demands.

As a matter of fact, in honor of u I’m not going to wear one today.

Any other condemnations or mandates u want to share ?

Go ahead, I’m not listening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We’re u crying while u typed that ? I believe u were.

Oct 4, 2020, 11:54 AM

movino.

How mature of you !

Sep 30, 2020, 5:49 PM

If you want to be a good little sheep and follow your herd then by all means do it. Don't come on here like you are the almighty and tell anyone what to do. Just because you are a scared soy latte sipping puss that is scared of getting sick doesn't mean everyone else feels that way. Like I said if you want to stay home or wear a mask then go for it. Just like I don't go places that require me to wear a mask because that is my decision. You worry about you and I will worry about me. Thank you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 11:55 AM

Whitehurst,

Whatever happened to us - as in the US.

Shove that mask up your backside !!

Sep 30, 2020, 6:11 PM

Sheeple being fooled by TESTED POSITIVE not ACTUALY SICK. You're too damnnn stupid too try and tell anyone else what to do.

Re: Shove that mask up your backside !!

Sep 30, 2020, 8:49 PM

That couldn’t possibly prevent transmission. I don’t advise it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shove that mask up your backside !!

Oct 2, 2020, 11:40 AM

It's probably more effective than wearing the stupid thing.

Sep 30, 2020, 8:56 PM

#### you I’ll do what I want how about that? I am a free person. So sick of scumbags like you

Sep 30, 2020, 9:48 PM

If it makes such a HUGE difference, then why have the numbers not gone down since states started issuing mask mandates?

Maybe because masks don’t do ##### when trying to stop microscopic particles.

For the love of God, please stop. You are not saying

Oct 1, 2020, 12:01 AM

anything that will change what people are choosing to do today.

And by the way, a mask blocks larger droplets such as those emitted from coughing, sneezing, and spitting. They are virtually ineffective in blocking the spread of microparicles in an airborne respiratory virus. Never have been, never will be. If you really think masks are saving a significant amount of people from coughing, sneezing, and spitting then so be it. Althouhgh I have never seen abyone walking thru Walmart coughing, sneezing, or spitting on anyone, I reckon masks are saving some folks from emitting or receiving the virus via those means. So yeah, I wear one, but you must get it through your head that when you walk through Walmart with your mask, if you have COVID or someone else near you has COVID, mask or not, then the microparticles WILL be transmitted directly thru the mask by an emitter or taken in by a receiver... straight thru the mask.

These are just the simple facts, but regardless, preaching your stance on Tigernet will not change a single, solitary soul on what they are currently doing.

Re: For the love of God, please stop. You are not saying

Oct 2, 2020, 11:43 AM

Exactly. This virus is transmitted more through your hands. Well personally I feel that people having sex is the main reason for it spreading. I mean what else is there to do when you get locked down?

Are you my mother? Are you my father?

Oct 2, 2020, 11:48 AM

I am guessing not. So, as an adult, I will do what I think is best for me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sirius question. If you ride a motorcycle, do you wear a

Oct 2, 2020, 11:57 AM

helmet? Because, your attitude sounds exactly like those nimrods who refuse to wear one, because they don't want anyone infringing on their "individual freedom". My reply to them has always been, when you don't wear one, you take away MY individual right not to have your stupid brains splattered all over my windshield in the event of an accident.

Wearing a mask is the same thing. It is just as much for OTHER peoples protection from your germs as it is for your protection from theirs. I don't like wearing a mask anymore than anyone else, but if it helps, AT ALL, it is worth making this small sacrifice of "individual freedom" to help the health of the world at large. It just is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not ride a motorcycle.***

Oct 2, 2020, 12:39 PM

Nevertheless, when I have, I wore a helmet.

My point is, I am an adult and I can make my own decisions concerning what I do and do not do. I will not be bullied by someone telling me what to.

I follow the law. I drive carefully. I do things to protect my health. But, bloviating pontificators are not my choice of people I will listen to.

The 95-year-old woman in the Jamie Harrison ad that tells me she is voting for him "... and so should you!" has the same effect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You mean like this?

Oct 2, 2020, 12:02 PM

Could you be my, would you be my, will you be my Neighbor.

Oct 2, 2020, 12:12 PM

I can never see the real Mr. Robinson without thinking of the Eddie Murphy skits on SNL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the flip happened to manners?

Oct 2, 2020, 1:12 PM

Ok so you may not agree with the OP but read thru these posts....

Wouldn't a more appropriate response be something like (if you even have to respond) "Thanks for taking the time to post" or "Thanks, have a good day" or something similar. There's no need for all this venom. I'm fairly certain the goal of the OP was not to disturb a hornet's nest but rather just making a PSA.

Save the emotion for the games......

Re: What the flip happened to manners?

Oct 2, 2020, 1:19 PM

I think the tone of this thread was set by the OP. You get in life what you give, usually.

Yep, you are correct.***

Oct 2, 2020, 1:21 PM

Oct 2, 2020, 1:19 PM

I haven't seen where wearing a mask does or doesn't help with this "virus"! I trust the government on this about as much as I trust a black Widow to not bite me if I inadvertently put my fingers near it's fangs. That anyone trusts anyone in our government republican or democrat amazes me. I wear it where I am politely asked, anywhere else I am mask free. But this isn't the forum for that discussion.

Oct 2, 2020, 1:24 PM

I think it’s pretty clear masks slow transmission. Also pretty clear they don’t prevent transmission.

Other things that are clear about this virus at this point.....

The best way to prevent exposure is to lock yourself away from society. That’s just not practical for 99.99% of us.

It’s pretty clear everyone will eventually be exposed without a successful vaccine.

It is becoming less deadly as time goes on.

Oh, and I am a doctor, but don’t play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

early on . .

Oct 2, 2020, 1:45 PM

I didn't wear a mask often. I stayed away from people, no contact . .gave space when I was out and about. Now that it is mostly ordered to wear one when out now. I have accepted doing it. It's not difficult, at all. If it helps, then good! It just isn't that big of a deal to wear it.

It has nothing to do with leadership.

Oct 2, 2020, 2:17 PM

Most people don't like being told what to do, especially if it goes against what they want to do.

Regardless of what those in authority said, there would still be a significant portion of the population who doesn't care. Why? Because most people are only out for themselves. Most people don't want to be inconvenienced. Most people don't want to be told what to do.

People generally don't respect other people like they used to. I believe the internet, and especially social media, has made this worse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 4, 2020, 12:09 PM

Here is the problem. The CDC, or w.h.o.or whoever, has been so inconsistent, short sighted or consistently wrong, that its difficult to take them seriously. The masks that they are telling people to wear are meant to keep it from spreading...not keep you from contracting the virus. The proper mask, that can actually filter the virus, is readily available, but no one points this out. At this point, wearing a sheer cloth, the same as TL has been wearing, is considered appropriate. Yet, it was proven, by the medical staff at Duke, to be worse than nothing at all. This misinformation about the correct type of mask is beyond concerning. We could probably contain the virus in a short time with the correct mask.
This is a virus. Its not going away.
As to your thought of mandating a mask, its not within the parameters of governance to demand the American people to conform. Whats actually funny to me; we cannot, or do not, enforce current laws (immigration, counterfeiting, drug related incidence) yet you think were going to come together on masks....

Oct 4, 2020, 1:01 PM

The size of the virus...the size of the holes in masks...you are wrong.

Science.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:43 PM

Its only cost our country a couple trillion dollars and tens of thousands of lives and we're still going. Why would wearing a mask be important? I don't feel like wearing one. It's slightly uncomfortable.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:49 PM

Disagree sorry bud. This Virus doesn’t need to be slowed down. It’s here. It’s not going anywhere. We can’t beat it and I’m not waiting on some vaccine to save the day. The flue vaccine is worthless as well.

I personally want this to spread and hope that our population forms annuities and we get used to it like the flue. Life needs to go an and get back to normal.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic