Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2nd amendment rights and a concealed carry ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 4,522

2nd amendment rights and a concealed carry ...

Jan 5, 2020, 1:55 AM

Permit holder. Louisiana is a reciprocity state for SC's CWP. In La. govt building's are off-limits for concealed carry like most states. There is a law in La. that says that any business offering alcohol that concealed carry is legal in that establishment which was added after the mass shooting in the bar in Florida. Then they have a clause that says people can post weapon restrictions notices but that they don't necessarily follow the law.

I was wondering how the law would apply to the Super Dome. Got tired of reading laws but i wonder if there is some establishment or maximum occupancy clause that would legally restrict Concealed Carry?

Ok, not trying to scare anyone, and no I'm not bringing mine. I just happened to watch a show about concealed carry permits and it took me down a rabbit hole of questions.

I live in SC and just hunted waterfowl in Cali, and i had to bring my own ammo (11lbs max via plane) because a non-resident can't just go buy ammo even though they happily sell you a hunting license. I ended up using my local friends ammo because of the background checks for a 20ga waterfowl shotgun.

Just crazy how states are so far apart!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2nd amendment rights and a concealed carry ...

Jan 5, 2020, 6:17 AM

not even law enforcement is allowed to carry fire arms in the Super Dome. And with the president being in attendance, I think this should be a no brainer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 8:18 AM

Didn't even think about him actually!!
Figure it would be more welcome since Pelosi might have her salad shooter in an optical advantage to hit her mug!! Trump is there with normal orange and with yellow tigers, you know high yeller tigers are not to be trusted???

I'm pretty sure that concealed carry is illegal

Jan 5, 2020, 8:20 AM

at any paid sporting event in the US. If there is security getting in and police at the venue it makes no sense to carry anyway

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 6:53 AM

2 things. I haven’t read any of LA laws, but I imagine similar to other states, if you are drinking alcohol, you are not allowed to carry. 2nd, I know NC had a clause that restricted carrying if you had to pay admission, so things like movie theaters, fairs, games, etc were gun free. Then there is the whole POTUS thing.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Jan 5, 2020, 9:14 AM

Is it drinking is illegal with concealed? I thought the legal limits reduced to .05 but combine that with you cannot have a container in your possession during an altercation. Maybe it's easier to say no possession.

Paid venues maybe the exception that I missed in the rules which would make sense. I know some states were pushing to relax some of the carry laws with hopes of saving some repeats like Florida Club. Texas made that guy a hero a couple yrs ago in the restaurant robbery.

Jan 5, 2020, 9:38 AM

I don’t know about every state, but in a lot it is illegal to have a drop of alcohol while carrying a gun.

Regardless of what the law says you shouldn’t have to drink while you are carrying and put yourself and others in a vulnerable situation. Designated driver is designated carry is a great rule to live by.

What exactly do you think the metal detectors, clear bag

Jan 5, 2020, 8:28 AM

policies, and increased security are for?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What exactly do you think the metal detectors, clear bag

Jan 5, 2020, 8:52 AM

What are you afraid of?

What in my post indicated fear?

Jan 5, 2020, 9:22 AM

It’s pretty evident that you can’t bring a concealed carry to a sporting event. To even ask that is ridiculous. You can’t even have a pocket knife.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What in my post indicated fear?

Jan 5, 2020, 4:10 PM

My question was not directed to your earlier reply to the op

Jan 5, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: What exactly do you think the metal detectors, clear bag ]

I'm not afraid at all. I just got on a tangent of reading reciprocity laws because I do carry when I drive in strange lands if it's legal. But the verbiage of the La laws just got me wondering? Like i said, not trying to stir pots but just asking.

Jan 5, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to What exactly do you think the metal detectors, clear bag ]

Doesn't restrict if you are licensed based off laws I read in La. That's why i asked about it. We have a lot of trolls on board right now.

I'm glad for 2nd amendment.

Saw this lady wig out at Walmart because she saw guy carrying gun, he was legal. She wigged out so much, screaming she didn't want her son seeing someone carry in Walmart. She wouldn't drop it to the point they searched her and her car. Found illegal pot, paraphernalia, and "illegal ammo" in trunk since she was felon and she went to jail! Haha! So her son learned that you can't be a dumbchit, can't have pot, can't have ammo it you are felon and that it is legal to have gun in Walmart if you have a permit! Haha!

How do you know all of the details of that story?

Jan 5, 2020, 10:29 AM

Did you stand around and watch? If she had “illegal pot” what is “legal pot?”

Re: How do you know all of the details of that story?

Jan 5, 2020, 10:33 AM

I surmise they actually have news in that town. Amazing isn’t it?

Link?

Jan 5, 2020, 10:34 AM

How little goes on in that town for that to be a news story?

don't even think about it.***

Jan 5, 2020, 9:01 AM

unless you want to watch from a jail cell.

Message was edited by: dw1959®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 9:45 AM

Ques que say?

Jan 5, 2020, 12:35 PM

I would hope that any state with the rich history of South Carolina dating to before the Revolutionary War and Declaration of Independence would never allow for any discussion that considers denying American's the right to bare arms. Unlike many other states, South Carolina was in the middle of the battle for independence. South Carolina is home to the "Swamp Fox"; Francis Marion. What would have happened to America if not for Francis Marion having weapons to defend America against the British.

Jan 5, 2020, 1:07 PM

FWIW in FL you can’t carry into any live sporting event or a bar
I think this particular discussion is moot though with standard security measures not to mention Trump’s presence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: 2nd amendment rights and a concealed carry ... ]

yet georgia has better carry laws...shame

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do some wish to carry a firearm?...

Jan 5, 2020, 4:13 PM

I’ve never understood that. Every day I see someone with a holster on their side thinking they are Wyatt Earp! Man up

Re: Why do some wish to carry a firearm?...

Jan 5, 2020, 5:30 PM

open carry is stupid...everyone knows that...

but no private signs are legally binding in GA, and you can stick a firearm anywhere you want in your car

Ga wins

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 1:42 PM

California does what it can to ensure the safety of petty theives & burglars. California values the safety of all larcenists & if u are not a US citizen; one of the state's beautiful cities will gladly provide sanctuary-

Replies: 23
| visibility 4,522
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic