Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few random thoughts on the day after:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

A few random thoughts on the day after:

Nov 8, 2020, 1:27 PM

* Our key to success these past few years has been a dominant front seven. It's obvious we don't have that this year, especially missing Davis, Foster, Skalski, and Jones. Wish Coach Bates had been able to bring along some of the young pups quicker.

* DJU is unreal, but the drop off next year is going to be significant. We need to sign a real stud for 2022 to keep it going.

* We need someone at WR (Rogers, Powell, or Ross) to elect to return next year. If they all leave, and they can, we're going to be thin at WR.

* Don't like the three man Dline front. Murphy, Bresee, Davis, and Thomas would work.

* Jake Venables isn't fast enough to be a spy on the QB. Maybe when Jones comes back he is the spy.

* I think the staff was counting on Blake Vinson getting healthy. Obviously isn't happening. We simply must find another option at OL. Putting Parks at LT and moving Carmen seems worth a try in these next few games.

* We should throw Caldwell a really nice retirement party. It's time.

* Trenton Simpson is going to be a player. It will be interesting to see how we play he and Jones together.

* I'd like to see more TE routes that teams like ND run. Seems like an easy way to pick up 5 - 7 yards and offset our lack of running. If you think we must keep the TE in to block, that highlights our main issue. (Yes, I know we did throw a TD on a shorter route.)

* I think we have too many deficiencies to win it all, but I would love to make the playoffs anyway. Maybe we can beat ND and end up third. Play Bama in the semis, then OSU in the finals.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few random thoughts on the day after:

Nov 8, 2020, 1:54 PM

Agree with most of post.I hope you're right about Simpson, because he looked awful last night.Spector needs to spy, not Venebles.

Nov 8, 2020, 2:31 PM

TOO much DOWN three d. hate it play 4 down more!!!! over rushed kendrick plays off too much it's legal to throw to tight ends . mix it up on offense 25 yards et ????? trevor doesn't play d. tigers are very weak on pass d. b.c & n.d passing not a sorry loser we just not as good this year

Nov 8, 2020, 3:17 PM

Too many injuries coming into the game and then additional injuries accumulated during the game. ND has played an easier schedule and not as beat up. Get healthy and we can be a dominant team again.

Poor play calling on offense. When teams stack the box go to air raid, etc. w/ tight ends, running backs, etc. Etienne is pressing too much. Quit trying to do much and quit fumbling. Also, play smart offense and think about possession - he should not have run out of bounds on last run which gave ND 35 seconds. Use Etienne as decoy more.

DJ has played very well, but I think Trevor is a better and faster runner.

Nov 8, 2020, 3:30 PM

Agree with most of what what you said other then the the drop off with DJ next year. He could be better than Trevor with his size. He needs to learn how to run.

Nov 8, 2020, 3:40 PM

Did we not get any safety's in the last few years. We have two playing that did not receive many offers and were 3 stars or less. I know stars do not always count but we should have some more athletic players. Zanders looks terrible maybe in a couple of years he will be fine but we need help now. Fred I think will be a star along with several others at corner. I am hoping this loss wakes this team up and we start to play better each week and make the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't mean to imply we'd drop off with DJ. Just

Nov 8, 2020, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: A few random thoughts on the day after: ]

the drop off after DJ next year is steeper than the drop off after Trevor this year (with DJ as 2nd team).

Nov 8, 2020, 7:38 PM

Definitely would like to see the coaches use the TEs similar to ND. Appeared they had a significant number of catches in the game. We have two solid guys who are not used nearly enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic