Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After a 17 - 0 run . .what happened?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

After a 17 - 0 run . .what happened?

Jan 18, 2020, 10:47 PM

Natty, we were up 17 - 7. I didn't think the game was over by any means, but you had to be feeling pretty good. Burrows looked confused . . Trevor was decent at that point. For some reason the second half, we changed our D. If it was because of the ejection . . probably hindsight says ,not a good move. There was a couple bad calls . .could have helped us. But still. something happened that I'm not sure what it was. Was it just the change D ? Or did LSU make a dramatic change in something they were doing? Out Offense went sour. Didn't seen like ETN was used as much as he could have been used?? Serious question . No promises being up 17 - 7 early on . . but I didn't see what happened ,being in the cards.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After a 17 - 0 run . .what happened?

Jan 18, 2020, 10:54 PM

Other teams can make adjustments just like us and thats what they did. Also didnt help them that their offense was starting inside their own 20 most of the 1st half. I think everyone knew even up 17-7 that LSU was going to go off at some point we just had to match them offensively and we didnt do that. Wish we could have that game back but everything happens for a reason i guess

Jan 19, 2020, 6:01 AM

I agree, but what were the changes they made? Anyone? And what about us changing our defensive attack in the second half?

Jan 19, 2020, 8:25 AM

Is it possible that Dr. Venables outsmarted himself with the 3-1-7? When we finally did get pressure on Burrow he certainly looked human but then there was nobody there to take care of him when he ran...he's certainly not the runner that Trevor is...takes a straight line then slides before contact...our secondary was so crowded we were running into each other but not making the plays...Burrow threw a good soft catchable football...kinda reminds me of the UofF quarterback and he is accurate...but should not have been unbeatable with pressure...Burrow has good feet, probably took ballroom dancing at Ohio State...isn't that a major there!

Jan 19, 2020, 12:32 PM

I though Venables scheme was great all night, the players didn't make the plays. Thats not scheme. In "complimentary football" the offense did not hold up their end of the deal, 3 and outs, lots of incomplete passes. That puts the D on the filed alot, LSU didn't get to the Natty because they were not a really good team, they had players everywhere. We matched them talent wise, their talent played at the level expected we did not.

If I were to criticize anything from the fan side I would like to know why the OC staff decided to make so many really hard throws to the boundary and not exploit what LSU was giving us, the middle of the field. One pass to galloway down the middle? At least make them protect the middle of the field. ETN no carries in the 3d and 4th quarters? We got very one dimensional and still stayed within striking distance until the Tee PI call....

PAC 10 refs should be banned from post season .... not a good crew.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2020, 5:00 PM

I did not see the pre snap movement that was happening early in the game. I realize the entire scheme is not about pre snap movement. But I found it strange to see it diminish when it seemed to be working . . or at least when we were running it was when Burrows was having difficulty.

I'm just ready for 2020 season

Jan 18, 2020, 11:45 PM

Too bad college doesn't start off like the NFL, with a superbowl rematch. Would be a blast, and a blow out.

Re: I'm just ready for 2020 season

Jan 19, 2020, 12:34 PM

as long as its not in NO, there is some voodoo curse on Clemson in that building... we go back I'm bringing JoBu...

Jan 19, 2020, 12:56 AM

Hate to admit it, but LSU had the better talent. It kills me to say that.

that's actually the first correct thing you said.

Jan 19, 2020, 2:06 AM

LSU had more ranked talent. Too bad the best talent and coaches are either done with eligibility or bailing the heck out.

Jan 19, 2020, 4:02 AM [ in reply to Re: After a 17 - 0 run . .what happened? ]

And now LSU is done.
They had to rent their QB from Ohio State. Now what?
Nothing. LSU is gonna suck Bama’s balls again, like usual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 19, 2020, 3:54 PM

I know Clemson is still reeling from losing a 3rd national championship in 5 years, but you do realize this was LSU’s 4th try at a National Championship since 2003 right? LSU would have played for at least 2 additional ones had the CFP been implemented earlier—LSU got screwed by the BCS a few times. Clemson has a pretty easy trip to the playoffs every year, and I would argue got pretty lucky against OSU. LSU was winning championships before anyone took Clemson seriously. If I didn’t know any better I’d say most of you weren’t even around during the BCS era.

Only Bama has more national championships than LSU during the BCS/CFP era. Remember that next time you act like LSU “hasn’t been there before.”

Jan 19, 2020, 5:02 PM

What does your comment have to do with the question asked? Nothing. If you can answer it from LSUs standpoint, do it. If not . .bye.

Jan 19, 2020, 6:47 PM

Go away

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClEmSoN hAs An eAsY pAtH

Jan 20, 2020, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: After a 17 - 0 run . .what happened? ]

We play in the CFP every year you buffoon

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: After a 17 - 0 run . .what happened? ]

Clemson has won two and lost two Championships over the last five years. Clemson lost in the semi to Bama in 2017.

The fact that you have come to this forum the morning after the Natty to open an account simply to troll can only be described as a mental illness.

Your time here has reached an end.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best that SEC money can buy

Jan 19, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: After a 17 - 0 run . .what happened? ]

Guess that's why they all bolt as soon as possible.

Their OCs opened up their offense

Jan 19, 2020, 12:04 PM

We shrunk ours.

Jan 19, 2020, 12:23 PM

they figured out they could throw over the top, we did not make plays on offense. KEY MISTAKES going into halftime, the PI killed us, 3d and 19 and we get a really blatant and bad PI? That was the first dagger to the heart. Came out of the half, got a stop put together solid drive and then went completely flat. You cant be 1-11 (or whatever it was) on 3d down and win a Championship game, yet we were in until the offensive PI call on Tee at the end... not our night. The other play I thought was telling of how the night was going to go was Nola Turners pick 6 that went thru his hands, he mad a great read and a great play on the ball then didn't catch it... ughhhhhhh. That play summed up the entire night. We will be back.

Joe Burrow and LSU played lights out, they earned the win.

Jan 19, 2020, 1:37 PM

My thought is Clemson played Clemson ball for 1.5 quarters. The other 2.5 , not so much. Still, a few plays during that time , say 4 or 5 that could have gone the other way and and we have a different game. LSU hand out of bounds, the almost pic 6 ( I think he would have gone all the way) and the not so much offensive pass interference and you have a different game with different looks and plays and so forth. Not making excuses but still with a poor 2.5 quarters and all that happened I think the good Tigers played respectable and have more to build on than other programs.

Jan 19, 2020, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: After a 17 - 0 run . .what happened? ]

They definitely started hitting the over the top passes. Helps when you have no pressure in your face . .which is what changed.

Jan 19, 2020, 2:36 PM

The offense quit moving the ball, the defense spent most of the second quarter on the field, LSUs offense got into a rhythm and went on a 21-0 scoring run. We slowed them down a bit in the second half, at least scoring wise, but the offense continued to do nothing so we lost.

Jan 19, 2020, 4:02 PM

Even up 17-7, I wasn't happy because we weren't running Clemson plays on offense.

Hooks and ladders, reverses, passes to the TE? Ok, if it's working, great, we've got so many weapons, and we're exploiting weaknesses--but we never established Etienne as a threat, we never got comfortable throwing the passes that we thrive on.

We were constantly looking for the big play. It also seemed that Ross, in particular, was being intimidated by the physical play. Overton is more physical,
and I would have liked to see him get targeted.

And I think Trevor always overlooks Amari. Next year Amari needs to be utilized a lot more.

Defensively, I agree with the other guys about complimentary play: our best weapon was WILL SPIERS. But when the offense started going 3 or 4-and-out, we stopped pinning LSU deep and Burrow got time to throw, we were doomed. AJ's coverage wasn't bad, but it was obvious Burrow could go to Chase all night.

Jan 19, 2020, 5:33 PM

Go back to TD. Please

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 11:57 AM

TL laid an egg. He couldn’t make any passes. You have to score to win. DB’s were scorched by LSU wide receivers.

Jan 20, 2020, 11:04 PM

Get off ur mom. Burschmow is Jameous Winston with no cocktail sauce.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 1:15 AM

1) Brady watched some tape
2) Burrow got loosened up
3) Field position changed
4) Chase burned Clemson DB's as he predicted
5) Aranda measured Lawrence's tendencies & Elliott game plan by halftime
6) Elliott panicked and ditched ETYN & run game
6) Burrow hit most 3rd down pinpoint passes
5) LSU opened a can of whoop a$$

It happened ... the whoop a$$. And #2 ranking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic