Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another very busy day in the hospital
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Another very busy day in the hospital

Mar 27, 2020, 10:00 PM

Quick update of this weeks changes:

I will tell you, today's meeting was how we have fitted our Same Day Surgery area to a MASH style unit. The intention is to increase our ICU capacity from 30, to 55. We will forego state mandated ratios. RNs who are not in critical care will still take care of ICU patients, but work under ICU RNs utilizing a team approach model. ICU RNs will still do the ICU stuff but delegate other RN tasks. It's the logical approach, but part of what you get from an ICU RN is global critical thinking. It's going to be hard to do that for 6-8 pts where I am just titrating and reacting.

We ARE very much encouraging people over 70 who are positive COVID to not be full codes. Mortality and risk there is high. No commentary, just stating the facts. We are making different decisions based on if COVID positive or not.

We still do not have proper PPE. People are wearing things from home that they have made.

We've had 3 RNs from one floor in my hospital test positive. Its hush hush and so even my coworkers don't know. No word on their status. We are far from anything transparent right now and am sure that's in attempt to keep staff morale high and people showing up. When staff stops coming to work bc it isnt safe without the right gear, then what?

Again, this is no joke out here, it is very real, and today I rocked my first homemade cloth mask over the one personal N95 I have left.
In southern boy fashion, I chose the seer sucker fabric over the others ??

I love all y'all and hope for the best for each of you and your families. SO many good folks on here... thank you to all who have reached out, prayed, offered help to my fam as I'm stuck here, had offers for meals and all.kinds of creative ways to share thanks. THANK YOU ALL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Be safe.***

Mar 27, 2020, 10:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be safe Soy and thank you and your coworkers!***

Mar 27, 2020, 10:07 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be safe Soy and thank you and your coworkers!***

Mar 27, 2020, 10:12 PM

Thanks Soy it's good to get real time info from someone on the front lines. Continued prayers for all of you medical folks.

Message was edited by: The Doorman®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God Bless You Soy - Stay Safe, Praying for Y'all***

Mar 27, 2020, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: Another very busy day in the hospital

Mar 27, 2020, 10:17 PM

Anything, anything you might need. Can't thank you and all the docs and nurses on here keeping it?? for all of us.

Concerning that so many staff are getting it. Is that because PPE shortage or personnel not being careful enough. I say that because not supposed to be airborne.

Thanks again for the post and prayers constantly sent upwards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are people out there 3D printing face masks

Mar 27, 2020, 10:17 PM

I’m sure it’s not as good as a real N95

God bless you and your colleagues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are people out there 3D printing face masks

Mar 27, 2020, 10:19 PM

Yeah, I think SC churning out several hundred a day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are printing

Mar 28, 2020, 7:16 PM [ in reply to There are people out there 3D printing face masks ]

a part that can turn scuba gear into a respirator

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 10:43 PM

Thanks for your updates and special thanks for what you and the other medical personnel are doing to treat these victims. Prayers for all.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Means the world coming from you

Mar 28, 2020, 1:23 AM

Lord knows you've seen some things.
Be well my friend ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Thank YOU - for what you do and for keeping us informed.***

Mar 27, 2020, 10:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 27, 2020, 11:02 PM

Good update. These are real decisions , DNR or not, that face MANY of us in this nation . Truly, the decision to go DNR if elderly and infected mortally, is a self sacrificial , but important and necessary , decision . That's how we can round into societal health form.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True and bold statement***

Mar 28, 2020, 1:22 AM

null

Best wishes for your and your co-workers health and

Mar 28, 2020, 6:49 AM

safety, as well as your family's, as always.

Thank you for your determined efforts.

Prayers sent and thank you for your sacrifice.***

Mar 28, 2020, 10:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has your hospital been using the current prescription drugs others are using?***

Mar 28, 2020, 10:28 AM

We have not been using that med cocktail..

Mar 28, 2020, 2:02 PM

When we have our next meeting with Infectious Disease MD, I'll ask about it and let you know why we are not..

null

Mar 28, 2020, 10:32 AM

Stop the BS fear ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You serious?***

Mar 28, 2020, 12:01 PM

null

Re: You serious?***

Mar 28, 2020, 7:24 PM

Junk Yard is full blown alex jones, just ignore him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to You serious?*** ]

Yes. I was serious. And I make no apologies for my reply or for the length of this reply.

Unfortunately, those who saw my reply and thought ill of it and made their thoughts known in an insulting and vulgar way will probably never see this reply since it has been moved from FB page and is now old news. Kinda like when the NYT reports an untrue headline on the front page and later makes a retraction which is buried on page 20 in small print.

The Reason for my reply is/was, I don't know you from Adam. Sorry, if I'm supposed to know who you are. Others here may know you and follow you. I don't dwell on Tigernet and don't come here that often esp. since all sports have been cancelled, including nascar and golf.

As I was reading your report, I'm thinking, "why is this hospital professional care giver airing his hospital's dirty laundry in public" and reporting that: "We've had 3 RNs from one floor in my hospital test positive. Its hush hush and so even my coworkers don't know. No word on their status". That's gossip and unprofessional. I'm asking myself, why is he telling us this? Do I really need to know this? And if so, why? I concluded, that no, I really don't need to know this.

The over whelming majority of people who read and post on Tigernet live in SC. The web site is located in SC and is devoted to what is happening in sports at a University located in SC. So, since you did not ID what hospital
you were reporting on, I assumed it was a hospital in SC. I'm thinking, Why else would you be reporting on your work on a public forum catering to mostly SC residents? Not knowing until today by your reply to someone who asked where your hospital was located, did I learn it is 3000 miles away on the west coast in California. About as far away from SC as you can get and still be in the lower 48.

I have close family members who are currently doctors and nurses and friends who are Doctors and nurses working in SC hospitals. So, I knew from daily conversations with them, that we had no hospitals in SC as you described. Thus, my response of BS and spreading fear. I did not want anyone living in SC reading your report to think, "My God, If I get the Covid Virus, I may die if I end up in that
ill prepared and ill functioning place or one like it in SC.

Had you stated up front that you were reporting on what was happening in your hospital in California, and further stated that it is not indicative of what is happening in the majority of hospitals in America (and it is not) and especially in hospitals in SC,I would not have responded to your reporting.

I did however, think that it was very unprofessional to be airing your hospital's dirty laundry (lack of PPE and having to rely on home made masks) on a public forum. I also thought it was spreading fear when you talked about DNR, and in regards to , " We are making different decisions based on if COVID positive or not".

Thousands of people of all ages read the comments on Tigernet. There is enough fear already re. this virus. Especially among the elderly who have underlying health issues and are at high risk and are the overwhelming majority of the ones who are dying from the virus.

I live in a CCR community and every one here is at high risk and are fearful and we do not need to read that our hospitals are unable to care for us if we have to be admitted and DNR will be used on us. I'm sure you know that we are on lock down and I won't go into details as to how that has changed our lives. (If anyone is dying to know the details, tmail me and I will tell you.)

In summation, Some who read your report may have known you were not talking about a hospital 3000 miles from here. Some like myself may have thought you were reporting on conditions in a hospital in SC. which I knew was not true, thus my calling BS. Being in the very high risk group and having many friends here and knowing they are fearful of getting this virus, the last thing we want to hear is that our hospital sucks and we may be going into a DNR hospital where we will be left to die. And Dr Birx refuted that notion as being false.

Your report re. DNR:

(We ARE very much encouraging people over 70 who are positive COVID to not be full codes. Mortality and risk there is high. No commentary, just stating the facts. We are making different decisions based on if COVID positive or not.) As I recall, I thought you had been more specific re. DNR in your report.

Again, I still do not see the point of your report as it relates to those in SC and I think it is unprofessional to be talking about it in the manner you did. One of My Nephews is a surgeon, one is a hospital generalist, and one is a primary care doctor. 3 of My nieces are RN's. One works in ER and the other two work in ICU. All in hospitals in SC. They have never ever discussed their work in negative terms and rarely even discuss it in any terms. They would never gossip about their co-workers. Here at the CCR community 2 of my neighbors are retired physicians and one is a retired dentist. Even though they have been retired for many years, they never ever talk about their past work with patients.

I'm sure others will disagree with what I say in this reply. And that's OK. And when I made my comment, I thought about just moving on because I knew I would be attacked and personally insulted, and by jove tigernet did not disappoint. But I knew what you were reporting was BS and fear as it pertained to hospitals in SC and you failed to make it clear as to what hospital you were reporting from. And since I'm not a mind reader, I had no idea it was not a hospital in SC. Since up to the time I made my comment, no one had asked what hospital you were talking about, but people were commenting as if it was a foregone conclusion that everyone knew what hospital it was, I figured it was a hospital in SC.

I will tmail you some personal info. on me which will give you a better understanding re. my reaction to DNR.

The latest CDC stats :

Total cases USA: 103,321
Total deaths USA: 1,668

Total cases SC: 456
Total Deaths: 9

Since this community has over 250 at high risk residents with underlying conditions who are fearful of what may happen to them if they contract the covid virus, I pay very close attention to what is being said and written about it and it serves no useful purpose for any one to talk about DNR in any way which is a worst case scenario and most probably will never happen, but people already afraid think the worse when they hear that being discussed. What they hear is "we'll just let the old MF's die." Shame on any health care professional who would discuss it in any manner on a public forum.

Young people may pay it no attention because they think they will never die. But, your audience is not confined to just the young. We have no idea of how many people may have copied and pasted your report(hopefully none) and sent it to an older at risk person or told others about reading how this hospital in SC is a terrible place to have to go if you get the virus. And unless they knew you and what hospital you were working in, why wouldn't they assume it was in SC?

So, yes I was serious and now I trust you and others know why.

Stay safe and I trust you do not ever test positive for the covid virus.

Oh, by the way, did I mention I thought you were talking about a hospital in SC? Guess I could have shortened this saga to just that statement in my reply, but what the heck. I can't go any where or watch any sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 1:51 PM

You assumed...and it didn't go well as a result.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious, are you working in an ICU in California like soywaker is?***

Mar 28, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Another very busy day in the hospital ]

Get fcked you turd.***

Mar 28, 2020, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Another very busy day in the hospital ]

Mar 28, 2020, 12:06 PM

What part of the country do you work, SC ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sacramento CA***

Mar 28, 2020, 12:10 PM

null

Layin' da mack down in Sactown! Good friend of mine and a PA

Mar 28, 2020, 4:40 PM

is moving there right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for all you do...***

Mar 28, 2020, 12:41 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ReGod bless you and all the people working to help others !

Mar 28, 2020, 2:36 PM

We will pray for you all and try to do our part to help you and the stressed system !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2020, 4:28 PM

Prayers for you Soywaker@ and the rest of the American medical teams during this trying time!

Mar 28, 2020, 6:06 PM

I've had the greatest admiration for those of you on the front lines long before this crisis ..... but especially now. The doctors and nurses that saved my wife after her heart attack are saints in my book. It is a helpless feeling knowing that is not much many of us here can do to help due to your location. I'll be happy to send anything your way if I can get something locally that you need. Meanwhile prayers will be sent your way to you and your family.

Thanks for these updates andl

Mar 28, 2020, 9:13 PM

thank you and your coworkers for putting yourself on the line. It’s great to have a trusted on the ground source of information. Stay safe man.

Check Tmail***

Mar 28, 2020, 11:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic