Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any chance Ross is back for the postseason?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Any chance Ross is back for the postseason?

Oct 11, 2020, 2:54 PM

I remember Dabo saying in an interview he has an evaluation appointment in December. Would that open up the potential to play in the postseason or is it a done deal that he is absolutely out for the entire 2020 season? Would be an awesome lift for the postseason, similar to Galloway last season.

Just daydreaming this Sunday...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any chance Ross is back for the postseason?

Oct 11, 2020, 2:56 PM

I am more concern reference his returning for next season. We need his skills.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 2:58 PM

DJU with Ngata, Ladson, Ross, Galloway, etc. he will (potentially) have some serious weapons around him.

Oct 11, 2020, 2:59 PM

i'll be happy if ngata is back on the field.imagine the offense with he and ross back playing together again.hopefully soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 11, 2020, 3:00 PM

I would think it’s the same as a regular redshirt and he can play four games without blowing eligibility, but maybe not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 3:30 PM

I thought this year would not count if you played or not due to covid

Oct 11, 2020, 3:44 PM

True.

I just didn’t know if there was any chance that he could potentially be cleared to play this season. Knew Dabo said he had an appointment in December. But didn’t know if that appointment could potentially clear him to play in this postseason.

Oct 11, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Any chance Ross is back for the postseason? ]

The question is about playing this year off of med redshirt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I seem to recall someone saying....

Oct 11, 2020, 4:00 PM

That care needed to be had that Ross did not try to over do it too early. That he needed to make sure to give himself the time to heal. My hope is that we get to see a fully healthy Ross by next spring.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 4:19 PM

Read some old articles. It looks like Justyn will have to decide in January. So December must just be some sort of check up.

Oct 11, 2020, 4:38 PM

IMHO Ross will be at the Combine next Spring. He has all the skill sets for the NFL. He has a national championship ring and was outstanding in the championship. If the doctors say he's healthy, he will be ready. I look for him to go in the late first / early second like his bud Tee Higgins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 5:11 PM

I think it is assumed by most that he will enter the draft next spring.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ross will have to prove to the NFL that he is healthy, like

Oct 12, 2020, 7:14 AM

... like Mike Williams did.

I don’t think he gets high draft eval coming off major surgery unless he puts together a stellar season as proof.

He might forgo playing next year at Clemson, but the example of Mike Williams should weigh heavily on his decision.

Oct 11, 2020, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Any chance Ross is back for the postseason? ]

His sophomore year was solid but not great. He can definitely improve his stock by coming back.

There is also the injury issue that he needs to show he has recovered from.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Any chance Ross is back for the postseason? ]

OF course nobody knows what he will do, but in my opinion he would benefit by coming back just like Mike Williams did. I think Mike went from the middle or the draft to a solid 1st rounder by coming back. That was a multi-million dollar move!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 11:45 PM

Not sure but I don't want him back just for the playoff. He won't be in true football shape and at his best.

We can wait until next year.

Oct 12, 2020, 8:06 AM

NO
I don't think the coaches will risk a guys future on a few meaningless plays.
Just get well and come back better than ever, or just live a long happy life. Either way he won't come back this season. Spinal surgeries are extremely serious and hit or miss.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Read up on his situation

Oct 12, 2020, 8:33 AM

He will be lucky to play football again. So far so good though! Went to the best of the best doc for this and has been following every rule and recommendation. He also has the heart of a champion. I hope we see him in orange agsin, but more than that hope he gets fully healthy. He has a great future football or no football.. great young man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic