Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we losing our home game against USC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,930

Are we losing our home game against USC?

Jan 25, 2021, 7:43 PM

We wanted to play USC. The ACC gave permission for 10 ACC games plus one.
Are we not resetting so we have USC at home for 2021?
I haven’t heard officially.
Is no one else mad about this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, talk about a little used scok! Two whole posts

Jan 25, 2021, 7:48 PM

since 2008? Who could you be?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for that astute observation!!!***

Jan 25, 2021, 7:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I bet he's short, stoopid and annoying.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:45 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Are we losing our home game against USC?

Jan 25, 2021, 7:55 PM

No, not mad. Schedules are made 15 to 20 years out these days. If you start switching games around you would have to redo all the already set schedules. If not, you would have 6 home games one year and 8 the next. Easier just to play the games as already scheduled.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, since we were ready to play the coots, but they bailed

Jan 25, 2021, 8:06 PM

They should be penalized in some way. I think the 2021 game should be at Clemson, but then keep the
regularly scheduled rotation, so we would get the home game in 2021 and 2022!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, since we were ready to play the coots, but they bailed

Jan 25, 2021, 8:08 PM

I'm with you longtall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 2:14 AM [ in reply to Well, since we were ready to play the coots, but they bailed ]

Yes, I am with you Long. We lose the home game but we also lose the much needed income after such a sucky 2020. Ppl say no big deal but monetarily that is Millions we have lost for our athletic program. We should make them pay extra if we lose our home game that we were open to play.

They actually didn’t bail. They were the only $EC school

Jan 26, 2021, 5:10 AM [ in reply to Well, since we were ready to play the coots, but they bailed ]

that wanted an out of conference game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

“They actually didn’t bail.” Don’t be so gullible, McFly!

Jan 26, 2021, 1:01 PM

It’s like when you have a Democrat elected in a majority Republican district. When a strongly Democrat bill is is going to pass by a large majority, that representative can vote AGAINST the bill because his vote doesn’t matter- the bill is passing without his vote. He can then tell his district constituents “see, I voted against the bill” and be viewed by the gullible as a moderate or even a closet Republican.

So, when the coots say, “see, we voted for out of conference games” DON’T buy it - they knew the SEC vote against OOC games was already in the bag. If the SEC vote was tied and coots had the deciding vote, does ANYONE actually believe they would have voted to “let’s go play Clemson AT Death Valley and get our azzes kicked 56-7 for the 7th time in a row!” Right. If you buy that, I have the clear title to a bridge over the Cooper River that I can sell to you at a great price. You can make your money back in two years just by charging tolls!

Go Tigers!

How'd that UAB game go for them,

Jan 26, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to They actually didn’t bail. They were the only $EC school ]

when they had their chance at an OOC game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 26, 2021, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Well, since we were ready to play the coots, but they bailed ]

USuK did not bail on the game. They voted to play the OOC games. It was the SEC conference big wigs that decided only conference games could be played.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 10:05 AM

That's what she said.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:01 PM

I didn’t know we ever had the Trojans on our schedule.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:30 PM

Yes, we are losing our home game against the Lamecocks. Too bad we missed out on a sure blowout, but it will make a win in Columbia next year even sweeter.
Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 25, 2021, 9:17 PM

We don't have any home games agains Southern Cal. We lost to them in '66.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 9:36 PM

Don't much matter where we beat them at, could honestly care less if we even play them. Screw the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who calls them USC?***

Jan 26, 2021, 5:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He’ll figure it out when he poasts again...

Jan 26, 2021, 5:12 AM

In 2034.

~JKB

USC is in california...

Jan 26, 2021, 5:44 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: USC is in california... and Carolina is in Chapel Hill!***

Jan 26, 2021, 6:22 PM

I don’t know about you, but I’d be willing to give up a home game with USC

Jan 26, 2021, 8:11 AM

if it meant getting to play a game at the Coliseum.

https://usctrojans.com/facilities/united-airlines-field-at-los-angeles-memorial-coliseum/2

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 26, 2021, 12:35 PM

Doesn’t matter we’re going to whoop them for many many years to come

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,930
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic