Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have another ? for the anti-Christ crowd too
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,050

I have another ? for the anti-Christ crowd too

Nov 18, 2020, 10:02 AM

What are your thoughts on Dabo's Christian beliefs and how it is a large part of the Clemson football program?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have another ? for the anti-Christ crowd too

Nov 18, 2020, 10:31 AM

As long as he is winning nobody inside this program cares.

But my own personal observations are that it has made for a much tighter knit team with excellent character and a love of one another. that can only help on and off the filed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 10:39 AM

As long as he is winning games and doing it in the classy fashion he is, I don't care what fiction he believes in. It doesn't matter. I want him to be happy as well. He is doing great. He is turning out great people as well. He is a gift to society. Way better than I will ever be.

Nov 18, 2020, 1:00 PM

As long as he is winning games and doing it in the classy fashion he is, I don't care what fiction he believes in. It doesn't matter. I want him to be happy as well. He is doing great. He is turning out great people as well. He is a gift to society. Way better than I will ever be.

BINGO!^

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Nov 18, 2020, 10:47 AM

OC,

A couple of things:

1. Could we rephrase the anti-christian to non-religious. I am not anti-christ. I just don't think he exists. It hard to be AGAINST something that does not exist. I am not anti-unicorn either.

2. I have no problem with Dabo's beliefs. I don't even have a problem with him being r=fairly public about it. But i do worry that, in his role as a leader of young men, that it would be easy for him (& his staff) to illegally influence his younger players and staff. As an agent of the state government, coaches and teachers have to be careful not to proselytize to their influence-able students.

I worry that Christianity is SO prevalent (and so heartfelt) among the staff and some players, that it would be easy to overstep that line and not be aware of it. As a teacher, I have had to actively work to remain neutral in my interactions with students.

Nov 18, 2020, 11:05 AM

1. I did not come up with the anti-Christ another user did and I am following suit.

2. Dabo says he will express his feeling but will not push it on anyone.

3. My personal believe is God has given Dabo a gift. He has over came a lot in his life that none of us
has had to do, well me personally anyway.
4. All the thing most of y'all have said why you don't believe is thing that I struggled with when I
was a young man but when it came down to it you have to believe and its called faith. No one has
disproved anything that was written in the bible. I can tell you they will not.

4. "No one has disproved anything from the bible.

Nov 18, 2020, 1:39 PM

Wowzers soooo let's start with something basic.....

Best scientific evidence against the historical accuracy of the bible? Irrefutable DNA evidence that there were NEVER only two humans alive at any point in time. And likewise, there is zero support for a simultaneous genetic bottleneck of all animal species, including humans, about 4,000 years ago due to being restricted to a single wooden boat.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I have another ? for the anti-Christ crowd too ]

I don't think you are saying that Jesus Christ never existed? He is obviously not walking on Earth now, but irrespective of biblical accounts, Jesus Christ existed. He claimed he was essentially God. He did not recant that claim and was executed. So a person proclaimed to many people of his time that he was God revealed through man. What are we then to conclude? Was he a liar? Was he a lunatic? Was he actually who he said he was? Could a person falsely claim to be God and yet be a good person?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 11:39 AM

A interesting quick read if anyone is interested is Mere Christianity by CS Lewis. I think it is thought provoking.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 12:05 PM

could see its influence it your first response!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Exactly.

Nov 18, 2020, 1:41 PM

And I would recommend to him reading any stories predating Jesus that...ya know....followed the exact story line of Jesus.

That story was told many times before him.

As described by the prophets and Isaiah in particular.

Nov 18, 2020, 2:49 PM

Many times, going all the way back to Genesis.

Oh, that’s not what you meant?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Genesis isn't the end all be all of the beginning of time

Nov 18, 2020, 2:58 PM

there chief.

Re: As described by the prophets and Isaiah in particular.

Nov 18, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to As described by the prophets and Isaiah in particular. ]

Buddha, Krishna, Odysseus, Romulus, Dionysus, Heracles, Glycon, Zoroaster, Attis of Phrygia, and Horus all pre-date Jesus but have the same story.

Re: As described by the prophets and Isaiah in particular.

Nov 18, 2020, 6:45 PM

Wait, they were all scourged, ridiculed and mocked, and, finally, crucified so they could save mankind from their sin?

Please don't misunderstand my first comment. I was simply commenting that I could see that the person had read Mere Christianity by the questions that were posed. I was identifying with them, not standing apart from them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their

Nov 18, 2020, 11:08 AM

views, and demand that they respect yours." - CT

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 11:22 AM

I have no issue with his religious beliefs, and as long as it's not something forced on our players or used to discriminate against any players (and it doesn't appear to be at all), there's no issue. And if it works as a recruiting tool (which apparently it does), have at it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 18, 2020, 11:46 AM

You are not trying to say Dabo is fake I hope.

Dabo is not fake...he really believes it.

Nov 18, 2020, 1:42 PM

But we get really good recruits because of it......I cheer for whatever is good for Clemson Football. So GO JESUS!

Nov 18, 2020, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I have another ? for the anti-Christ crowd too ]

As do I.

Nope.***

Nov 18, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I have another ? for the anti-Christ crowd too ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Nope.***

Nov 18, 2020, 3:23 PM

Ok, just making sure.

Nov 18, 2020, 11:56 AM

Heard an interesting take regarding that on local sports talk radio here in Columbia. Dabo is open with his faith. Muschamp, upon his hiring in 2016, fired the SC team chaplain. Maybe there was more to it than reported, but as far as a parent might view this, which coach would you rather you kid play for?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 12:25 PM

Dabo 100 %

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,050
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic