Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's amazing how when you get older, time starts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

It's amazing how when you get older, time starts

Jan 1, 2020, 1:16 AM

rolling forever downhill on the railroad track of life, time flies, where the heck did the last decade go? When I was younger time went by so much slower. I try to apply the lessons learned in the Pink Floyd song Time, very badass tune by the way, they sure aren't making quality music like this, Happy New Year & try to apply the lessons in this song to your own life, so that you might slow down life as much as possible to be able to gain as much joy from it as possible, enjoy
https://youtu.be/kyGT4yhJPFE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's amazing how when you get older, time starts

Jan 2, 2015, 9:32 AM

dont know how old you are and not asking, but the old times were right: time moves faster the older one becomes. as a child I used to look at folks me age and thought they had plenty of time and wisdom. now I learn neither was true.

Jan 1, 2020, 1:28 AM

I turned 50 recently, one of my biggest wishes is to see as many Clemson championships before I take my last breath. Never know when the last breath is coming, I am so appreciative of this winning we have been able to enjoy since Dabo got the job, it's been magical

Jan 1, 2020, 9:33 AM

Hopefully, another big wish is to be able to watch your grandchildren grow up, while still being able to play with them. At least that's what I'm doing.

On the flip side, be thankful you're not a coot as time runs out.

What’s amazing to me

Jan 1, 2020, 1:30 AM

Is how I’ve been to Clemson football games since Hootie Ingram was coach. I’ve hoped for 1 more N.C. since ‘81. I hit the Lottery of college football!

Jan 1, 2020, 1:35 AM

Yep. One day you’re a student hitting up the bars getting all kinds of womens. The next you’re in Hardee’s at 6 am eating gravy biscuits and talking about the weather. Life moves at you fast

Jan 1, 2020, 1:38 AM

Hardee's biscuits are the best, so good

Jan 1, 2020, 2:19 AM

My dad used to talk about this - the passing of time & how it's perceived in our youth vs later in life. He'd say, "You can see why time appears to speed up. When you're age 6, for example, it might seem like forever to turn 8. It's only 2 years, but when you turn 8, the 2 years represents 25% of your whole life. But going from age 60 to 62, the same 2 years is only about 3% of your life. In relative terms, that's hardly anything, so naturally it seems to fly by."

He was right. Now - 20 years doesn't seem terribly long to me. I recall exactly where I was 20 years ago, New Year's Eve, 1999 - and in great detail. Feels like it was about 4 or 5 years ago!! A little scary....

Jan 1, 2020, 2:47 AM

Absolutely, another thing is as you get older and you have to be every day on time, so you are constantly dominated by time, and you get into routines, and when you are doing the same thing every day, the days melt & meld into one another, pretty soon it's a indistinguishable blur, when look back upon it, you can pick out big memories, unfortunately so many smaller memories get lost, the memory loss aspect is one of the worst things about getting old

Jan 1, 2020, 3:45 AM

Know what you're saying on "losing memory" or the "blurring of memories" the older we get. Then again - is that a blessing or a curse? What if you had a photographic memory & COULD recall every detail of every day - like Lincoln Riley @ OKLA. He can do that. They "held the book on him" to test if he could remember every play from past games. "2018 -your 3rd possession, 2nd QRT vs Kansas, 2nd down - what play did you run?" (Riley): "Swing pass to Lamb in the flat - play goes for 12 yards." .....He can replay entire games in his head! Even from past years!!

Jan 1, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: It's amazing how when you get older, time starts ]

Yeah, when i was a teenager, i could not imagine what it must be like to be 30.

Now I'm double that and i wonder what ahs happened.

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”
Mark Twain

Jan 1, 2020, 4:10 AM

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-time-seem-to-speed-up-with-age/

Jan 1, 2020, 11:44 AM

Thanks for this

Jan 1, 2020, 7:30 AM

Relax W H, the decade is not over for another year. You have plenty of time left.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As we came up on 2020, I thought of the Y2K scare...

Jan 1, 2020, 7:35 AM

It's hard to believe...that was 20 years ago!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As we came up on 2020, I thought of the Y2K scare...

Jan 1, 2020, 7:41 AM

Attended my first Clemson game in 1956.

Graduated, then season tickets for several decades.

I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I turn 70 this year.

It never gets old.

Enjoy this little thingy Clemson currently has going.

Life has a way of making abrupt, unexpected changes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you, purple! I'll turn 70 this year also, so you

Jan 1, 2020, 7:47 AM

must've started in 1968, as I did! 1968 was also the first time a attended a game!

Here, this should help! Front man is only 76!

Jan 1, 2020, 7:58 AM

Imagine the age in 2020 of the “chicks” in the 1982 audience shots!

https://youtu.be/rIE2GAqnFGw

Jan 1, 2020, 9:39 AM

This is not quite as great as Pink Floyd, but since we are musicing up the New Year y'all might find it apropos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es60unGCGKw

Jan 1, 2020, 9:48 AM

I play tennis with some older fellas, and some are in their mid-to-late eighties. At least they are staying active which helps IMO. At least that's my plan. :)

It is interesting to hear their perspective on playing. I had an 80 yo ask to play 1 set of singles with me yesterday just for him to get more exercise. I hope I can do that when I'm 80. I play chess against the same guy on weekends. He is doing everything possible to make his life better IMO. He even takes a 93 yo guy to lunch every week. One of our guys is mid-eighties, and was the former SC chess champion, while still being very active doing that. He plays extremely well at tennis and does sailing competition (but I don't know what that's called). Watching these guys makes you want to be your best and remain active as long as possible. While we could write a novel on our aches, pains, surgeries, and failures, we are still hanging in there. :)

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic