Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baring a Miracle The Rose Bowl is in a Real Jam for Jan. 1st
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Baring a Miracle The Rose Bowl is in a Real Jam for Jan. 1st

Nov 30, 2020, 8:58 PM

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-and-other-california-counties-enact-pandemic-restrictions-as-covid-19-cases-surge/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baring a Miracle The Rose Bowl is in a Real Jam for Jan. 1st

Nov 30, 2020, 10:01 PM

There is a prescient for playing the Rose Bowl at a different location than .Pasadena. The 1942 Rose Bowl was moved to Durham because of a possible Japanese attack on the West Coast. There is a rumor that both CFP Semifinal games could be played at the same location.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 10:07 PM

Where would that be? Miami and keep the winning teams there a week in a mini bubble?

Yes! Oregon State vs Duke?

Nov 30, 2020, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Baring a Miracle The Rose Bowl is in a Real Jam for Jan. 1st ]

Interesting footnote in history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

There may be a problem trying to fill all the bowl

Dec 1, 2020, 4:11 AM

slots, plus there are some in areas like Detroit, New York, etc. that may be questionable.

Secondly, I don't know if it wouldn't be a good idea to have the CFP in one location, eliminating a lot of excess travel for teams and/or fans, and have it in a central location. One game in the a.m., clean and disinfect the stadium, the second in the evening. The losers go home, the two winners practice, catch some zzzzz's, then play the title game a week later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they could see tripling of hospitalizations by Christmas

Dec 1, 2020, 5:12 AM

better lock her down to prevent that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 6:10 AM

Baring a miracle ,they may not even have a playoff.
It could happen, for instance if one of the 4 teams was hit by a spike in positive testing, or if a city like Pasadena said sorry no way are you playing here a week before the teams are scheduled to travel.
Or if no major NFL stadium was available ,and what about concessions for the fans, or cities shutting down resturants, or hotels ,or airlines cancelling flights.
I think things would have to get real bad, but my definition of real bad might not be the same as the Major ,or Governor of one of those states.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:03 AM

I recall reading an article concerning the CFP that said if a (one of the four) team cannot play, the game is s forfeit - they will not try to substitute another team.

Sorry, no link. It was about 10 days ago in one of the discussions/Q&As with CFP officials....

The MLB Playoff approach would seem to be a pretty good option. Or solution in the case of California and Herr Newsome and Herr Garcetti.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic