Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brian Kelly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,096

Brian Kelly

Nov 2, 2020, 7:29 PM

What are your thoughts about the good ole Notre Dame coach?

Is Brian Kelly your least favorite college football coach?    [Results]

Of course… and he has an incredibly punchable face
He's a close 2nd to Willy Muschump
Absolutely not, I am an Irish fan stalking an opponent's bored
I don't even football… and am not sure why I am here
military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brian Kelly

Nov 2, 2020, 8:18 PM

Curious to hear your thoughts. Our fan base is probably 50/50 in him. He was lucky to still have a job after 2016

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seems to have his meds leveled out now... Better.***

Nov 2, 2020, 8:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Brian Kelly ]

Gip, I’m through and through Orange so with that in mind and a sincere attempt to ignore that I will say that he has been in the circle for a long time by College football standards. He has not done well at the top, but he has a lot of reasons for being there. I think though he is a mid-tier coach without the vast resources he is blessed with at ND - money means something.

Personally, he’s a jackhole. Embarrassing how emotional he gets at times he should be the most professional, a child when he should be a leader and Cold when he should be vulnerable.

If you care about winning everything, I’d lobby to get him fired. If you feel like he is a jackhole and would prefer to win about the same amount, but get to like your coach.............

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Brian Kelly ]

I have just never liked the guy. I am sure he knows the game and he must be able to handle himself well around the boosters and boardroom, but he’s a whiner with a smug personality. I would just never want to play for him. He fields good teams and I actually think he gets a lot out of his players. I enjoy beating them, particularly with him at the helm. I sure hope he goes “O”fer against us for his career. There are much shadier guys out there but not fan at all.

Nov 3, 2020, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Brian Kelly ]

All that comes to mind when I think of Brian Kelly is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlfjhEBAWQ

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Not in my top 5 least favorite***

Nov 2, 2020, 8:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 8:22 PM

Never have been a big fan of his, even before ND. But, even if I had liked him before ND, he would still be one of my least favorite coaches now. He coaches ND. Nuff said.

Brian Kelley

Nov 2, 2020, 8:26 PM

seems rather effeminate for a Head Football Coach, and I swear he is wearing makeup on the sidelines. He is like the Lindsey Graham of football coaches.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice call...***

Nov 2, 2020, 8:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brian Kelley

Nov 2, 2020, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Brian Kelley ]

Now that’s comedy.,.well timed, unexpected, and with a hint of truth.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:50 PM

27.2% Winning percentage against top ten teams

If Brian Kelly was as good as he thinks he is - he’d be great ...

As it is - his ego outweighs his coaching prowess - he’s a decent/good coach ,..
Not great

Nov 2, 2020, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Brian Kelley ]

27.2% Winning percentage against top ten teams

If Brian Kelly was as good as he thinks he is - he’d be great ...

As it is - his ego outweighs his coaching prowess - he’s a decent/good coach ,..
Not great

Nov 2, 2020, 9:19 PM

Look in Webster’s for mediocre and you will find two photos. Brian Kelly and Jim Harbaugh....got a bunch of people fooled for a lot of $$$$$

Nov 2, 2020, 8:47 PM

loved the fear in his eyes when w came down the hill a few years ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 9:22 PM

I’ve noticed the more he loses to Clemson, the better I like him. Other than that, I don’t pay him much attention.

Nov 2, 2020, 11:22 PM

Ok, I will be the one. I am not a fan of his, nor do I think he is anything special as a coach. That said, it's hard to dispute he is the best coach ND has had on the sidelines since old Lou was on the sidelines. Ok, so that bar isnt overly high maybe, but he seems to win 8-9 games every year and either their academic requirements, plus normal schedule, that is pretty solid. I DO also think he has benefitted greatly however from the demise of their traditional opponents like USC, Meatchicken etc. Kinda like the coots did for a few years, and STILL won nothing.

Nov 3, 2020, 7:51 AM

I actually think Kelly is a pretty good coach. The 2016 season was a disaster, but he took a good long hard look at himself and made a ton of changes most HC's would be reluctant to. Since then he's 39-6. Harbaugh would take that in a heartbeat. lol His biggest obstacle is the academic requirements. While they aren't as stringent for FB players as they are for the rest of the student body, they are still higher than most schools. To an extent, this limits him as to the size of the recruiting pool he has to use, especially when it comes to landing 5 star kids which is already a small pool. My biggest complaint with him is recruiting of QB's that can take a team to the next level. Jurkovec was supposed to be that kid, but he ended up being somewhat entitled. Reports were he didn't pay attention in the QB room, late to meetings, didn't practice hard, etc. Hence his transfer to BC.

Some credit needs to go to Father Jenkins and AD Swarbrick as well. Jenkins predecessor Father Malloy did not care for athletics especially FB and thought it took away and tarnished the schools mission. Jenkins sees the FB program as an extension of the schools mission and has went to bat with the board to get many upgrades that had been lacking for quite a few years.

Nov 3, 2020, 8:59 AM

We had a president like that one time...Sent us to the hinterlands for 20 years

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Brian Kelly ]

Good stuff Irish

Nov 3, 2020, 8:21 AM

I like him as ND's coach. Wins enough not to get fired, can't actually win the big one. Lets ND just waste away the years....

He is just slightly better than Kirby at Jawja

My mama says I can't participate in your poll, because

Nov 3, 2020, 9:01 AM

you didn't have "No, I have another least favorite coach not listed" as an option. :)

(The correct answers would be Dave Dewshebag Doeren, or Jim Harbaugh. With an honorarium to former coach Jim Tressel from Nut Necklace State.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My mama says I can't participate in your poll, because

Nov 3, 2020, 11:10 AM

Ole Petrino from Looeeeville shoulda been on there too:)

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,096
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic