Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cancel culture is coming for Dabo. Good luck w that.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Cancel culture is coming for Dabo. Good luck w that.

Nov 24, 2020, 7:39 AM

Not really a good choice, they should go for Swofford or someone else who doesn’t have a spine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford & the Cancel Culture are of the ilk...

Nov 24, 2020, 11:04 AM

.the morally corrupt, the brainless human parrots, & the programmed zombies>all share same POS bloodline, share in their love of the 4th Stooge-JoRo Biden; and a misguided, irrational hatred for President Trump

Re: Swofford & the Cancel Culture are of the ilk...

Nov 24, 2020, 1:18 PM

I don't want to go down a political road here, but are we acting like "cancel culture" is unique to the liberals and democrats?

Nov 24, 2020, 1:28 PM

Until just recently there was no cancel culture. Until just recently people agreed to disagree. Now people on the left think freedom of speech means you can say anything you want as long as you can live with the consequences and we can use social media to get you fired for saying something that 5 minutes ago no one would’ve thought twice about.

Less than 25% of the American population has a Twitter account. 90% of the tweets on Twitter come from approximately 2% of the population. Those people are overwhelmingly female, liberal, and disproportionately black women. That is per a study done by pew research. If you don’t believe me Google it.

Unfortunately, because big tech is extremely liberal, and because the mainstream media is extremely liberal, major corporations are scared to say no to the idiots in the room and the children screaming on Twitter.

Trust me, 10 or 20 years from now history is going to look back at this time and all the people saying they’re on the right side of history will be seen as idiots and propagandists.

If you want to know and understand why all of this is happening go to YouTube and watch videos by a liberal academic named Jonathan Haidt Who wrote an excellent book called coddling of the American mind and he clearly explains how just recently thanks to smart phones, social media, and a few dynamics regarding how children have been raised over the last 20 years, which is very different from in the past, as well as explaining how colleges & universities in the 80s & 90s went from Moderately liberal to far left and woke. All of it is very easily explained in his book but you can see him on YouTube explaining it including him on politically incorrect with Bill Maher.

It also has to do with the political and intellectual elite that control Hollywood and the media and academia buying into postmodernism. All of this is very brand new and very different from anything in our past. And the only reason it’s being allowed to happen is because we are now controlled by big tech and a media that is 100% sold out to the far left. Trump is correct. The media is the enemy of the people and if the founding fathers saw what the media in this country is today The media would not have complete immunity and protection under the first amendment.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Nov 24, 2020, 1:35 PM

So it's been the liberals who've attempted to boycott things like the NFL and NBA and going on about how they hope they go out of business? Acting as if it isn't a basic response from people on both sides to want someone fired or a business to have to close over something they don't like is a bit naive.

Nov 24, 2020, 1:47 PM

You are comparing apples and oranges.

What NFL and NBA players are doing is acting like activist while they’re working. Everybody has the right to free speech and be politically active. But no one has the right to protest and be a political activist while they’re on the job. When you put on that uniform and you step on the football field are you step on the basketball court you are at work just as much as somebody driving a Fed ex truck or working at McDonald’s. . FedEx and McDonald’s would tell people NO in a skinny minute. The NFL even has rules about altering your uniform and gives people fines. But because these players are black millionaires and because they’re being supported by the media especially social media they’re getting away with it.

The people boycotting are not saying any player should be fired. They’re saying fine if you wanna protest protest. I will counter protest by boycotting. That’s America.

What’s not America is when a tiny tiny tiny sliver of the population on Twitter Can get you fired and ruin your life and ruin your career. That is an anti-American and has never existed until five minutes ago. That is not the same thing as white middle-class people protesting black millionaires for being idiots. And to even conflate those two shows your bias and frankly stupidity! You are a far left useful idiot per Vladimir Lenin!

Nov 24, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Swofford & the Cancel Culture are of the ilk... ]

I disagree. 1. Most twitter handles are bots, and bots dont have a gender really. Lol.

The Newt/post Newt conservatives that pushed out the moderate republicans (ie the RINOs). The whole win by losing (ie being dysfunctional/obstructionist) pushed a LOT of moderates out of the group. While the Dems have moved left, they have not moved as much as the Rep have moved right. A lot of the Universities, media, industry has been moderately conservative as a whole prior to 1990. Since the RINO purge (and the disappearance of the Blue dogs). The right has been much more aggressive in pursuit of purity and thus it is no wonder why a lot of institutions appear more left leaning. If you are already tilted far right, everything is far left. On the other hand, yes these groups have moved lieft, just not as far as you might think. Mostly this shift is that the Dems actually still court (at least on appearance) the "moderates".

FYI, postmodernism really does not have a political party bend.

And on the founding father angle on the 1st, then the same logic could extend to the second. The federalist papers would have been interesting. However, I think that freedom of speech would likely be maintained.

Interesting viewpoint, your perspective is difficult to pigeonhole?***

Nov 24, 2020, 2:00 PM

Nov 24, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Swofford & the Cancel Culture are of the ilk... ]

Everything you wrote is factually incorrect.

1. My comments about Twitter came from pew research. We’re not talking about bots or Twitter accounts held by businesses etc. etc. We’re talking about Twitter accounts held by individuals. Google pew research Twitter and read the study.

2. Postmodernism Is absolutely political but that’s beside the point and it shows just how ignorant you are. It’s the left that is basing everything they believe today on postmodernism. If you don’t understand that I can’t help you for being ignorant. Get on YouTube and Google Brett Weinstein, Eric Weinstein, Sam Harris, Jonathan Haidt, James Lindsey, Peter Boghossian, John McWhorter, and other well-known and respected liberal academics & thought leaders that are mostly self professed progressives but at the same time understand the insanity of postmodernism, of woke-ism, and all the things that are going on right now, cancel culture, etc. etc. This is not Fox News. This is not the republican party. These are liberal lifelong Democrats in academia. Get on YouTube and they will explain to you clearly how wrong and miss guided you are.

3. And you are flat out insane if you think the right has moved more to the right. The right is as close to the center right than any time since 2000 election. The DNC has moved further left than the median liberal party in Europe. The popular liberal meme that Ronald Reagan couldn’t run as a Republican today is patently false. Per the New York Times ...

4. How old are you? Your username is future doctor. And you sound like a millennial. A typical brainwashed millennial quoting the standard talking points. Otherwise you would know that everything you’re saying is completely wrong but you’re not old enough to have lived in a reality other than what you have been raised in which Is exactly what Jonathan Haidt’s book talks about.

Postmodernism and the far left and how we got here ....

You give me biased brainwashed talking points.

I give you FACTS from long time respected liberal academics.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=james+lindset+postmodernism

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jonathan+haidt+postmodernism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih4avuHRUUc

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brett+weinstein+postmodernism

Nov 24, 2020, 3:54 PM

tread carefully.... I am pictured in my avatar pic. Three stripes from Clemson with a very specific specialization in media/policy/engineering fields... and generational-value research. I spent 12 years working in higher ed. I no longer do because I wanted something else. I know the issues as much as anyone.

Please continue on how "youtube" can inform me about "postmoderism" lol. No one has ever said, "check out you tube" other than for a "research subject" for academic information. You want to talk about a small % producing the content.... shesh.

Oh the irony of assessing my "background" and thus predicting my "thought" as determining my values or experiences. THAT IS POSTMODERN THINKING!

My dissertation advisor is libertarian, I am a libertarian and even post-doctoral work was involving public-private partnerships a decade ago (I know, the irony) with more bowties than one would expect for a "very academic". Not all are "bicycle enthusiasts" My academic work has very much focused on "bad" federal policy critiques. That being said, taking a post-modern school such as social construction - which very much was leftist in origin, can be 110% taken with those in more classical thinking. For them, the struggle is within different power/information channels fighting for supremacy. Apply that social construction argument to policy development and media and you have a valuable tool (because these schools are frameworks-therefore tools or lenses) to identity patterns of "truth". Thus in the context of "twitter" or really "social media" you have multiple discourse channels all fighting for legitimacy or power. From the random 13yp troll to a 74 yo troll.

And since you are so focused on social construction (ie a mass of "minorities" taking a large amount of digital space) then you should at least read (not youtube google) a leading social constructionist text about how "labels" focus policy decisions.

My recommendation is "Entitled and Deserving" Ed. Helen Ingram - I don't know her "politics" -don't care but I respect her work.
https://www.amazon.com/Deserving-Entitled-Social-Constructions-Public/dp/0791463427

RINO purge short lived...

Nov 24, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Swofford & the Cancel Culture are of the ilk... ]

GOP is an infestation of RINO's. Political stance of mod Repubs is slightly to the left of what typical Democrat's was 30-35 yrs ago. Trump exposed the Republicans as empty suits, publically placating their electorate, privately conspiring w/ Democrats. Both parties serve the same boss, not the legal citizens of the US, not in this century, not for a long time. Nationalism is dead globally, save for Russia, the Liberal banking financiers are the planet's puppet masters. The liberal banking financiers & their unsustainable model began and now orchestrate this massive push toward globalism.

If u don't know that by now; then u will never never never.. .

Nov 24, 2020, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Swofford & the Cancel Culture are of the ilk... ]

I can explain it to you; but I cannot understand it for you-borrowed quotes, but relative to your (state of denial)

Swofford & the Cancel Culture are of the ilk...

Nov 24, 2020, 11:04 AM

.the morally corrupt, the brainless human parrots, & the programmed zombies>all share same POS bloodline, share in their love of the 4th Stooge-JoRo Biden; and a misguided, irrational hatred for President Trump

Re: Cancel culture is coming for Dabo. Good luck w that.

Nov 24, 2020, 11:49 AM

He's this generation's Bobby Bowden.

Christian, integrity, character, lives his faith not just talks it.

Extremely successful in his career.

The world loves to attack folks like that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 1:25 PM

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think anyone goes after Dabo for any of those reasons. If anything, Dabo sometimes draws attention like this because he's one of the few coaches that doesn't go to his press conferences and simply gives boring coach speak answers to every single question. Dabo is going to answer a question exactly the way he feels, and not simply give the safe answer that most coaches give.

Had he answered this situation the way most coaches would with something along the lines of "we're disappointed we didn't get to play. Our guys were ready to play, and we felt it was still safe to play the game as we've followed all of the proper safety protocols. However, we respect the decision made by FSU as they made a decision they felt was best for the safety of their players. Hopefully we'll be able to make up this game as we have a great amount of respect for FSU and look forward to playing them every year." then nobody takes a second look.

However, with Dabo he's going to tell you exactly the way he feels. I respect the hell out of Dabo for that, so I have no problem with it. Unfortunately, that level of honesty opens you up for people to take issue. That's especially true in this day and age where everyone simply reads the headlines and forms their opinions based on those instead of reading or listening to the entire story.

Nov 24, 2020, 1:42 PM

You are mostly right but here’s where you are wrong. Today it’s not about Coach speak. Today it’s about coach speak that is also wrapped in extreme political correctness. Actually, for the people at ESPN and other extremely far left media, it’s about white fragility and critical race theory. Critical race theory in a nutshell advocates that they are only two types of people: racists & activists.

If you are a middle class white/blue collar person even college-educated, especially A white Christian of European descent, that is not politically active and spends 100% of your time focused on your job and being a good parent and being a good person, you are still considered a racist according to critical race theory. Because unless you are actively engaged in anti-racist activism you are a racist.

Therefore the only way to please the people on the far left in the media which is ESPN, USA today, sports illustrated, etc. etc. you not only have to be politically correct but also woke!

Psychological state of Denial****

Nov 24, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Cancel culture is coming for Dabo. Good luck w that. ]

Do you mean Swofford? Swofford added a third year of

Nov 24, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Cancel culture is coming for Dabo. Good luck w that. ]

football probation on Clemson in 1984, the NCAA gave us two years, Swofford added a third year.

He has got to be in his 80's. He is all about UNC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They arrived several years ago.***

Nov 24, 2020, 11:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

True!***

Nov 24, 2020, 12:23 PM

Nov 24, 2020, 1:57 PM

Dabo stand up to them and it pisses them off.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic