Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun Watson expecting uncomfortable conversations at camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Jul 22, 2020, 4:55 PM

https://sports.yahoo.com/deshaun-watson-expecting-uncomfortable-conversations-212339350.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2c592996c7a9ac88958f80f5000d5d62">

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun Watson expecting uncomfortable conversations at camp

Jul 22, 2020, 5:06 PM

and from that uncomfortable place will come growth. And growth is what we all need!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 5:26 PM

We need to toughen up and act more like dogs. Maybe this guy can address the nation with this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChnZTJicw

Jul 22, 2020, 5:57 PM

That was one of those things that sounds awesome in your head and very inspiring. But when you tell it out loud, you sound like a crazy person.

Jul 22, 2020, 6:05 PM

Yeah he thought he knocked it out of the park. It probably worked better when he said it at home. Pretty funny.

Jul 22, 2020, 6:18 PM

The white players will kneel during the natl anthem to show their support & team morale and to maintain their connection with black teammates and their popularity. No decent Americans want cops to indiscriminately kill and jerk around black Americans. Whites on the team can express that feeling. Some of the interactions will be heartfelt and some will be purely for show and keeping the peace. Conversations will come easy for most ... ask yourself if Watson hates Renfrow or visa versa? Obviously no. How hard will those conversations be?

I played on primarily black teams as a kid in the 1970's - I had a lot of friends, and also had a few teammates who tried to hurt me for being white. Times have changed and these pro and college players aren't kids, they've been jocks and teammates most of their lives, and they will be able to deal and then focus on playing. The teams and team leaders focused on social justice, and not football and game plans will get their a$$es whipped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 7:17 PM

No decent American wants police to be killed because some idiot can follow directions...ALL LIVES MATTER

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What directions can you follow when a man is kneeling on your neck?

Jul 23, 2020, 8:59 AM

Get up and get in the car. I’m sorry officer but I can’t because you have your knee on my carotid artery.

Ok let’s try this then. Put your hands up. I’m sorry officer but I can’t because I’m handcuffed with my hands behind my back. And as we have discussed previously your knee is on my carotid artery.

Ok then stop talking. Ok I just did can’t speak now because I’m unconscious yet your knee is still on my carotid artery. If you’ve noticed my body is limp now.

Jul 23, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun Watson expecting uncomfortable conversations at camp ]

No idiot police officer should be putting his knee on any persons neck.

i expect kneeling now

Jul 22, 2020, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Deshaun Watson expecting uncomfortable conversations at camp ]

i am shocked when people stand..kneeling means nothing anymore now that everyone does it..its now more controversial to stand..see drew brees

Re: i expect kneeling now

Jul 22, 2020, 10:27 PM

i kneel to no one but the lord why god.......................................

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i expect kneeling now

Jul 23, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to i expect kneeling now ]

No it isn't, people that want to stand do, those that kneel have the right too do that as well.

Just want to pick that scab don't you?

Jul 22, 2020, 6:54 PM

Got to keep bleeding and not healing. Maybe you ought to listen to this woman Deshaun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6ALv1Yx1Y&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0y8eZD8sIxEdazx0DMedyTbhOekBz3gYIONfVclxf7P6Q_CKBsDSCfjRc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just want to pick that scab don't you?

Jul 22, 2020, 8:37 PM

She’s an idiot

Jul 22, 2020, 9:12 PM

No she's not i guess the truth hurts

Jul 23, 2020, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Just want to pick that scab don't you? ]

Some people are always wanting to hear the truth until they hear it, but then they will deny it bc it wasn't what they wanted to hear!!! IMO, what she is saying I believe to be as close to facts as it can be!!!! And she isn't the first or only black person that I've heard say very close to the same exact thing. A good Education + Success usually don't see color. Gen. Colin L. Powell said something along those same lines about race back when he was in still in the military!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Just want to pick that scab don't you? ]

This lady gets it. Amen to her.

Jul 22, 2020, 9:12 PM

Im sure it will be uncomfortable for some. Just imagine that a bunch of white players sat down the black players and told them most of the problems in the black community could be avoided if they would stop having kids out of wedlock, stopped murdering each other, stayed off of drugs and graduated high school. All of these are strong predictors of poverty BTW. Good thing white players are only allowed to sit there and be told they are what ails all of society, and specially the black community. Uncomfortable conversations are only allowed to be had with certain groups of people these days since certain other groups are incapable of hearing anything they don't want to hear without acting like emotionally deranged children.

Jul 23, 2020, 1:15 AM

The truth has it's way of hurting when it hits home, and many others feel the exact same. That is when the truth can leave a bitter taste in the mouths of the ones that just don't want to hear it if it don't fit their agenda!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun Watson expecting uncomfortable conversations at camp ]

Maybe those white players should talk about whites killing whites, or white kids born out of wedlock, or the high number of poor whites in this nation. Police brutality has nothing to do with how much money or education you have, they do not treat everyone the same, not all of them but some. These athletes have realized the power they have and are using their platform and it's starting to show promise, some people are taking a second look at what they think and feel. This is a movement now, it ain't going anywhere either.

aka agree and obey me or its uncomfortable***

Jul 22, 2020, 10:11 PM

Ah, gtf over yourself***

Jul 22, 2020, 10:17 PM

you gtf over yourself

Jul 22, 2020, 10:20 PM

its not about conversation its about obey or else ...see drew brees

Boo effing who. Protest racial equality all you want***

Jul 22, 2020, 10:24 PM

Re: you gtf over yourself

Jul 22, 2020, 10:39 PM [ in reply to you gtf over yourself ]

#### dro are you human are you looking for a fight either way were here .......boo,

You’ll have to

Jul 23, 2020, 3:52 AM

Get used to that one and a few others. They can’t present well thought out positions and resort to stereotyping, generalizations, and name calling.

Re: aka agree and obey me or its uncomfortable***

Jul 22, 2020, 10:26 PM [ in reply to aka agree and obey me or its uncomfortable*** ]

you don't have to obey..$hit just be human........#### how hard is that

Re: aka agree and obey me or its uncomfortable***

Jul 22, 2020, 10:53 PM [ in reply to aka agree and obey me or its uncomfortable*** ]

No one is wanting a fight just follow the same rules as everyone else ,,,if not hold on to your hat because we don't cowtail very good around here............

He's right, everybody's going to be pizzed that Nuk's gone!***

Jul 23, 2020, 6:37 AM

Re: He's right, everybody's going to be pizzed that Nuk's gone!***

Jul 23, 2020, 8:37 AM

This should be the top subject in camp.

How BO'B is slowly destroying a team with promise. Watson will take another slobberknockering this season because he's lost a weapon and the line still sucks.

I hope DW also learns things from the conversations

Jul 23, 2020, 8:36 AM

Such as
Standing for the National Anthem means different things to different people. It does not mean that they are against your general cause.
That saying all lives matter is not derogatory.
Not agreeing with BLM is not a bad thing. You can pick and choose.
That most people do not understand why riots, looting, burning are accepted.
That if BLM - then why are people not rioting, protesting, looting, burning - Chicago, NY, etc where many more blacks are being murdered - including children.
That tearing down of statues, etc - to most is a crime and should simply be discussed rather than erased.
That most people think defunding the police is a bad idea.
That you choose political affiliations based on more than who is in the office. Aka, conservative values, good financial trade deals, illegal immigration, less government, holding people accountable.
That most white people like every single category are welcoming.
That most support their black friends, but not BLM entire manifesto, same as I support my white friends, but not the kkk.

The line drawn by the articles I read are too exact. The thought you are either for or against. Almost nothing is ever that clear.
The best lives are enriched when you have different, views, races, political parties, etc with open minds and understanding. To demand that it is only his/their way is falling in line with the education system where it has become so liberal leaning that college grads are being pushed into snowflakes. Wanting to be given everything, work for nothing, believe in nothing, limited core values.

My opinion anyway.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 8:52 AM

Football is entertainment. Frankly, I'd like to see it go away for about 5 or 10 years to put these fother muckers in their place. They are not needed in society - they contribute to nothing of substance. Many of them are good people. Many of them have a warped sense of entitlement and are $hit. The good people will find a path around football.

The way things are headed with Biden and progressives, the economy will continue in a downfall and sports will be left with 1/3 the audience they had. Don't think they can survive.

Jul 23, 2020, 9:00 AM

I agree NC Tiger. I love sports. I played in college and coached in college. But I’m sick of the disrespect from some of these entitled brats.

Jul 23, 2020, 12:44 PM

What is really weird about kids playing sports, how did playing sports make them so wise over people that has way more life experience that has worked with, played with, fought with, and had relationships with PEOPLE of all races all their 40, 50, 60 years of life. I mean when ever DW4 or any other college or pro athlete shares their opinion, what they do for a living, or how much money they have now don't make them right. Their opinions mean no more that yours or mine, and with life experience, theirs mean even less bc they haven't lived long enough to see or experience what someone 10 years older than them have, just saying that, playing sport don't accelerate wisdom and life experience!!!

Jul 23, 2020, 1:24 PM

You are correct. They have been worshipped and told they were special since they were kids. Some of them them think that means have have advanced life skills at age 25 other than just putting a ball in the end zone or in a basket. Also, many in our society equate money with personal value so egos grow along with bank accounts.

Jul 23, 2020, 9:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Is he assuming some people think the GF murder is ok?

Jul 23, 2020, 12:37 PM

Not sure there is anyone in the NFL locker rooms that think it's justifiable. That part should not be uncomfortable.

However, if they go a step further...

Re: Is he assuming some people think the GF murder is ok?

Jul 23, 2020, 1:20 PM

I won't go back 50 years, in fact, I'll use just today, what justifies any murders that has happened since we've been awake today, nothing justifies murder regardless of who is doing the killing bc our laws clearly state what murder is.

What happen to GF was awful, and I do believe the goodness in the general population just in America, we wish we could change what happen to GF but we can't. As a society, we need to do what we can with the rule of when a law breaker is in custody, and how much force is actually necessary to obtain custody.

IMO, and the opinion of the bystanders watching GF being arrested, he was in custody the very second his hands were restrained behind his back, and all law enforcement Force should have ended that second, and GF placed in a cop car with the A/C running until all statements were gathered to assure his arrest should continue to the booking room at the police station.

We clearly saw that did not happen, his breath was pushed out of him until he was dead, and everyone that saw the brutality, and done nothing to stop it, they all should be punished the same as the cop that suffocated George Floyd. There were black cops there that is just as guilty as the white cop that was pushing the air out of GF's harmless body, and they done absolutely nothing NOTHING to prevent GF death. Every cop there was responsible for George Floyds death. Now they all should be punished the same under the hand of one is the hand of all involved LAW!!!

It will happen again, and every time that it does, the people need to make sure that the cops that are involved are punished under the very same laws that everybody is punished by, and no different. It won't stop cases like that from happening, but it will slow it drastically!!!

Easy, I agree, as does 99% of Americans agree

Jul 23, 2020, 3:14 PM

it was terrible and a tragedy.

My point was, how was the conversation going to be uncomfortable about that?

It will be uncomfortable if riots are defended and defunding of the police is discussed. That's where most Americans differ.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic