Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There will be serious opiates in Fields' system
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

There will be serious opiates in Fields' system

Jan 9, 2021, 5:11 PM

Monday night (if the COVID doesn't save him a bit). If you've ever had broken ribs, you know how painful it is. Throwing a football and being tackled are beyond awful. Getting out of bed, sneezing or coughing are near impossible. The 'neurovascular bundle'(artery, vein and NERVE) runs independently in the groove under each rib. So, everytime you breath, cough, sneeze or move, you have a sharp broken or cracked rib directly impacting a nerve!! We're talking serious pain.

He won't last the entire game, no way, IF he even starts! Bama in a romp.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There will be serious opiates in Fields' system

Jan 9, 2021, 5:16 PM

That's the only thing I have agreed with you on. I broke my ribs a couple years back and it's hard to even stand up after sitting down. It's brutal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 11:58 PM

they do not let guys on the field with opiates in their system, nor would you want to because they affect motor skills and depress your central nervous system. And if he were a doctor like he claims he would know the difference between opiates and opioids. One is Heroin and morphine, the others are the synthetics that doctors prescribe.

and I have broken my ribs several times, sucks for about 5 days, after 10 days your pain is very manageable. He will probably get local anesthetics and that is it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 6:22 AM

I was in misery for 2-3 weeks and mine took about 9 weeks to get back to pretty much normal. I have broken a few other bones in my life. My ribs were the worst. No chance I could have played any competitive sports after 2 weeks. It was misery.

I guess it depends on how severe.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:33 AM

we will find out, but he will not be on opiates. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted in here.

Jan 9, 2021, 6:51 PM

In my life time, I have had broken, or fractured Ribs a few times, and for me the pain was just as bad with broken, or fractured. Every move, every deep breath caused excruciating pain, and opiate pain killers do help out with that type of pain, but, I just don't think they will help enough when trying to escape a 300 plus lb lineman, or a 275 lb L-backer charging at him, at full speed, or, just simply running around, and throwing a FB. Just one hit even close to the injured Rib/Ribs could cause blacking out type of Pain. If Justin has broken, or fractured Ribs, I just don't think he will be playing FB, and if he does, he has balls of steel, and would probably deserve a win IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 11:02 PM

Based on past experience with Saban’s D , they will be trying to lay a hurtin’ on him .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: There will be serious opiates in Fields' system ]

He won’t be feeling his balls much less his ribs with everything he’s gonna be injected with!!!! I don’t think he’s gonna make it through the entire game. Sure Bama’s D gave up a lot of points and yards this year but they still hit hard.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 7:04 PM

If Bama cheap-shots him the way they did DW4, Fields will be one hurting Buckaroo.

Jan 9, 2021, 7:11 PM

LOL at the “If.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^^^Misspelled "when"...LOL^^^^^***

Jan 9, 2021, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: There will be serious opiates in Fields' system ]

Re: ^^^^^Misspelled "when"...LOL^^^^^***

Jan 9, 2021, 11:11 PM

Yes, and you did a terrible job focusing on your squirrel's Nuts ;)

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Jan 10, 2021, 8:27 PM

Squirrrel's nuts.....

Jan 11, 2021, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^^^Misspelled "when"...LOL^^^^^*** ]

I try.

If I "focus" on them too much, they get puffy and swolen...

Jan 9, 2021, 10:42 PM

Coach Day was crystal clear on this.......”doesn’t matter, he has to play”.

I’ll be amazed if Fields finishes the game.

I broke a couple of ribs. My wife and kids

Jan 9, 2021, 10:47 PM

would purposefully try to make me laugh.

Re: I broke a couple of ribs. My wife and kids

Jan 9, 2021, 11:14 PM

If that's so, they don't care about causing you pain!!! I think that I would reevaluate what the wife was teaching the kids while you're not around ;)!!!

^^^ No dysfunction in that family...

Jan 10, 2021, 10:09 PM [ in reply to I broke a couple of ribs. My wife and kids ]

:)

Or any more than normal.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 11:47 PM

Playing him with broken ribs borders on gross malfeasance. I've had broken ribs and it took two weeks for me to be able to finally sleep at night without pain. For the first week I had to sleep sitting up. Playing Fields with broken ribs, if they are indeed broken, tells me all I need to know about Day.

For someone who claims to be a physician, you have no clue

Jan 9, 2021, 11:50 PM

what you are talking about.

they get local Corticosteroids after an injury on the field, trainers are prohibited from dispensing anything that is not over the counter., A player can seek opioids for an injury from an outside doctor, but would not be eligible to play, nor would you want your QB on dope in the national title game you lying goof.

http://tigernet2.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=26997688#26997688

Re: For someone who claims to be a physician, you have no clue

Jan 10, 2021, 9:56 PM

they get local Corticosteroids after an injury on the field, trainers are prohibited from dispensing anything that is not over the counter., A player can seek opioids for an injury from an outside doctor, but would not be eligible to play, nor would you want your QB on dope in the national title game you lying goof.

I imagine he received a Toradol injection and will get another when he plays Bama...

Toradol is a strong non steroidal NSAID ...
But most definitely not an over the counter medication....

It’ll be administered and probably was administered by a team doctor ...not just a trainer...

It’s gotten something of a bad reputation in the NFL for masking pain and possibly opening the door for further or worse injury...

I am most definitely not a doctor ...,but I’ve seen Toradol alluded to in some articles on Fields .., and Fields himself seemed to allude to receiving a shot ...

Re: For someone who claims to be a physician, you have no clue

Jan 10, 2021, 9:56 PM [ in reply to For someone who claims to be a physician, you have no clue ]

I imagine he received a Toradol injection and will get another when he plays Bama...

Toradol is a strong non steroidal NSAID ...
But most definitely not an over the counter medication....

It’ll be administered and probably was administered by a team doctor ...not just a trainer...

It’s gotten something of a bad reputation in the NFL for masking pain and possibly opening the door for further or worse injury...

I am most definitely not a doctor ...,but I’ve seen Toradol alluded to in some articles on Fields .., and Fields himself seemed to allude to receiving a shot ...

Jan 10, 2021, 5:36 AM

Tnetters: need to be more careful. Too many broken ribs on this bored.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 4:44 PM

Crybaby post. No broken ribs - send link for evidence.

Jan 11, 2021, 7:12 PM

I told you Miura knows what he’s talking about. Just kidding.

Sneezing with a broken rib does hurt, throwing a football with a broken rib does hurt, I’ve done both.

If he doesn’t get hit in that spot, he can play through it. No problem. If he takes a direct hit that’s hard, there’s no telling what happens.

Roll Tide!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic