Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gin anyone?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 488

Gin anyone?

Dec 1, 2020, 9:18 AM

When I stopped drinking I was on a 10 yr Gin run. I had switch from bourbon to gin. Brokers gin was my favorite but also liked Beefeater, Bombay, Tanqueray and others. I was drinking a poor man's martini (gin, water and ice). Gin and tonic is very hard to beat and a gin martini with a small onion called a Gibson (no olive) for me. I do miss the gin and tonic very much. Tonic plays well with gin for some reason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I'm a gin and tonic guy in the warm months.

Dec 1, 2020, 9:20 AM

Settled on a few gins I really like, and started playing around more with the various tonics that are out there. There's a whole new world when you get outside the Canada Dry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Canada Dry, yech...never!***

Dec 1, 2020, 9:21 AM

I'm sure you've tried Fever Tree.

Dec 1, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Yep, I'm a gin and tonic guy in the warm months. ]

Pretty interesting story--guy used to (try to) create and distill the best possible gin, and then it dawned on him that 75% of a gin and tonic was the second part. So he recalibrated and worked on creating the best possible tonic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah....good stuff!***

Dec 1, 2020, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed. G&T in summer months.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Yep, I'm a gin and tonic guy in the warm months. ]

The fever tree offerings of tonic are fun as are some of the craft brews. I usually stick to Tanq Ten for its medicinal properties

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I go back to hendricks/tonic every once in a while

Dec 1, 2020, 9:20 AM

when other things get too ordinary...

It's cold gin time again***

Dec 1, 2020, 9:27 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Gin anyone?

Dec 1, 2020, 9:37 AM

Ryan Reynolds recently sold his gin company for 610 million. I am too jealous to drink gin anymore.

you should start drinking again

Dec 1, 2020, 9:38 AM

do it.

Re: you should start drinking again

Dec 1, 2020, 9:41 AM

I would rather live than drink I guess.

Dec 1, 2020, 9:41 AM

Its a close call tho.

tell us about when you hit rock bottom

Dec 1, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: you should start drinking again ]

I love stories of despair and self destruction.

Please please!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tell us about when you hit rock bottom

Dec 1, 2020, 3:22 PM

It got to a point that Gin or any kind of alcohol was not giving me a buzz any more. When I stopped I was drinking a 5th a night. I have always been a mean drunk and wife was not a happy camper. I knew that I could not drink like that for long so I quite. I had quite for some time and someone said you should just drink a glass of red wine a night. I tried that but the glass ended up being the whole bottle and not a small bottle. I do miss drinking tho so drink up for me.

Dec 1, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to you should start drinking again ]

I need you to be my life coach. Life would be so much easier.

Brokers, yes! Very good for the money. At the start of COVID

Dec 1, 2020, 11:27 AM

APM was G&Ting on the deck pretty often. I like G&Ts any time, but more so in the warm or getting warm months. It's Scotch season now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes, when I am rolling down the street smoking indo,

Dec 1, 2020, 12:16 PM

I sip on gin and juice, usually laid back with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

I think that is from a guy named Trey in a band called Fish.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Botanist

Dec 1, 2020, 7:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Botanist

Dec 1, 2020, 7:31 PM

Very good gin.

Replies: 18
| visibility 488
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic