Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good grief! When are you people going to realize that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Good grief! When are you people going to realize that

Jan 1, 2021, 11:36 PM

Football is about talent levels at each position? This front seven and secondary is not equal to 2017-2018 secondary and front seven. Ben Boulwarehad better instincts than Jamie Skalski, Isaiah Simmons is greater than mike Jones Jr, Austin Bryant, Christian Wilkins, Shaq Lawson, Dexter Lawrence , Clellin Ferrell is more developed than Brian Breesee, Myles Murphy and Xavier Thomas. AJ Terrell. Trayvon Mullen,and Tanner Muse is way better than Nolan Turner, ferritin Kendrick and Mario Goodrich.

Of these two comparisons , half of the guys you are comparing this years team to is now playing in the NFL! The difference is the talent levels and developmental progression and not coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good grief! When are you people going to realize that

Jan 1, 2021, 11:40 PM

You got this right. BV been working miracles with freshman and fill ins.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 11:50 PM

Not necessarily fill ins either. Brian Breesee, Myles Murphy among others certainly have the potential to be the greatest players in Clemson history. We have just been spoiled by watching 1st rounders for the NFL on our defense the last several years play on the same team at the same time!

Jan 2, 2021, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Good grief! When are you people going to realize that ]

Playing in the ACC does not show all those weaknesses? How else do we win all those games?

Jan 2, 2021, 12:05 AM

You act like it is only ACC opponents we have beaten. Why are you so quick to forget the out of conference teams we have beaten the last several years? Heyll, we have won more SEC games than the coots have!

Jan 2, 2021, 12:19 AM

And we don't play Vandy and Mizzou!

Jan 1, 2021, 11:47 PM

Nailed it!!!! I actually give this years coaching an A+ with what they had to work with. I mean our best WR was Amari Rogers. I couldn’t imagine is A. Scott was our best WR in 2016. We had little WR talent this year. There’s a reason we were so dominant in 2018. Looks at what we had. That 2018 team would do worse to us tonight. I trust Dabos coaching choices.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 11:56 PM

Well said. Doesn’t mean we want be back but we’ve been blessed with some great players.

Jan 1, 2021, 11:58 PM

All good points made...

But “coaching” transitions into development and recruiting. Skalski, Jones, Kendrick, and Tuner all have 3+ years in this system to develop. What’s behind them? Jake Venables? Sanders?

We’ve got nothing coming on roster on the OL or secondary Thats worth a crap...Caldwell and reed need to make other plans.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 2, 2021, 12:11 AM

Like I said, it is about true natural talent, and development. Hunter Renfrow #13= Natural Talent- Spector= potential, less natural talent and needs development.

Some guys are true natural talents (not rated by stars) and some guys are true 5 stars. We just happened to not have the right mixture of both on the field the last couple of years like previous years .

Jan 2, 2021, 12:00 AM

Good post, and accurate, so I imagine you'll get flamed. I'm disappointed, but I think the expectations were way too high. I think the play calling could have been better, as we seem to avoid throwing to the middle of the field, tight ends. If there is one area that I think we have underachieved for a while is O=line

Jan 2, 2021, 12:04 AM

Just the OL?

We are awful at LB and the secondary....WRs leave a lot to be desired. Ladson and Ngata can’t sneeze without getting hurt. RB is thin with ETN gone... we’ve got a ton of question marks next season to the point where I’m not seeing why DJU doesn’t consider transferring.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 2, 2021, 12:09 AM

Thats weak sauce jsebe. But we all feel your pain. Even Bill Clinton does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Good grief! When are you people going to realize that ]

If you believe that then maybe you should look for another team to pull For. A lot of teams around the country would cheat and lie just to have the returning talent and recruits Clemson will have next year. Don’t fool yourself.

Venables has started what 25+ different people? The same

Jan 2, 2021, 12:07 AM

starting lineup has never been on the field twice, ever, right, this season?

You need a million points for this amount of fan clarity so soon after a loss like this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:35 AM

Well said.

100% with OP.

Not excuses, just honest recognition. It’s a miracle what the coaches did last year. Look at last years DLine.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic