Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 422

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Nov 26, 2020, 2:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESvlchv0zGY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey bud! Back at you

Nov 26, 2020, 3:02 PM

How’s things shakin’

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Hey bud! Back at you

Nov 26, 2020, 3:05 PM

Fair to middlin'. I'm still in 'old fat man with 12+ heart attacks, two open hearts and high BP,' quarantine.

I can still do a good days work but it takes me about 10 to do it now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told them you were still alive. But they didn’t believe me.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:27 PM

Thanks for show it up old man. Love ya!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to make us think you died***

Nov 26, 2020, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You too. Point of order....a kindness if you will.....

Nov 26, 2020, 7:51 PM

If one of the most prolific, unhealthy, high-risk and beloved (even begrudgingly by some) posters wishes to drop off the face of the Internet for a couple months, might said poster leave a “taking a break, see you in a while” type post before departing?

We’re still a little shell-shocked by Geech. You old farts can’t go pulling that walkabout sh## at the drop of a hat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't handle the truth.

Nov 27, 2020, 12:20 PM

But I'm going to tell you the truth anyway. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

When God laid it on my heart to withdraw from Tnet He did it in no uncertain terms. I'm a spiritual adult being born again in Feb of 1971. With me He is sometimes quite firm.

I can tell you why too. I was not behaving as a reflection of His love for our brothers in the P&R forum. I was beginning to respond to the insult, ridicule and just plain ugly attitude of people on both sides of the arguments with insults, personal attack and ridicule. That was my fault, not theirs.

He did it to save me from going down a dark road to a place I do not want to be. That's a place evil will take you quicker than you want to go and keep you longer than you want to stay and make it harder than you ever thought possible to get out of.

It took me wrapped in God's Word for weeks to return to the joy of being so loved by God that it dominated my heart. I was on the verge of displacing God on the throne of my heart. I got to the point that I feared arguing with Him.

I value your reason. But I would offer this thought to consider...

Nov 27, 2020, 3:49 PM

The first and greatest commandment is that you shall love God with your whole heart, mind, and soul. But the second like it is, that you should love your neighbor as yourself.

Obed was simply relating the feelings that several share in this forum. We care about you. Few would be willing to say it, but they maybe even have some brotherly affection for you. I think you would agree that even you would ask your children to reach out to, at least, let you know that they were okay. Because you care about them. Maybe next time, you could show love to your TigerNet/Lounge neighbors, by simply typing up a quick post along the lines of, “I’m taking a break from Tnet.” Even if the decision was made and shared in the middle of the night, we could check your post history and then we would know... the old man is still alive and kicking. He’s just taking a break.

Love ya broseph.

Of course you can do whatever you need to do. That’s what I do when it comes to TigerNet. If I need to rant, I rant. If I need to walk away, I walk away. If I need to post a rebuttal because sometimes I like to rebutt things, well then I do it. That’s all that I was doing. Just rebutting.

Re: I value your reason. But I would offer this thought to consider...

Nov 27, 2020, 5:00 PM

I know that. I know Obed was scolding me for mistreating you, my friends. It really didn't take much for me to reveal why I left and why I couldn't post. I was told in no uncertain terms I had damaged my testimony by allowing my political position to be emotionally driven. I hereby take this all on me. No one else is to blame.

I sincerely apologize for putting myself in a position such that I was not allowed to be considerate of my friend. I consider it a great sin and promise the guilt will remind me how not to do it again.

I love you 7spots. I would buy you a beer anytime and when this project car is finish I will make that anytime and anywhere.

Obed, the 'You can't handle the truth,' thing was a joke. I apologize not being more serious while address the issue at hand.

Love you. Didn’t see the post or posts that made you reevaluate.

Nov 27, 2020, 5:20 PM

I can appreciate your decision even more now. I will say this, human imperfection is a real “son of a beach”. Unfortunately, it’s a trait that we are all born with. You’re a good man for recognizing your imperfection and trying to make things okay again. Keep on keeping on homie.

Go Tigers!

Happy Gobble Gobble Day

Nov 26, 2020, 10:47 PM

to you good sir!

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Nov 26, 2020, 11:10 PM

Happy thanks giving to you and welcome back.

Replies: 11
| visibility 422
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic