Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Holy cow.. I didnt know this..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,394

Holy cow.. I didnt know this..

Nov 20, 2018, 12:54 PM

So, from 1896 to 1959, we played all the games in this rivalry in Columbia, SC? they had home field advantage for 63 years and still we lead 69-42? wow... It's never a rivalry to begin with...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP..welcome to Clemson-SC football history!

Nov 20, 2018, 12:59 PM

As stated by some recently on TNet that were there at WillieB in 1959 for last BiG Thursday Fairground game (me as a freshman RAT) it was a great 27-0? win using two talented QB’s..

and why Coach Howard tipped his hat (find pic) to opposite stands b/4 heading into winning locker room to declare 1960 as the Clemson years!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YeP..welcome to Clemson-SC football history!

Nov 20, 2018, 1:31 PM

Bill, I really wish you would just type in complete sentences instead of this language you’ve created for yourself. Lol.

I’ll even let you get away with your mixed-capital letters, but man, it’s harder to read your posts than anyone else’s.

Re: Holy cow.. I didnt know this..

Nov 20, 2018, 1:03 PM

when you see what dump it is around there you can hardly call it a home field advantage

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 1:22 PM

make sure you put sunglasses on because the sun does get bright at times. Especially since you must have been living under a rock your whole life.

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 1:28 PM

I came into this country as a student to do my Masters at Clemson in 1999. so, I didn't know the history from 1896 to 1959.

Nov 20, 2018, 1:38 PM

sorry for the harsh reply. welcome to Clemson. sometimes people have a tenancy to get redundant around here. my fault.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 2:42 PM

No worries sir! Thanks for your kind post.

Nov 20, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Holy cow.. I didnt know this.. ]

Very cool.

We have a very similar situation versus Georgia Tech causing our record to be lopsided in the early years.

Nov 20, 2018, 1:38 PM

Clearly you are very young, but also must have lead a sheltered life not to know about BIG Thursday. It was a more universally observed Holiday in South Carolina than most major national holidays. Everything in the state was closed ... you would be hard pressed to find an open gas station or a place to buy a 6-pack of beer or Coke. I was a Rat in 1958, and we were required to guard the Thomas Clemson statue in front of Tillman 24 hrs/day for a week prior to the game to keep the SCar guys from painting it garnet and black. If we won the game, we were able to ditch the Rat Caps and let our hair grow back. Lose, and you kept the cap and the bald head until the Christmas break. Great memories!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 2:43 PM

Very cool. It sure sucked when we lost that 5 in a row. I hope we go on a 15 or 20 year run...

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,394
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic