Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Mar 24, 2020, 7:36 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: How do we apply these verses to this very day?

Mar 24, 2020, 7:38 AM

I’m still stuck in Genesis. Adam and Eve had two sons, where did everyone else come from? Oh yea, from monkeys.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 7:41 AM

I'm serious.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 24, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: How do we apply these verses to this very day? ]

I see it is a mystery to you. Study the bible and you will find your answer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 7:37 PM

Love a wanna be preacher on a message board. SMH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adam and Eve had...

Mar 24, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: How do we apply these verses to this very day? ]

more children

https://bible.org/question/was-world-populated-through-incest-or-did-god-create-others-besides-adam-and-eve

Read a little further and you'll learn about Seth

Apr 1, 2020, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: How do we apply these verses to this very day? ]

Then some daughters and other sons. Incest is OK until you get to Leviticus.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:59 AM

After the stock market crash and taking all my money, I should easily enter the kingdom of heaven now. I knew he had a plan that he would finally reveal to me.

Just kidding. I did not lose anything in the market as I was in cash for several months now. I have begun giving things away though. This post reminded me to do more of that. I even gave a tip at Pizza Hut at the drive-thru window as those people need money too. It is time for AMERICANS to come together and help those in need.

Verily, verily, I say unto you...

:)

Mar 24, 2020, 8:04 AM

Has God not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Mar 24, 2020, 8:16 AM

Jesus knew the "rich man's heart" These verses don't mean a rich man will not go to heaven, it matters what's in your heart. Jesus knew the rich man valued his stuff more than anything.

What brings it home is when disciples asked "Who then can be saved?" Then Jesus said "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

John 3:16 says "whoever"

Acts 16:31 "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved"

Verses 27-30 Jesus is giving the 12 disciples a glimpse of their eternal reward

At least this is what my SS teacher said. If you disagree, take it up with him.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:16 AM

Put them in 20th century English, so that they are understandable?

Thee thinkest that thy scriptures soundeth likest thou marsupials that clingeth and spakith in volumunious and cacophonous ways that mere mortals faileth to comprehendeth.....

Or as Daddy King would say: "Make it plain, son..."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 5:54 PM

What was originally quoted was Matthew 19:16-30. I have posted it below in the New American Standard Bible translation which may be a little easier to read.

How does it apply today? Same as any other day. We are to put aside anything that hinders us from being a true disciple of Jesus Christ. The Rich Young Ruler was, in his mind good, but could not put aside what he truly loved, his money. He was also looking for what he could do for eternal life, which is works righteousness. We can never be good enough or can never do enough to reach God's standard of righteousness. Salvation and eternal life has nothing to do with what we can do or how good we can be, it has everything to do with repentance and trusting in the life, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sin and the salvation from sin and the consequence of our sins.
Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

16 And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 20 The young man *said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22 But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.

23 And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 25 When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can be saved?” 26 And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

27 Then Peter said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?” 28 And Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last; and the last, first.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic