Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know that it could be Lawrence lost the heisman to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I know that it could be Lawrence lost the heisman to

Nov 30, 2020, 7:04 PM

Trask or Jones on the field. In my opinion, that is still debatable. What doesn't help, and just about buries Lawrence's chances, is the narative that Lawrence played last Saturday for the first time in 5 weeks. It's true and one way to state it, but he only missed two games! The five weeks bit is a stretch, literally. You have to include the last day he played and the first day he came back and played to reach the five week mark. Also, there was an open date and a cancelled game at FSU in the midst.

But why say he's missed two games, when you can say he hasn't played in five weeks. Naturally, that is what scrolled acrosse the bottom of the screen all day Saturday. "Lawrence played his first game in five weeks". Naturally, that is the line used in every story, even when pointing out that he didn't miss a beat.

When this season ends, he will have played in more games than Fields and as many as Trask and Jones. Abnd there will be no other qb with his overall record, currently 32-1, two national championship game starts, four playoff game starts, a 3-1 playoff record as a starter and one national championship win. That is all not including the fact that he may end op in the title game again this year. If its all about who has the best stats for the season, then why send out ballots? Just have the NCAA stat guru notify the Downtown Athletic Club of the best stats and name them the winner.

I understand that he may not have had the stats that Trask and Jones have had this year, but that line about hasn't played in five weeks is a killer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know that it could be Lawrence lost the heisman to

Nov 30, 2020, 7:09 PM

They will never say anything good about the kid unless it includes going to the Jets. We always hear he is the best player in CFB but not good enough for the Heisman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 7:15 PM

It is my personal opinion that Trevor will be evaluated fairly against the other contenders. I think that most of the voters know what the real story is and will consider his achievements. Most of the “talking heads” refer to Lawrence as the best player in college football. The voters hear this every week. A dynamic game against ND in the championship game likely will seal the deal!

Nov 30, 2020, 7:47 PM

Most voters cast their ballots on a regional or state basis. ET will "hurt" Lawrence because they will take votes away from each other. Jones may have a problem because he is virtually next door. Trask is also in the same region. That leaves Fields, the darling cast-off from Georgia and hero in Columbus. Fields just needs to play in the next 2 games against Mich St & Michigan

Heisman deadline to vote is Monday, Dec. 21. Most

Dec 1, 2020, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I know that it could be Lawrence lost the heisman to ]

voters will have voted long before then.

Dec 1, 2020, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I know that it could be Lawrence lost the heisman to ]

It is my personal opinion that Trevor will be evaluated fairly against the other contenders. I think that most of the voters know what the real story is and will consider his achievements. Most of the “talking heads” refer to Lawrence as the best player in college football. The voters hear this every week. A dynamic game against ND in the championship game likely will seal the deal!

I am right where you are with it. People forget how quick sports show host make people "GOATS or HEROES"! Trevor was the hero to start and didn't do anything but catch a virus to derail that. It's not like he had a 3 int game against the best team he has played or nothing(hehe)!

He played well this past Saturday and like another thread from TNET stated he has gained momentum again. Another strong performance this week and then against ND and I think Clemson gets it's first Heisman winner!

The trophy is "the most outstanding player on and off the field"! TL16 is that this year all day. He lead the college football charge by tweeting out: "we want to play"! From that everyone else around the country started following. Voters know that! He is also the player people want to see more - not that he only relies on his popularity! But, in this situation he is the best player and also is the most popular pick for "BEST PLAYER"!
In short, I agree with you. He is still very much in the hunt to me. In my mind all he has to do is keep making them remember!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's possible if he balls out and beats ND....

Nov 30, 2020, 8:07 PM

he can still win it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 6:53 PM

Only a coot would say Trask will play as many as Trevor. Do you really think FL is going to make the playoffs? No, I know you don’t. You are just trolling, as usual, at a 2nd grade level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 7:21 PM

In spite of the spin, I believe his performance sounds more amazing using 5 weeks than if they said two games. When will they ever learn, you can't keep a Clemson Tiger down!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic