Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I might have some stay-off-the-internet days
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

I might have some stay-off-the-internet days

Oct 21, 2020, 6:50 AM

in a couple of weeks. If we don't know who won the Presidential election on Election Night, and we have to wait for mail-in ballots to be processed and counted, there is going to be a lot of arguing on the internet. Worst case for internet sanity, and by logic very much in the realm of possibility: the Presidnet is shown winning several states on Election Night, and mail-in ballots swing it to the Vice President. The internet will be like the Hindenburg. Come to think of it, given that that would probably result in litigation and contesting, it will make for a rough November.

More than anything, I'm praying the results are clear, one way or the other, and will satisfy all but the fringes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other thing I'm praying for is for the Senate

Oct 21, 2020, 6:52 AM

to not have a majority of Democrats.

Re: The other thing I'm praying for is for the Senate

Oct 21, 2020, 6:58 AM

I think the Democrats take all 3 on November 4th.

Re: The other thing I'm praying for is for the Senate

Oct 21, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to The other thing I'm praying for is for the Senate ]

Prodigal,

I am hoping for a 50 - 50 tie. Then maybe they would be forced to seek common ground and compromise for the good of the country.

Harris could break the tie only in case Republicans absolutely refuse to work with the Democrats

Re: I might have some stay-off-the-internet days

Oct 21, 2020, 7:38 AM

Prod, even if it is decisive that night (I think it will be), you're still right: it will be ugly, mainly because Trump and his people have already set the stage for not accepting any result.

That hardliners here won't accept it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Oct 21, 2020, 8:18 AM

I doubt you'll see Trump supporters marching through the streets yelling #### Biden.

We 100 percent will.

Oct 21, 2020, 9:17 AM

Feel free to save this post and call me out if I'm wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Oct 21, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I might have some stay-off-the-internet days ]

Buddy,

I hope you are right, but I am worried that Cat will be.

Oct 21, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I might have some stay-off-the-internet days ]

Catahoula said:

.... it will be ugly, mainly because Trump and his people have already set the stage for not accepting any result.

That hardliners here won't accept it.

Apparently you have been in a coma for the last 4 years as the Democrats have been the ones marching in the streets, taking to the air waves, and refusing to acknowledge President Trump as the legitimate President.

If you want to know who is setting the stage for mass riots then look no further than the collection of deviants and miscreants who make up the Democratic Party's modern day Brownshirts. Antifa and their Marxist fellow travlers, who are already setting our cities on fire and have already threatened more violence if Trump is re-elected. They aren't just talking about it - they are doing it now as form of intimidation.

What about Hillary Clinton and her advice to Joe Biden to never concede - no matter what. What about the Soros funded never-Trumpers and Democrat operatives that make up the Transition Integrity Project (TIP) that met in August to wargame "potential outcomes of the 2020 election"? That group has done more to formalize a plan of not accepting election results than anyone because their starting premise is that the re-election of President Trump is an impossibility.

So please provide the information of where the Republicans have actually set the stage to have masses in the streets? Where is this Republican resistance movement? Who is organizing it and who is funding it?

Furthermore, why is it that the media only asks Trump if he will concede? Why aren't they asking Joe Biden the same question? The answer is they won't because the media that is asking these concession questions refuse to believe that there is any possibility that Trump can win the election. To them, just as the TIP, Trump winning is an impossibility and they want to hear Trump admit he will lose. Even with that being the case, during the recent NBC Town Hall with President Trump, during one of Savannah Guthrie's badgering exchanges President Trump stated:

"...Then they talk about 'Will you accept a peaceful transfer of power'? And my answer is 'Yes I will'. But I just want it to be an honest election and so does everybody else."

The facts are that the media pulled this same concession junk during the run-up to the 2016 election in order to cause an uproar. However, it didn't work out like they planned because the only person/party that has a history of refusing to accept election results is Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party since 2016. If history is any indication, the media should be targeting the Democrats -not Trump - for these concession questions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 10:58 AM

That was a longer post than necessary. No, I don't think Republicans are planning to have mass demonstrations in the streets. I think whackjob Trumpies who are itching for a civil war and want to run out in their camo and AR-15s will do it just like they have done at other rallies and such.

Whackjob Trump supporters, the ones who truly despise America and want a dictator, will do something on Nov. 4, and some of it will escalate to violence. Actual real Republicans will not, and actual real Republicans aren't voting for Trump.

Those whack-a-doodles are the minority and should be put down easily, but they're not going to accept the election results.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:35 AM

You live in fantasy land. Idk if it is drug or alcohol induced or not, but you truly do have a warped sense of reality.

I haven’t seen right wing organizations rioting, looting, and destroying in the streets because some PoS lifetime criminal got what he deserved.

I haven't seen republicans crying and threatening to move to Canada if Trump loses.

I haven’t seen them marching through public universities yelling vulgarities about democrat candidates.

I haven’t seen them take over cities and shutdown police departments causing innocent people to be murderered, raped, and robbed.

The list could go on and on.

Oh, but Trump supporters don’t like wearing masks. What a menace to society they all are.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I might have some stay-off-the-internet days ]

What world do you live in?

Oct 21, 2020, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I might have some stay-off-the-internet days ]

Cat,

There will be a few hardliners on either side that are going to go off after the election. It is my hope that Republican Congressional (& other) leaders will step up to force Trump to accept his loss without causing too much damage to the institution.

I wish Joe good luck on his battle with

Oct 21, 2020, 7:40 AM

Dementia

Facebook will be OK

Oct 21, 2020, 7:46 AM

it's TNET one will need to avoid, for sure.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

It's going to be a bloodbath. Biden is going to win in a

Oct 21, 2020, 8:07 AM

landslide.

Don't worry lil Prod. You can still get to bed at 8:30.

Are you weak sauce, Prod?

Oct 21, 2020, 8:11 AM

You sound weak ??

I am too sensitive

Oct 21, 2020, 8:17 AM

to other people being upset. I don't really get mad about things myself, but I get too distressed about other people fighting and do too much of the guy in the middle trying to separate two sides. If I see to much of it, I get a little down. It's a flaw.

As Carville said, we will know by 10:30. Biden landslide.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:19 AM

And Senate prolly going Dem.

"Ohhhh Canada my home and native land..."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you think it's possible that,

Oct 21, 2020, 8:20 AM

given the breakdowns you see of people voting on Election Day (mostly for the President) and people mailing in (mostly the Vice President), that there could be a lead for the President, or close to it, on Election night?

Possible, but not likely. We still have a coupla weeks but

Oct 21, 2020, 8:22 AM

a Biden landslide or at least an undisputed win looks very likely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possible, but not likely. We still have a coupla weeks but

Oct 21, 2020, 11:38 AM

Gawd man, turn off MSNBC.

Re: Don't you think it's possible that,

Oct 21, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Don't you think it's possible that, ]

Prodical,

Good point. This red mirage - blue shift will be VERY real this year because of the vast increase in mail in voting.

Remember that the first numbers are often based on exit polling. And the in person ballots will often be counted before the mail in and absentee ballots.

So I think it is very possible that trump will look like he is winning early and that Biden will pass him late into the night or even in the following days.

The TV News will warn about this over and over, but many Trump supporters will hardly hear that. This may cause them to be even more suspicious and pisssedoff at the official results. I don't know what we can do to ameliorate this troubling tendency.

Here is an article that lays it out pretty well.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/politics/2020-election-count-red-mirage-blue-shift/index.html

Oct 21, 2020, 8:20 AM

I would stay off the steets if Trump wins and if you own a business make sure it's boarded up.

Also, if you don't have a gun I would get one now. Antifa and BLM are already talking about taking riots to the suburbs.

I'm not any more worried about that after the election

Oct 21, 2020, 8:21 AM

than I have been for the last few months. There will always be some knuckleheads. Hopefully it's quickly snuffed out, if it happens.

Well, thugs tried to burn LA after Lakers win ??***

Oct 21, 2020, 8:32 AM

Oct 21, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I might have some stay-off-the-internet days ]

I believe that most signs point to a Biden victory.

I am more concerned about Trump supporter violence than I am antifa or BLM violence.

Fortunately, my shotgun has no opinion on politics. It shoots wherever I point it.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:06 PM

Prodigal,

I wholeheartedly agree. I hope for decisive results so that the inevitable contested states do not impact the outcome.

I would hope that we would all get our heads wrapped around the idea that we may very well not have clear, final results in a number of states for a few days or more.

We are also going to hear about EVERY outrageous voting story, no matter how factual or insignificant it may be.

We all need to pledge to ourselves to be patient, diligent, and bound to peaceable accept the final results of this election no matter which way it goes. I hope that we can all do that.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic