Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I support the female kicker in this circumstance, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I support the female kicker in this circumstance, but

Nov 29, 2020, 10:20 AM

It may have been a violation.

I wonder if the media will check to see if they handled the scholarship correctly. If she was on soccer scholarship then she would have to be given a football scholarship to play on the football team. If they did not do this it is a violation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I support the female kicker in this circumstance, but

Nov 29, 2020, 10:24 AM

I think you get a waiver for a publicity stunt dont you? If so they're safe. Vandy so pathetic she didnt get a fg or PAT attempt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 10:26 AM

It’s just as well. In pregame warm ups she could barely make a kick from extra point range.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give her a break - she was pressed into.....

Nov 29, 2020, 10:32 AM

this because Vanderbilt really does have a kicker shortage. She hasn't had time to really practice the position. It's not fair to just say it was a publicity stunt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give her a break - she was pressed into.....

Nov 29, 2020, 10:38 AM

No problem with her. Big problem with stupid media overhype. Other women at other levels have played and made actual kicks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're wrong about this..........

Nov 29, 2020, 10:28 AM

being a requirement. What makes you think this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you're wrong about this..........

Nov 29, 2020, 12:36 PM

This requirement is why Clemson no longer uses soccer players as kickers. Using a scholarship from Soccer is like having an extra football scholarship.

The way the rule works is that a scholarship member of the football team can play on another sport but for a scholarship player in another sport to play on the Football team I think they must actually have a football scholarship. They may just have to count against the allowed number of football scholarships, so that may have been the case for this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 10:45 AM

At Vandy, they all play like girls

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic