Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF COVID-19 continues into fall 2021
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,053

IF COVID-19 continues into fall 2021

Sep 8, 2020, 6:47 PM

If COVID-19 paranoia continues into fall of 2021, and the 2021 football season has the same restrictions on tickets, tailgating, etc as this year, how many of you will drop your season tickets and donations?

I can't even take my wife and kids to a game together despite donating thousands to IPTAY each year because now I'm limited to 2 tickets. I can't enjoy tailgating with other friends and family. I'm willing to put up with this for one year, but after that I will probably be out. It's no longer a family event for me. And for us, the game and tailgating were 80% about family and 20% about seeing the game.

I'm realizing I may be regretting even taking part this year as since I only have two tickets together now, I have to choose between finding a babysitter and just taking the wife, or picking 1 kid to bring. It doesn't do any good to try and get more tickets because they will be split up and my kids are too small to sit alone.

Do others feel the same way?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF COVID-19 continues into fall 2021

Sep 8, 2020, 6:55 PM

It illustrates how very important it is that everyone stay home , stay away from gatherings and for goodness sakes wear a mask in public .
The experts have been very clear on it , we can get this thing over and done with consistency and dedication of purpose .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 8, 2020, 7:02 PM

Doing so won't eradicate the virus. It will still be here and so when restrictions are lifted it can take off again. So it's extremely likely to still be here in 2021. So I ask again, if its still here and all the precautions are still in place for fall 2021 season, are you in or out?

Sep 8, 2020, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: IF COVID-19 continues into fall 2021 ]

EXPERTS? Laughable!!

Sep 9, 2020, 9:34 AM

Questioning whether there are "experts" and criticizing Fauci are both pathetically ignorant. Just because you are advised to take certain steps to avoid the spread of the virus and you are too selfish to take those steps doesn't mean the advice is laughable. BTW a few days go I checked the infection rate in NYC and it was less than 1% while in SC, Ga. and Fl it was between 10% and 20%. Whats truly laughable is that our dumb ### states led by our dumb ### governors don't have an effing clue about this pandemic.

Dr. Fowchee has made it very clear...

Sep 8, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: IF COVID-19 continues into fall 2021 ]

If enough of us wear a muzzle, then he doesn’t have to wear one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 7:37 PM

I stuck with 2 this year but reading and seeing how the restrictions are going to be, I won’t do it again if it comes to that. I have a feeling the restrictions will be so bad that it will taint the experience. I just really hated to miss the best RB in Clemson history carrying the ball a few more times. Was holding out hope sanity would return prior to season truthfully.

Sep 8, 2020, 7:53 PM

COVID 19 is not going away. We will have a vaccine some time in the next 12 months but, half of the people have already said they will not take it. Expect schools to open as normal in August. The younger population is doing quite well with the virus. The MMR vaccine is supposedly protecting the students. My county recommended all staff to get MMR vaccines so I got mine today. You are about to start hearing about the education crisis and the negative impact of LFH on students. Because of budget issues, I expect football attendance to be normal next season.

Agreed - a little caution & common sense can keep things

Sep 8, 2020, 8:39 PM

Under control from Oct 2020 to March 2021. Then hopefully vaccines and community immunity provide sufficient safeguards for a full return to relative normalcy.

I'm thrilled with this year.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:58 PM

While I will miss the normal Clemson traditions, I am thrilled to go see my Tigers play and will continue to do so. For me it is 100% about seeing the game. I am thrilled that I will be there with people of the same mindset instead of seeing so many people there that really don't want to be just because they are there with family. No more crying babies who are miserable in the scorching heat. No more children that have to be taken to the concession and apparel stand for the 10th time during the game. No more social chatter while I am trying to watch the game and hear who made the tackle or who the injured player is. No more people who leave at halftime and never come back.
I am looking forward to this year where it is all about the game. I do hope we get back to normal next year but for this year I will suck it up and enjoy all the unique opportunities it brings.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,053
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic