Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY Bonus, poor implementation of good idea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

IPTAY Bonus, poor implementation of good idea

Aug 20, 2020, 1:03 PM

No way a $60 Paw donor should get 100 points, EVER. So now I have pay/leave my McFadden donation in place in order to get the same points?

NO WAY THIS IS FAIR!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY Bonus, poor implementation of good idea

Aug 20, 2020, 1:13 PM

A 2nd year $60 donor would end up with:

Years: 2 (2 pts)
Cumulative Giving: $80 (0 pts)
Plus 100 bonus = 102 points

The same $60 donor that's been giving for 80 years since birth:

Years: 80 (80 pts)
Cumml giving: $4,800 (19 pts)
= 99 points

What a total disrespect for long time donors!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:16 PM

I think you have hit on the main point ... forces big dollar donors to not ask for a refund.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:22 PM

IPTAY is holding donors hostage for 2020.

Keep paying at your current level or risk letting everybody pass you.

Let's say a guy had been giving $1000 a year for 20 years. He has 100 points.

Now he's been laid off due to Covid, and parking/tickets likely won't even matter this season. So he drops back to $450. So, he gets 3 points, for a total of 103.

He has the same as his neighbor's kid that gave $60 in 18, 19 and 21.

This is pure EXTORTION!

Aug 20, 2020, 1:42 PM

It's obviously a well thought out plan by IPTAY. The incentive for low and mid range donors to leave their contribution with IPTAY is huge as a kid with a $60 donation will get credit for the equivalent of 25K in cumulative donations. Folks with mid to high point levels will be reluctant to have their donation refunded for fear of being leap frogged by folks who otherwise are currently well behind them.For the person at the very high end of donations and points, this is probably a moot point since they are already comfortable with donating a large sum of money so they will probably not request a refund.I don't think it's necessarily fair that someone who gives at a very high level will get a much lower percentage "return on investment,"but I have to tip my cap to IPTAY on figuring out a way to lock most folks into not touching their IPTAY contribution. The ticket option is different. The bonus for allocating your ticket money to IPTAY rather than asking for a refund or applying the money to 2021 tix to me is not a huge lure. This move basically inflates the whole point system, so if you don't want to lose ground, you almost have to leave your 2020 IPTAY donation alone. It's a very clever move by IPTAY.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:44 PM

EXTORTION works the exact same way.

Aug 20, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY Bonus, poor implementation of good idea ]

Actually, it’s not very well thought out because if you are smart, you would get a refund and apply it to next year and double your contribution if you plan to give the same amount. You then get better choice of parking and choice of tickets. A Heisman or Riggs donor would be better off getting a refund and doubling their contribution for 2021. They would get more perks than letting Iptay keep their money. So, a 2021 donor giving $50k would be treated better than a $25k donor with an extra 100 points. Especially if you currently like your current tickets and parking. Priority points only matter for bowl tickets, away games or competing for better seats or parking. A lot of different scenarios to consider.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 2:03 PM

Letting the bonus points expire in a year or two would have been better. Or give the full amount this year, and next year you will be elevated to the next level.

Aug 20, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY Bonus, poor implementation of good idea ]

That doesn't work ........tried it before. One year I quadrupled my donation to IPTAY hoping to move into some better seats and parking. I wound up with the same seats and parking, so the next year I just gave the minimum for my seating area. A few years later when they moved my parking I called the IPTAY office and asked about my same parking back and they told me to donate more money ..... however no guarantee that my parking would improve one iota!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:24 PM

I have to agree with you...although I don't think IPTAY is trying to screw anyone...I just don't think this is very well thought out and feels quite rushed.

I also think IPTAY could have done a better job of rolling this out and should have explained all the options better in the original email (better/clearer/more concise writing, more usage of charts, etc...) While well intentioned, the subsequent emails adding in new details (a day before deadline) suggest this could have been presented better/in more detail in original email. I also think giving donors more time to decide would have been helpful as well. JMHO....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:50 PM

Fairness and Effectiveness are different things.

As others have noted, this is the latter (from IPTAY's perspective).

Aug 20, 2020, 1:55 PM

This is also a very NEAR-SIGHTED plan. What about future donors? How can they ever expect to "catch" up?

Yep New Donors in the next few years

Aug 20, 2020, 2:21 PM

will be most adversely affected. It will take a long time to make up essentially 25K in donations to match the 100 point bonus. Anyone who decides to take a refund from IPTAY will take a hit too as they will get jumped by a bunch of folks. Those like me who leave things alone will essentially gain no real advantage as again I expect most folks will leave their donation to IPTAY untouched, so essentially the 100 points just keeps you at status quo.

Aug 20, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY Bonus, poor implementation of good idea ]

It doesn’t impact future donors relating to season tickets. Ticket change requests are based first on current level then priority points so a new $5k donor next year will jump a 20 year Champion level donor for ticket upgrades. It will just impact ties for parking and the ability to get away game tickets.

A future donor

Aug 20, 2020, 3:28 PM

at whatever level they choose, would still be 100 points behind anyone in that level. Most future donors aren't going to jump in at 5K. Again, they would still be behind anyone in the level they join by 100 points, so in my opinion this does hurt most future donors.

Aug 20, 2020, 1:57 PM

a simple 2x, 5x, or 10x multiplier would have been better.

Aug 20, 2020, 2:00 PM

It’s really quite simple, points should correlate with donor level.

This is dirty from IPTAY.

I understand they’re desperate for cash, but to allow new low donation members to surpass long time medium donation members if they need this money back due to the economic downturn is dirty.

Aug 20, 2020, 2:50 PM

Welcome to 2020

Every 1 has a chance to get the 100

Aug 20, 2020, 3:36 PM

Rich folk can maintain their elite status

Don't ruin this for me brotaterchip

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic