Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the “Little Ten” only has an 8 game Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,612

If the “Little Ten” only has an 8 game Schedule

Sep 15, 2020, 8:13 PM

The should be DISQUALIFIED from the CFP! Not equitable at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes that's right

Sep 15, 2020, 8:39 PM

They'll let em in anyways. NO 1 LOSS B1G team should sniff the Playoff!!

Re: If the “Little Ten” only has an 8 game Schedule

Sep 15, 2020, 8:40 PM

Exactly right. SEC champs could play up to 11 games and ACC had to add an 11th worthless OOC opponent so their champ could play up to 12 games. That move will look really dumb when CFP rolls around.

Agree 100%***

Sep 15, 2020, 8:58 PM

Sep 15, 2020, 9:23 PM

I really think they thought everyone would just follow their lead when this first started. Suddenly they discovered they be left out and they'e been stalling, misleading and delaying hoping they get in after only playing a few games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 9:40 PM

They can go play with themselves.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 9:43 PM

Clemson has made the CFP five years in a row in large part by winning 9 conference games a couple of times. If the Big10 team wins 8 regular season conference games and a conference championship game, they will and should be qualified to make the CFP if the selection committee cannot find 4 teams who are more deserving.

Should the ACC dial back to 8 conference games and a title game? Maybe. But I'd guess our coach wants his team to play as much football as it can get on the calendar. If 2 of our conference opponents can't play we should be in good shape with 8 conference wins and a Conference Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets not forget Clemson's OOC schedule...

Sep 15, 2020, 10:04 PM

over the last 10 years. Auburn, UGA, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, etc. Not exactly equal to an average ACC opponent.

Or even an average SEC schedule!***

Sep 15, 2020, 10:11 PM

Sep 16, 2020, 4:37 AM [ in reply to Re: If the “Little Ten” only has an 8 game Schedule ]

I think the point is a team playing 11 or 12 games will have a little more wear and tear than a team playing 9 games (B10 rep) by time CFP rolls around. Greater chance of injuries to players also with more games.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:34 AM

grrowl said:

I think the point is a team playing 11 or 12 games will have a little more wear and tear than a team playing 9 games (B10 rep) by time CFP rolls around. Greater chance of injuries to players also with more games.

How do you think the lack of bye weeks for the Big 10 will play into the equation. An undefeated champion will have played 9 straight weeks. I was originally on the throw them out bandwagon, but that is a pretty tough schedule without the bye weeks.

None of the speculation matters though. Way too many variables in play before we get to that point.

Sep 15, 2020, 9:43 PM

To paraphrase an old familiar song, I say to them, "nah, nah, nah, nah; nah, nah, nah, nah; hey, hey-ya; GOOD-BYE!!!! My punctuation may be lacking, but the message, probably, is pretty clear. They made their beds, so now let them wallow in them. Choices have consequences, and sometimes those consequences are very painful. They result in lessons that stick with us for a lifetime. That's how e learn. Hopefully, they learn from their mistakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 10:21 PM

Fine, as long as they let everyone use their best 8 games. Any games above 8 are mulligans.

They had their chance.

Sep 15, 2020, 11:20 PM

They pussed out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Completely Agree!

Sep 15, 2020, 11:29 PM

Ain't no way 8 games should get them into the CFP.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:43 AM

Lets be honest, the B10 doesn't really every play 8 games.

Counting in Rutgets, Illinois, Twerps, and Nebraska, - and then their MACion tie-in payoff. Pre-Covid works out to only like 2-3 games tops. They rest are just scrimmages with the spring jv team.

If their "best NC" teams steps out to play a 6-6 ACC team that only has a special team squad, then the B10 loses by like 21 points at home.

Sep 16, 2020, 3:34 PM

I couldn't care less. We seem to get better and better as the season moves on. By game 12, we are typically dialed in with new wrinkles on both sides of the ball and the freshmen are playing like sophomores. I feel sorry for whatever sacrificial lamb is placed before us in the playoffs. Boys and girls, this Clemson team looks goooood.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic