Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is The Goal To Stop The Virus Or Sue People Trying To Stop The Virus? ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Is The Goal To Stop The Virus Or Sue People Trying To Stop The Virus? ---

Jul 17, 2020, 5:14 AM

Come on Kemp....are you going to sue Walgreens....CVS....Walmart....Kohls....you know businesses that are in the state of Georgia that want people to wear mask??

Heavy populated areas in Georgia where the virus has spiked significantly. Read the state man.....save some lives.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is The Goal To Stop The Virus Or Sue People Trying To Stop The Virus? ---

Jul 17, 2020, 7:43 AM

His Executive order has nothing to do with businesses. It is aimed at municipalities attempting to enforce an unenforceable mandate. The government simply does not have the power to require masks to be worn everywhere. Businesses are entitled to require masks for those entering their "private property."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s just a little man trying to prove something

Jul 17, 2020, 8:03 AM

Every competent governor is requiring them with the full knowledge that they can’t fully enforce. It’s only the lower half of Trumpers (that bottom 15% of society) that won’t follow the mandates wiilingly.

Face to face with the Atlanta governor, that little weasel would #### his pants.

Re: He’s just a little man trying to prove something

Jul 17, 2020, 9:23 PM

Keep on being a good little sheep and giving that wool. It's the 5% of holier than thous like yourself that give tnet a bad name. Get over yourself.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you are in the top half of Trumpers,

Jul 18, 2020, 1:24 AM

so don’t take it so personal, little lady. The top half has some decent people, as confused and brainwashed as they may be. The bottom half are ####### garbage who are headed straight to hell.

Re: Maybe you are in the top half of Trumpers,

Jul 18, 2020, 4:34 PM

I don't take it personal I am proud of it. It's idiot libtards like you I enjoy calling because of your idiocy and ignorance. Have a nice day!

Just a friendly tip,

Jul 18, 2020, 7:52 PM

stop eating your own foeces. It is not good for you.

Re: He’s just a little man trying to prove something

Jul 17, 2020, 11:49 PM [ in reply to He’s just a little man trying to prove something ]

KLB is only a mayor, not a governor.

Atlanta is only a city, not a state unto itself. Though the rest of us would not mind if that cesspool seceded from GA.

Just thought I'd point out a couple relevant facts.

Oh, yeah, one more: Law Enforcement in Atlanta agrees with the governor. Mayor Bottoms is in danger of losing the support of the cops in response to her failure to support them. Blue flu has struck hard.

There isn’t a Georgia without Atlanta,

Jul 18, 2020, 1:27 AM

just a bunch of ####### rednecks chasing every animal, male or female, with their pants dropped to the ankles.

Re: There isn’t a Georgia without Atlanta,

Jul 18, 2020, 2:40 PM

AOC, I’m surprised at you. Where has your smug voice of Reason and Science gone?

In this thread alone you have called the Mayor of Atlanta a ‘governor’, and by extension the City of Atlanta a ‘state’.
You have called the Governor of GA a ‘little weasel’ and a coward for not allowing mayors to take away individual freedoms they will not relinquish before November, including the power to lock down their cities.

‘Face to face with the Atlanta governor, that little weasel would #### his pants.’

Apparently you don’t realize these two work “together“ frequently (except when she is in quarantine) and feud often. After all, his office is in her city, and he still goes to work—like many of us who aren’t counting on another bailout.

***You have also called all non-Atlanta Georgians rednecks who practice bestiality and pedophilia (or something I don’t want to contemplate.) I’m assuming your vulgarity is based on your outrage over the Ahmad Arbury situation, and possibly inflamed by alcohol, but it’s not called for on this board. Please delete your poorly-phrased post and repost something more articulate.***

Jul 18, 2020, 4:35 PM

It's his inner lib coming out full strength.

Jul 18, 2020, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: There isn’t a Georgia without Atlanta, ]

This is the same guy that condemned the Michigan people protesting about the government forcing them to shutdown their businesses, but has remained silent about the rioting. Whatever fits his politcal agenda.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Not all

Jul 19, 2020, 12:54 PM

Just the boogaloos. Get to know who they are. You don’t want to be on the wrong side when they start their new civil war.

A growing consensus is that

Jul 18, 2020, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: There isn’t a Georgia without Atlanta, ]

he doesn't have the power as governor to void local ordinances unless the legislature gives him that power. His emergency powers let him put restrictions in place that localities have to follow, but don't let him remove restrictions that counties or cities put in place (as long as they don't violate other laws or orders). In other words, he can't order you to be a moron unless the legislature gives him that power.

Re: A growing consensus is that

Jul 19, 2020, 3:51 PM

I have been told that, too--that legally mayors DO have broader emergency powers than the governor does.

But mark my words: this is not about masks (which Kemp says are 'highly recommended'.) This is about shutting down the state and waiting for a bailout.

There's 153 counties in this state, but only 14 are heavily urbanized. All those mayors want to shut down their communities and then leverage the federal government for a bailout. The rest of the state will be left out unless we shut down voluntarily.

Mayor Bottoms and her cabal of mayors couldn't care less about the rest of GA--that's the governor's job, and that's why he's doing it. Many rural areas don't have access to funding and resources like the cities do, and frankly, my city is still paying many employees to stay home (since March 29) instead of providing the services my taxes pay for and we rely on.

So you honestly think Gov Kemp needs to sit by and let a cabal of mayors close the state de facto? Or is that just your anti-Trumpism talking?

And what is your end game? If the mayors close the cities two weeks before school starts, the schools will not reopen, AND MINORITY KIDS WILL FALL FURTHER BEHIND THE AFFLUENT WHITE KIDS IN THEIR EDUCATION. Is that okay with you?

I would think you would care about that.

Or do you and Mayor Bottoms propose that we just pass everyone and declare them all 'smart'?

Sounds like you're really standing for logic and reason, sport.

That's total nonsense

Jul 19, 2020, 6:06 PM

That governor is a ####### moron and needs to start listening to smarter people. Put a statewide mandate in place so businesses don't have to struggle with sometimes dangerous anti-maskers, if for no other reason. Do it so I can visit Georgia and SC without having to quarantine for two weeks when I get home.

Re: That's total nonsense

Jul 20, 2020, 4:30 PM

I just spent a week in Florida on the beach, golfing, out to eat etc . Did not have to quarantine at all, great trip,Take your vacation and enjoy yourself.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't have a choice, other than to lose a very good job

Jul 20, 2020, 7:49 PM

quarantine is mandatory unless you can get two negative tests a few days apart.

Jul 17, 2020, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Is The Goal To Stop The Virus Or Sue People Trying To Stop The Virus? --- ]

Serious question, why is it not enforceable? Seat belt laws are enforceable. We have to wear other clothes or else get charged with indecent exposure. How is a mask enforcement any different than any other law?

Because having to wear a mask violates their "freedom"...

Jul 18, 2020, 9:55 AM

I think similar arguments were brought up when the seat belt law and helmet motorcycle laws were first introduced. Looking back we think it's pretty stupid. It will happen here too but some people never learn. NO ONE in Colombia or anywhere else in the world questions mask wearing.

Problem is that Trump came out and said it was a hoax day one so the sycophant army won't let it go. Every day I read on here people down-playing COVID, questioning mask use, the numbers of dead, Dr. Fauci, etc. etc. etc. It really is incredible.

Problem with ALWAYS appealing to the 30% base is the other 70%.

I don't think the 30% is going to like what is going to happen in November.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Is The Goal To Stop The Virus Or Sue People Trying To Stop The Virus? --- ]

His executive order is political pettiness. Requiring masks is say, Hartfield Jackson is a GREAT idea. Requiring it in high density ATL is a great idea... and especially Athens. This is Typical Jawja claiming a victory in the 3rd, getting their tails wipped, and then blaming the refs.

But that is the problem: business community generally want the mandate as a way to ease "confusion". Folks are stabbing/shooting each other if someone is not wearing a mask or if they are told to ask to wear a mask. Do you want a shop owner trying to so that crud out?

"Jaywalking" is not generally enforceable as a mandate. But when there is a conflict, it makes it easy to assign "fault" and in specific cases, enforceable.

This is clearly an issue for government to tackle as it triply within the police power as both a health, safety, and general welfare aspect. Those items are not private sector responsibilities.

Typical Jawja

Jul 17, 2020, 11:26 AM

Great line:

"This is Typical Jawja claiming a victory in the 3rd, getting their tails wipped, and then blaming the refs."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Is The Goal To Stop The Virus Or Sue People Trying To Stop The Virus? --- ]

It is just as enforceable as is no smoking inside a place of business.

#1 goal for all Americans is to sue some1

Jul 17, 2020, 8:02 AM

Slimeball lawyers need their suped up Honda pilots. Covid is just one more reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It's not my goal but yes, lawyers always win

Jul 17, 2020, 8:10 AM

Massive problem in our country. I love passing injury law billboards. Really brightens a town.

Re: It's not my goal but yes, lawyers always win

Jul 17, 2020, 9:43 AM

It makes me think of those George Sink commercials where people say over and over "Did you know George Sink was a Marine?" That's quite disrespectful to the military IMO that an injury lawyer would use his past military service in his ambulance chasing commercials.

Re: #1 goal for all Americans is to sue some1

Jul 18, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to #1 goal for all Americans is to sue some1 ]

yeah, yeah, yeah, it is always the lawyers fault .....smh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said it was the lawyers fault?

Jul 20, 2020, 2:49 PM

I said lawyers need their suped up Honda pilots. I can have the tnet reporter read back to you what was posted..

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 17, 2020, 8:54 AM

Well, I can assure all those freedom lovers out there that shelter in place, quarantine and mask directives would pass legal muster in court. Feel free to reference State police powers under US Const. along with numerous state / fed statutes and case law that is on point. History sadly repeats itself with a distinct rhythm. Crack those history books and read up on the freedom lover outcries to seat belt laws from the 1950’s thru the 90’s. One example of many.

Remember the helmet law with motorcycles was introduced?

Jul 18, 2020, 9:59 AM

Same $hit, smh.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Goal WAS flatten the curve. NOW it’s find a cure.

Jul 17, 2020, 8:57 AM

But the big goal is get Trump out of office.

HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Goal WAS flatten the curve. NOW it’s find a cure.

Jul 17, 2020, 9:37 AM

Truly a goal the majority of Americans can get behind.

Re: The Goal WAS flatten the curve. NOW it’s find a cure.

Jul 17, 2020, 9:25 PM [ in reply to The Goal WAS flatten the curve. NOW it’s find a cure. ]

Think you will be surprised come November just like last year. The silent MAJORITY has spoken and will speak again. Watch those states light up red and cry your little liberal eyes out again. All you liberals are pathetic.

Hope you’re right.

Jul 18, 2020, 9:29 AM

I also hope I don’t turn into a liberal by November.

I wasn’t saying MY Goal was to get Trump out. I was saying it’s THE Goal of the “pandemic”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're wrong...

Jul 18, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to The Goal WAS flatten the curve. NOW it’s find a cure. ]

he got himself out of office calling COVID a hoax from day one.

When the whole world is part of the conspiracy

Jul 18, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to The Goal WAS flatten the curve. NOW it’s find a cure. ]

Is it even a conspiracy anymore?

Re: When the whole world is part of the conspiracy

Jul 19, 2020, 8:38 PM

If you think the whole world agrees with you, you live in a tiny world.

This is a question for

Jul 17, 2020, 9:00 AM

The Three “MASKETEERS”.

Yes.***

Jul 17, 2020, 9:01 AM

Jul 17, 2020, 9:30 AM

He's a UGA grad and is just trying to make Georgia the "Cesspool of the South"

The best analogy I can find is Goldilocks and the 3 bears.

Goldilocks (Kemp) is in charge of buying beds for the 3 bears. Rather than letting the bears chose the bed that is best for them, he's chosen the one that he thinks is just right. But for 2 of the bears it is too hard or too soft.

I trust the Mayor of Atlanta to decide what the rules should be in our city rather than the Governor who is trying to balance the requirements of the whole state.

I also trust the mayors of small towns that are not hot spots to make their own rules. And if I travel there, I will respect their rules because I'm not an ####### who comes to your house and does whatever I want with total disregard for my host.

I wonder what ever happened to the conservative belief in local control?

Jul 17, 2020, 10:14 AM

they just mandated masks in our county last week. It went from maybe 30-40% of people wearing them, to literally everyone is wearing them now. SO yes, people do actually follow the rules.

Jul 17, 2020, 12:05 PM

Yes, and if we had had real leadership on this from the beginning, we could be on the downward side of the negative effects by now, but . . .

Re: "real leadership"

Jul 17, 2020, 11:41 PM

You mean, governors and mayors banning public protests as enthusiastically as they restricted worship and public assemblies?

Weak politicians cherry-pick which rights they take away, not based on science, but on which communities can be subjugated more easily. Older church-goers were more likely to obey a church ban, but healthy young protestors would not obey a protest ban. Yet you call that "real leadership."

Jul 17, 2020, 11:48 AM

Too bad Gov. Kemp is not up for reelection. How petty and infantile can one be?

People forget all the stupid stuff he said early on***

Jul 20, 2020, 7:53 PM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic