Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s easy to second guess
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 996

It’s easy to second guess

Nov 9, 2020, 4:35 PM

But I thought that we would see something different from the Tigers Saturday night. It was apparent that the Irish would key on ETN and force The young QB to beat them throwing the ball. That is exactly what happened. I don’t believe the Tigers were prepared for this. I felt like the coaches would add an extra blocker in the backfield to help ETN get going. This never happened. Watching film of the Irish showed that they were strong at the line of scrimmage and the Tiger OLine certainly isn’t. I also expected to see ETN line up as a receiver a lot in this game using Dixon as the runner but this didn’t happen either. The jumbo package in that last two minutes would have given the Tigers a chance to get ONE first down and win the game. I can’t recall a single play in that game that wasn’t something ND had seen on film.

Has the failure for the officials to not start the clock on the last possession been addressed? Far to many events in this game that I don’t understand. Big, I’m no coach and for good reason. I don’t know much.!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Injuries on defense is ultimately what cost Clemson the game

Nov 9, 2020, 4:38 PM

The defense was thin and gassed.

That and ongoing problems along the OL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Injuries on defense is ultimately what cost Clemson the game

Nov 9, 2020, 4:43 PM

That is very true. The coaches knew that going into the game, that is the point of my post

Re: It’s easy to second guess

Nov 9, 2020, 4:58 PM

Going completely from memory, it seems we've had miscues/execution problems several times from the jumbo package, so perhaps they felt it too much of a risk in that situation. Another thought is maybe the OC would have been more likely to show something different if we had a healthy Ngata and Ladson on the field.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 9, 2020, 5:03 PM

Pinckney says hello!

Nov 9, 2020, 5:15 PM

I know that we've run it successfully, but a few weeks ago (perhaps Syracuse game) we burned two timeouts as I recall trying to set up the jumbo package properly. I know the jumbo package has worked, but we've also had several miscues over the last few years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 9, 2020, 5:00 PM

which is why I try not to, second guess that is.
We lost the game.
It happens.
It's not the end of the world.
That comes next Jan.20th!( or is that second guessing)?

Nov 9, 2020, 5:02 PM

Interestingly, D.J. had a big deep completion to Cornell then few to no deep balls. That surprised me as deep balls may have been ND’ Achilles heel. The lack of deep balled allowed ND to stack the line the entire game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 5:05 PM

True. Powell has been very reliable thus far.

Replies: 8
| visibility 996
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic