Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just How Much Is $100,000,000.?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Just How Much Is $100,000,000.?

Nov 13, 2020, 2:59 PM

To a politician it appears to be pocket change but to me it would be a path out of the poor house. Can we even begin to realize how much money this is when spent on an election campaign? It doesn't make any difference if the campaigner has a (D) or an (R) behind his/her name. Somewhere along the line we seem to have lost our sense of values.

To put this in proper perspective, someone came up with the idea of showing what $100,000,000 would accomplish if spent on selected targets. I can't vouch for the numbers being 100% accurate but they do give a general idea of the "what if" alternative.

1. It would provide 40,160,643 school lunches.
2. Hire 2,439 additional teachers.
3. Provide $2,000. a year in prescription assistance to 50,000 seniors.
4. Hire 2,127 police officers.
5. provide addiction services to 20,000 people.

And for kickers, $1,000,000. to Tigernet for operating expenses, leaving $99,000,000 to be evenly distributed to 2,000 Tigernet posters. Would a $49,500. bonus help you make it through breakfast?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, but to those spending that $$ for campaigns

Nov 13, 2020, 3:07 PM

it's priceless because of the potential power it can buy. If the Dems were to win the Senate, and Biden retains the lead in the electoral college, they would have all 3 chambers and would be able to do pretty much whatever they wanted. All of their many various interest groups and fat cat donors would be well served and accommodated. $100 million is nothing compared to the power it would buy they to reshape American policy and America itself. That's what it's all about: POWER.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ah, but to those spending that $$ for campaigns

Nov 13, 2020, 3:41 PM

Errrr, yes, the GOP for sure hasn't been enriching its "fat cat" donors and buddies. And running power games through Mitch McConnell who pushed the entire legislative agenda to the side to confirm a SC justice and not put through any relief funds for everyday working people impacted by Covid.

But yes, let's watch out for the Dem power play

Nov 13, 2020, 3:54 PM

Both parties do it, but in this election year, yes, it's been the Dems who have been pumping the most money into out-of-state campaigns b/c the GOP hold on the Senate is pretty slim. The GOP would be doing the same if the roles were reversed.

Nov 13, 2020, 3:59 PM

Agreed that both parties are subjected to being somewhat at the whims of their donors. That's how politics works.

But of course the Dems are going to pump money into flipping 2 senate seats specifically for the reason i mentioned above....the GOP can ignore covid all they want but it isn't going away and the the party has chosen confirming judges, tax breaks for coporates, undermining health care and eliminating environmental protections over providing relief funds to individuals and small businesses.

So yeah, spend away.

Nov 13, 2020, 4:33 PM

freaking GOP mofos.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleycuccinello/2020/04/07/the-20-richest-american-billionaires-2020/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 13, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Ah, but to those spending that $$ for campaigns ]

Seriously? Last I checked the democratic house turned down the last republican COVID bill offer. As you recall it was over 2 trillion dollars. We all know it could have been 10 trillion but they were not approving anything prior to the election. Couldn’t have Trump even come close to a win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he said.***

Nov 13, 2020, 4:41 PM

Nov 13, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Ah, but to those spending that $$ for campaigns ]

Ummmm, the demoncratic led house passed a $2Trillion package on Oct 1 2020. I mean if you trust the media and believe in facts, look it up.

THe reason there has been contention is

1) The dems want to include a $400-600 a week assitance deal while the GOP does not
2) the GOP is framing the bill as a "blue state bailout" to help dem controlled cities

Listen, at the end of the day we are all americans. Right now, COVID rates in ND and SD (both GOP strongholds) are near the highest rates in the world. There are no hospital beds left and they're going to need help too. And we should help them.

Finally BIDEN WON THE ELECTION. It is not a doubt.

Nov 13, 2020, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Ah, but to those spending that $$ for campaigns ]

When did Pelosi join the GOP?

Nov 13, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Ah, but to those spending that $$ for campaigns ]

Usually takes until people start drinking after 5pm to post the most uniformed post of the day. Kudos to you! Look up why Dem 2nd relief package not passed. Possibly because of the numerous items that have nothing to do with COVID, but partisan wishlist. Read, listen, learn then speak!

Nov 13, 2020, 4:53 PM

I know why none of the bills were passed...

1. Dems put in a pile of pork not related to anything Covid.
2. Dems did not want ANYONE to receive any money or other assistance that could be even slightly perceived as coming from Trump.

Pretty simple actually.

Message was edited by: stodd1515®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Ah, but to those spending that $$ for campaigns ]

Both parties Democrats and Republicans are evil! Their purpose is to have regular people arguing with each other over which party is right. While they go about trying to protect their group of snakes in the grass. They want average Joe arguing with average Bill so we don't see the destruction they are bringing on America.
Wake up neither party has America' best interest at heart, they just want to be re-elected and get their cronies re-elected.

Nov 13, 2020, 7:55 PM

That may be true but dems are much more evil imo. Just saying...

Nov 13, 2020, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Ah, but to those spending that $$ for campaigns ]

Power to push the liberal agenda down our throats...God help us if that happens...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just How Much Is $100,000,000.?

Nov 13, 2020, 3:18 PM

THAT LAST OPTION WITHOUT A NUMBER BESIDE IT!!!!!

Sorry, but TigersO is in need of an upgrade in the vehicle department and that $49,500 sounds like an outstanding start!

Nov 13, 2020, 3:23 PM

It's a little bit more than my annual salary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 3:42 PM

4,470,000 pounds in $100 bills

What does a trillion look like?

Nov 13, 2020, 3:59 PM

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

Re: What does a trillion look like?

Nov 13, 2020, 4:15 PM

Think of a football field
There are two constants, across the level of competition: 120 yards (360 feet) of length and 53 1/3 yards (160 feet) of width. The playing field is 100 yards long, with a 10-yard-deep end zone on each side. In total, a football field covers 57,600 square feet, or the equivalent of 1.32 acres

$100 bills stacked tight to cover, 1 trillion $ would be 90 ft high

I'm not the least bit greedy...

Nov 13, 2020, 4:49 PM

I'd be happy with one of the end zones! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be happy with one stack...that would be over 17 Mill

Nov 13, 2020, 8:40 PM

!!

About half of what I'm worth! ??????***

Nov 13, 2020, 4:59 PM

“It’s for your safety”

Nov 13, 2020, 5:47 PM

Run along little peasants. Nothing to see here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a tad more than I currently have.***

Nov 13, 2020, 8:27 PM

Re: It’s a tad more than I currently have.***

Nov 13, 2020, 10:29 PM

It would make my wife H A P P Y!!!

Nov 14, 2020, 7:09 AM

0.45% of the national debt

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 14, 2020, 8:01 AM

To put it in a different perspective, the salary for a US Senator is $174,000 per year. So it would take 575 years of the salary to pay back the money. Considering the fact that I am not familiar with any poor politicians, but have seen many rich ones, they have found other ways to pay it back while going more in debt to special interests in the process.

Nov 14, 2020, 8:10 AM

The sad thing is here in Georgia we are captive to the ads thru January. I am so tired of seeing these ads and it just continues to bombard us. It’s gotten to the point it’s like propaganda.

Nov 14, 2020, 10:59 AM

Live tv is unwatchable here in the ATL. Thank heavens for the DVR! We record everything so we can zap over the political commercials. Others, too, but the politicals are by far the worst and also the most repetitive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not thru January - just until January 6th.........

Nov 14, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Just How Much Is $100,000,000.? ]

when the run-off occurs. But I'm with you - live in Atlanta - am sick of the TV ads.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic