Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are SEC fans so
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why are SEC fans so

Jan 2, 2020, 6:50 AM

ghey?

I just don’t get the camaraderie.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand they hold the cornhole record.

Jan 2, 2020, 6:51 AM

It's enough shame the RAG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are SEC fans so

Jan 2, 2020, 7:38 AM

Why the comaraderie? Because fans of SEC teams know their team plays in the best conference with the toughest schedule. Fans of teams of other conferences know it too, which is why it's such a big deal when their team beats an SEC team. If the SEC had a losing bowl record this season, it would be all over TNET. The SEC is 6-2 so once again, conferences don't matter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, its to shut up espn's parrots

Jan 2, 2020, 7:42 AM

Beating the bottom 3/4 of league is meaningless otherwise. There are some sec teams I would even cheer for occasionally if it weren't for espn narrative.

BTW, I derive zero pleasure from acc basketball

Jan 2, 2020, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are SEC fans so ]

dominance. I would rather tobacco road never win again. I pull for Clemson and UVA, schools I attended. Same with baseball.

Re: BTW, I derive zero pleasure from acc basketball

Jan 2, 2020, 8:35 AM

dominance. I would rather tobacco road never win again. I pull for Clemson and UVA, schools I attended. Same with baseball.

If UVA hadnt won last year you wouldn’t even be here....

If LSU hadn't padded their stats and beat up on a crappy

Jan 2, 2020, 9:29 AM

conference you wouldn't even be here...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 2, 2020, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are SEC fans so ]

AFDAWG said:

Why the comaraderie? Because fans of SEC teams know their team plays in the best conference with the toughest schedule. Fans of teams of other conferences know it too, which is why it's such a big deal when their team beats an SEC team. If the SEC had a losing bowl record this season, it would be all over TNET. The SEC is 6-2 so once again, conferences don't matter.

Translation : That way losing at home to Uof6C with a third string QB can still mean more.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are SEC fans so ]

The SEC is the best conference, but it’s not by the margin you make it out to be.

I still don’t get it though. You don’t hear us crowing about the ACC in basketball. The SEC is the only division/conference that does it.

It’s weird.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:27 AM

We probably dont talk much about ACC basketball because we have such a weak program. It would it very cootish if we did. If we were a basketball powerhouse we might mention it more.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:46 AM

I would put our basketball program in the ACC on the same level as South Carolina in the SEC in football and it’s all they talk about. You must not live in the south.

I wouldn't***

Jan 2, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are SEC fans so ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Just because you homers think that doesn't make it true...

Jan 2, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are SEC fans so ]

Bama and LSU are both pretty solid teams. Georgia continues to achieve less with more since 1981.

Everyone else, including Florida and Auburn...not so much.

Teams like Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Vandy, Missouri, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Kentucky, and uof6c are all below average teams.

Some teams prefer to establish their own identity but I get why teams who can't are relegated to living vicariously through their conference because...well... it's all they've got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Just because you homers think that doesn't make it true...

Jan 2, 2020, 8:25 AM

Because ESPN sold this "conference mantra" to the sheep a few years ago.

Now, no matter what, the talking heads ALWAYS have something to talk about.

News flash:

The SEC is not an entity.

The SEC is a collection of 14 different entities.

Where did you attend college?" "uh, the SEC."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are SEC fans so ]

Well, we already beat two SEC teams not named Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Missouri (Wyoming says hi), Kentucky, or Miss State, or Tennessee (Georgia State says they have SEC speed too, you know). Who knew that scheduling two SEC teams for half of our OOC games would drag our SOS down?

Instead of celebrating someone else's victories (AKA sucking up to your conference betters), I'd be more concerned with putting a few more trophies in my own trophy case.

P.S. At least we beat South Carolina...again...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol... I don't care if duke and unc win the next 15

Jan 2, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are SEC fans so ]

Basketball championships..

You'll never here me chanting ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 2, 2020, 8:37 AM

ghey?

I just don’t get the camaraderie.

All the insults in the world will not make it hurt less when we boat race CU on the 13th.

You sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend.

Kinda like LSU and Bama?***

Jan 2, 2020, 8:45 AM

Jan 2, 2020, 8:43 AM

it's because they have little else to hang their hat on.

fact is, most of those who are braggadocio are really more fearful than anything else. it becomes a significant irritant, however, when others buy into the crowing.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:48 AM

Not sure what you mean by "little to hang their hat on." The SEC has been pretty successful as a conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 8:53 AM

You just can’t help yourself.

“Success as a conference”

We don’t consider a Duke or UNC national title in basketball as an accomplishment.

So does Bama let you borrow their championship trophies...

Jan 2, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are SEC fans so ]

in order to keep the ONE you won nearly 40 years ago from getting lonely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic