Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You Kids Think You Have it Tough Today...Back When I Was a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,690

You Kids Think You Have it Tough Today...Back When I Was a

Oct 16, 2020, 8:26 AM

Kid we didn't just have some mysterious virus that was trying to kill us. We were being hunted by Blasting Caps. Sweet Baby Jane, there were hordes of kids walking around without body parts as these ubiquitous explosives were hiding everywhere. I remember having nightmares about these and asking my parents to buy me a bomb disposal suit for my birthday. Oh the Horror!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqP0V9OfCIY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You joke, but I actually did run up on some blasting

Oct 16, 2020, 8:33 AM

caps and old dynamite in a jumbled up storage area in one of my dad's old outbuildings when I was a teenager. Luckily, I knew what I was looking at, and VERY CAREFULLY backed out of there and left them alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You Kids Think You Have it Tough Today...Back When I Was a

Oct 16, 2020, 8:44 AM

I had a gurlfriend like dat once

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Walking to school uphill both ways in 2 feet of snow

Oct 16, 2020, 8:49 AM

No heat in the building and a crust of bread for lunch if you got in the 1/2 mile lunch line early. But, we did NOT complain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They made us think quicksand was everywhere******

Oct 16, 2020, 8:55 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, you guys had it easy. We were so poor we couldn't afford

Oct 16, 2020, 9:12 AM

pencil and paper. We had to tote a block of ice to school, take notes with a hammer and chisel, and run home and study before it melted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: LOL, you guys had it easy. We were so poor we couldn't afford

Oct 16, 2020, 9:31 AM

Welll

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ain't nuttin....remember the Lizard Man? He terriorized the

Oct 16, 2020, 9:31 AM

woods in Bishopville S.C. Heck, I live in Chesterfield and stayed up all night waiting on him to crash through a window.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2020, 9:33 AM

I had it comparatively good. When I went to one of my friends house I only had to dodge one group of teenagers shooting bottle rockets at me as I went by. Of course they probably didn't like us chucking rocks at their truck when they were riding around so.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't have a truck then...***

Oct 16, 2020, 10:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2020, 9:49 AM

Heck, that's nothing. I rode a bicycle without a helmet, drank through a garden hose, and ate a piece of birthday cake after somebody blew on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 16, 2020, 9:59 AM

We had no video games, so we actually built tree houses and underground forts in our spare time. We had to light the forts with those black round kerosene "bombs" they used to have around road working projects (remember those)?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,690
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic