Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only one media member bothered to show up for tonight’s postgame press conference.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Only one media member bothered to show up for tonight’s postgame press conference.

Jan 20, 2021, 11:01 PM

That’s right, ONE.

And it was Phil Kornblut. The guy some here call Korncoot.

It’s sad that no other Clemson media members could take 10 minutes out of their busy schedules to “attend.” They didn’t even have to go to Atlanta. They could’ve logged on from their house.

I get it, we didn’t play well tonight, but we’re having a good season. It is a shame that more media members didn’t seem to care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Only one media member bothered to show up for tonight’s postgame press conference.

Jan 20, 2021, 11:13 PM

I blame our unwillingness to guard anyone. the media interest level was what this showing deserved.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that’s the criteria, why did they show up after the Sugar Bowl?***

Jan 20, 2021, 11:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: If that’s the criteria, why did they show up after the Sugar Bowl?***

Jan 20, 2021, 11:52 PM

Because we're a football school.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that’s the point.***

Jan 21, 2021, 11:01 PM

Because...

Jan 21, 2021, 9:31 AM [ in reply to If that’s the criteria, why did they show up after the Sugar Bowl?*** ]

Sugar Bowl > Wednesday night mid-season basketball game against unranked opponent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

uh....this ^^^

Jan 21, 2021, 10:10 AM

thanks

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

No one was equating the importance of the two games.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Because... ]

Please try again.

Re: No one was equating the importance of the two games.

Jan 22, 2021, 5:11 PM

You literally just said...

"If that’s the criteria, why did they show up after the Sugar Bowl?"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: No one was equating the importance of the two games.

Jan 22, 2021, 5:44 PM

Mrs Brownell confuses easily

Re: Only one media member bothered to show up for tonight’s postgame press conference.

Jan 20, 2021, 11:25 PM

Given tonight's performance, less press attention is probably preferable. Just keep it on the DL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 5:46 AM

If Brownell uses his brain, he could use this like Dabo uses BS like this to entice he team to work harder for better results!!! We'll see!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My philosophy on these sports media members

Jan 20, 2021, 11:58 PM

has been this for a long time:
Why do we ever need more than one???

Seriously...how many different people do we need to report the same exact thing to us?

Furthermore...when we have access to the interview itself..why do we need any reporters at all? We don’t need anyone to tell us what was said.

This always blows my mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My philosophy on these sports media members

Jan 21, 2021, 8:03 AM

I like how media thinks it isnt a hurricane if they dont make some one stand out in it for tv.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 5:38 AM

He was there only to pick up something that he can take back to cootlumbia and laugh about it among his coot buddies!!! Don't give that asshat any credit for picking up on something he can use against our Tigers!!!

Jan 21, 2021, 5:43 AM

We are going to very likely lose at FSU on Saturday, but then after that we play BC. That will be the game we will have to turn it all around.

Jan 21, 2021, 8:07 AM

P&D were saying yesterday how much easier our schedule is in Feb. The way we are looking it needs to be

Jan 21, 2021, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Only one media member bothered to show up for tonight’s postgame press conference. ]

Road games in conference are always a challenge. At least we have 8 home games remaining, and either 4 or 6 away games depending on the status of the postponed ones (I haven't heard that they have been rescheduled yet anyway). If we can finish 6-2 at home, and 2-4 on the road, we will still have had a solid season by most standards anyway. Win a game or two in the ACC tournament and then we will at least be watching the selection show hoping to hear our name called.

You can’t have it both ways

Jan 21, 2021, 6:35 AM

Suppose they had shown up. Suppose they asked CBB some very tough questions as to why his team that was ranked 12th nationally has been blown out in two straight games. Then, you’d be the first one claiming the media was being too harsh on him. Be thankful the media wasn’t there to put further spotlight on a dismal performance.

I’m not asking to have it both ways.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:15 PM

I just want the media to show up for a sport as important as men’s basketball, especially when we are ranked and playing a conference game, and it’s all done virtually.

Asking Coach Brownell why he thinks we have struggled so much these last two games is very reasonable. I wouldn’t have a problem with that whatsoever.

If he covered everything in the opening statement

Jan 21, 2021, 6:58 AM

maybe no need to ask questions. Only Korncoot had to ask questions to clarify what was said. Otherwise the opening statement cleared up all questions.

Jan 21, 2021, 7:07 AM

Can we ask questions on here Mrs Brownell ?

I don’t understand. Please try again.***

Jan 21, 2021, 11:16 PM

You have a talent for deflection after a loss

Jan 21, 2021, 7:25 AM

It’s never got anything to do with the coach or team. It’s always the fans, media, football, etc.

Find a new shtick.

No deflection here.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:18 PM

You must’ve missed the thread I started last night, prior to this one.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Our-performance-tonight-was-pathetic-disgusting-and-inexcusable-2054450

Apology accepted.

Jan 21, 2021, 8:06 AM

Sounds like the media is tired of hearing the exact same song over and over for the last 11 years also.

Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts

Jan 21, 2021, 9:12 AM

What's with this DavidHood® Pack on SiriusXM ?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If I seriously wanted to know the answer to the question...

Jan 21, 2021, 9:24 AM

I would have tmailed David Hood directly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Except it wasn’t directed at David Hood specifically, but the media in general.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:20 PM

Thanks for chiming in though.

Our resident media member on Tnet is David Hood...

Jan 22, 2021, 5:51 AM

You made a comment directed towards media members on Tnet. Your comment was not directed at David Hood.

Got it.

Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts

Jan 21, 2021, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

GWPTiger® We left the hospital about 6:30 yesterday evening with the new baby, had to pick up Eli from Nikki's mom, and then finally left Greenville around 8. By the time I got home and got baby and mom settled and Eli bathed it was way after 10, so I was out. Not sure about the other folks or what their deal is.

For us, however, baby and mother are doing fine. Eli is.....adjusting.

Easton Turner Hood was welcomed at 10:34 AM Tuesday

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That excuse is lacking and Karen will be demanding a meeting

Jan 21, 2021, 9:33 AM

with your manager.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Awesome news!

Jan 21, 2020, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

Glad everyone is doing ok.

Congrats David! What a great way to start the year.

Jan 21, 2021, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

I am happy to hear that Nikki is doing well too.

Judge Karen however would like to have a word with your manager because she does not think it's ok for sports writers to have a life outside of their job and should be attending every press conference of every team. So Karen hopes you will correct this going forward.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Straw men, everywhere!

Jan 21, 2021, 11:24 PM

You’re better than this, Princess.

If you don’t find it sad that only one media member bothered to show up for a virtual postgame press conference, involving a ranked Clemson men’s basketball team playing an ACC opponent, then I don’t know what to say.

Obviously David Hood has a valid excuse. What about the others?

Our program deserves better. Hopefully it was a weird anomaly and won’t be a regular occurrence.

Sad? I honestly DGAF how many people are there

Jan 22, 2021, 3:33 PM

and I don't understand why it matters.

It's a midweek game that took place on the same day as a new President was inaugurated, in the middle of a global pandemic and a press conference that occurred fairly late. I can't think of much that would matter less than how many people attended that.

Jan 21, 2021, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

Congrats DavidHood®!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome David -- congrats! But as others have said,

Jan 21, 2021, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

JK will be speaking with your manager soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Jan 21, 2021, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

It was worth it to read through the trash in this thread to get to this post.

Congrats David and Nikki on the new baby!!!!!

David, I am speaking from experience when I say, get ready to have lots of father/son time with Eli because he is going to need that love and attention while he learns to share time with the new baby and his mom.

Also bulk order your favorite caffeinated beverage because baby #2 is a lot more tiresome for Dad!

great news dhood and congrats

Jan 21, 2021, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

btw, did you know jk needs to speak to your manager? she did same thing at shoney’s just last week. demanded to speak with manager. and guess who is not allowed back in shoney’s?

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 21, 2021, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

Congrats to you and Nikki!!!

Congratulations!

Jan 21, 2021, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's see if we can get an explanation from some experts ]

Glad mom and baby are doing well.

You are officially excused. ;)

They'd show up for a Dabo press conference

Jan 21, 2021, 10:07 AM

Because he wins, the teams consistently play hard, and he's entertaining.

Cool story, bro.***

Jan 21, 2021, 11:25 PM

The press was far too busy binging on all things Biden

Jan 21, 2021, 11:45 AM

yesterday to pay any attention to the losing team in a college basketball game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Congrats David and Nikki

Jan 21, 2021, 4:45 PM

On Ya'll's new baby. Fatherhood is a wonderful thing.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic