Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump will lose badly. Will he take Republicans with him?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Trump will lose badly. Will he take Republicans with him?

Oct 28, 2020, 5:45 PM

I hope the Republican party will take this chance to expand the tent a little bit. I never thought I would see a Republican Presidential candidate lose college-educated white voters, but Trump is on track to get only 35-40% of that vote. Reagan got 82%,but it has been downhill from there. Republicans can't win until they find a way to reverse that trend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we could just get a candidate like...

Oct 28, 2020, 5:58 PM

Romney or McCain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of these lefties seem to get that Trump is a response.

Oct 28, 2020, 6:04 PM

I also like the thought of - Now that we’re even more left... you need to find the new “middle” we created.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: None of these lefties seem to get that Trump is a response.

Oct 28, 2020, 6:40 PM

People like Romney, McCain, and Bush were the middle of the party 20 years ago. The fact that so many Republicans hate them now suggests that the party has moved right over the last 20 years.

Do RINOs still exist?

Oct 28, 2020, 7:39 PM

Or is the term so out of touch with the current reality that it is no longer usable.

Difficult to tell what the identity of the party is these days.

But in 2012, at least there was a platform. Seems almost quaint.

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/2012-republican-party-platform

Hang on.....you think Trump is to the right of any of

Oct 28, 2020, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: None of these lefties seem to get that Trump is a response. ]

Those you mentioned?

He is the most left-leaning Republican President since Eisenhower

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND...

Oct 28, 2020, 9:26 PM

who are the conservatives that hate Romney, McCain, and Bush?

I'm a huge fan of all of the Bushes. Dubya was absolutely trashed by the media and the left. Romney was as well. Being "diplomatic" didn't make them immune from being vilified.

I think a lot of people like to wax nostalgic and simply do not remember what really happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AND...

Oct 29, 2023, 8:10 PM

They're still calling for W. Bush to get locked up for the Iran invasion.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Re: If we could just get a candidate like...

Oct 28, 2020, 7:46 PM [ in reply to If we could just get a candidate like... ]

I liked McCain until he brought in Caribou Barbie. But I understand why he did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McCain's spot should have been 2000. SC turned the tide on

Oct 28, 2020, 8:01 PM

that run pushing W over the top here and after, much as SC did for Obama in 2008 and Biden this year. We actually have an impressive run going back to the 50's on a President not getting elected without winning our state's primary on the way.

By 2008 McCain's hard life was catching up with him. Would've been a fine time to wrap a second term and exit stage right, but was not to be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: If we could just get a candidate like... ]

I did not trust McCain and he proved me right with his vote before he died.

Oct 29, 2020, 3:34 AM [ in reply to If we could just get a candidate like... ]

You would have a better chance in this election. Romney could beat Biden. Romney went against Obama of course. Your live Trump is a character flaw, but. You should sit these topics out for awhile.

Re: Trump will lose badly. Will he take Republicans with him?

Oct 28, 2020, 7:09 PM

No surprise to me. When I went to college, I learned math and science. Now they learn how evil America is.

We get a handful of students a year doing work study programs. A decade ago they were dumb, now they are absolute morons.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at the responses reveals the tragedy that

Oct 28, 2020, 7:25 PM

normal conservative people believe the horsepoo that Obama was some kind of Engelian dictator. Just stupid. When did we lose the ability to think for ourselves? When you hear the words directly from the candidates mouths, the choice is simple. Yet, the board is peppered with QAnoners and O'Keefe disciples that think this is truth. What the h3ll people? Reagan and Goldwater(modern conservative movement icons and actual thinkers) would crap all over the idiocy that is the GOP now.

It ain't about going back, it's about embracing what is real and divining truth.

Re: Looking at the responses reveals the tragedy that

Oct 28, 2020, 8:02 PM

I agree, and I think there are a lot of voters who would welcome a return to rational thinkers like Goldwater and Reagan. I don't know how we will get there without splitting the party in half. Reagan would crap all over the idiocy, but a majority of Republican primary voters would vote for someone like O'Keefe and crap on someone like Reagan.

Trump's gonna win..

Oct 28, 2020, 10:20 PM

and I’m making sure of it tomorrow, in person at the booth.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Looking at the responses reveals the tragedy that ]

You are about crazy. People are not that stupid.

Oct 29, 2020, 10:09 AM

I hope anyway.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic