Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one rooting for an Alabama win on Saturday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Am I the only one rooting for an Alabama win on Saturday?

Nov 1, 2018, 2:57 PM

I want Alabama to win Saturday against LSU. I want them to not lose a single game and play the NC against us.

My reasons are:

1) if AL loses, they will still make the top 4 as 1 loss team because they are Alabama.
2) we will have 2 SEC teams in playoffs bcos of the SEC hype and that sucks for everyone else.
3) I believe them losing 1 game last year and getting in as 4th seed, made them play fearless (as they were worried they wont even make it) and thats an advantage.
4) we will be 14-0 if we get to NC and I would rather play an undefeated team so there is no additional pressure on us..

Agree?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope... I'm with you.

Nov 1, 2018, 3:02 PM

Bama losing to LSU almost guarantees 2 SEC teams in the playoffs. I've been saying this for several weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is not a 2 sec team year.

Nov 1, 2018, 4:19 PM

the only reason it happened last year was that Wisconsin got curb stomped. Even if they'd lost narrowly, they probably would have been in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is not a 2 sec team year.

Nov 1, 2018, 4:23 PM

It was also because Ohio State had 2 losses compared to Bama's 1 loss.

It's still possible that the SEC could get two teams in if it was to come down to a 2 loss conference champ versus a 1 loss Bama. It's best for Bama to win out so that LSU and UGA/Kent will both have 2 losses which will prevent the possibility of 2 SEC teams.

Nov 2, 2018, 10:28 AM

Different conferences but I think that it is likely the PAC12 champ and Big 12 champ both end up with 2 losses this year. I don't think it is likely but the Big 10 West does get to play in the game and potentially have the upset.

Nov 2, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to this is not a 2 sec team year. ]

Respectfully disagree.

The Committee has 3 simple rules:

1. Alabama is IN, no matter what.
2. Get a 2nd SEC team in if at all possible.
3. Fill the other two spots.

It's that simple! LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i am too, if they lose that just means 2 sec teams again

Nov 1, 2018, 3:03 PM

so it would be another year where we advance the sec dominance propaganda.

Re: Bama W and a KY W for two reasons

Nov 1, 2018, 3:06 PM

1) We don't get a second SEC team in the CFP
2) We don't see leghumper trolls for the remainder of the football season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Am I the only one rooting for an Alabama win on Saturday?

Nov 1, 2018, 3:07 PM

Your points are all correct, but ### it’s hard too want Alabama to win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have no choice this time.***

Nov 1, 2018, 4:08 PM

Nov 1, 2018, 3:13 PM

I agree, rather play them in title game vs round 1 and it's not fair they go a bye last year while we played in acc title game.

Message was edited by: keith75®

I'm hoping Alabama loses this one and another one

Nov 1, 2018, 3:18 PM

because I think regardless of the outcome, they're by far the most talented team in the country. I personally think we're in a tier alone with Alabama, so it doesn't really matter to me who else makes the playoff. We need to win out regardless to feel good about our chances, so I don't really care if there are 2 SEC teams.

I know it's unlikely that Alabama loses again, but if they lose this Saturday, at least there's a chance they don't make the playoff.

And LSU isn't a team that scares me at all as a possible playoff foe. Their offensive S&P+ ranking is 67th in the country. They might be able to use their crowd to shut a team down and generate some turnovers to win a close game that way, but they're not beating a true title contender on a neutral field.

No, because if LSU wins, it could provide a

Nov 1, 2018, 3:22 PM

defensive blueprint to how to stop Bama first of all, and secondly, LSU could easily lose @ A&M or in SECCG. UGA would have to win out and win SECCG to avoid a 2nd loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 3:51 PM

I, too, believe that if Bama loses to LSU and wins the rest of their games - which they will - that they will be put in the 4-team playoff without having won their division or conference (like last year). I feel like it's a crock that can happen, but it will and there isn't anything anybody can do to change it. So, I'm pulling hard for Bama (as if that's going to determine the outcome of the game) to win, which will effectively knock LSU out of the playoff discussion.

Go Tigers!

MT

Nov 1, 2018, 3:55 PM

I'm pulling hard for Clemson to win 7 more games this year.

I’m All-In on Bama winning too Dinesh15!

Nov 1, 2018, 4:10 PM

Are you related to the political movie maker?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 4:12 PM

This isn't the only chance Bama has to lose this season. They could lose in their rivalry game to Auburn, even if Auburn does look like salty garbage this year. Stranger things have happened. Wouldn 't it be great if they beat LSU only to lose to Auburn? They'd still get in though as they'd probably still advance to and win the SEC CG

Am I the only one rooting for an Alabama win on Satuday? YES

Nov 1, 2018, 4:21 PM

Am I the only one rooting for an Alabama win on Saturday?....

YES

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but if Bama loses...

Nov 1, 2018, 4:22 PM

We'll move to the top spot and get them in the first round. LSU will probably kill whichever team they play and we'll whup their butts in the final.

It should shut ESPiN up for at least three days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU is a fraud

Nov 1, 2018, 4:51 PM

Agree. Believe Bama wins a close one.

Nov 1, 2018, 5:14 PM

But, I also believe Bama is vulnerable, and can be beat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nope, there's at least two of us. I want them to win for all

Nov 1, 2018, 6:35 PM

the same reasons you gave. I want us to supply them with their first and only loss of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 6:47 PM

I don’t really care who wins but figure LSU has very little chance to win. That said, I’m not convinced it Bama loses and LSU wins out that they automatically still get in the CFP. LSU is clearly the best opponent they will play this year. As we all know, they haven’t done much thus far and beyond LSU have Miss St and Auburn (plus Citadel) left. I have a hard believing a 1-loss, non-champion Bama gets in over a an undefeated ND or a 1-loss conf champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 6:56 PM

No way Bama is losing on Saturday. LSU just doesn’t have the offensive firepower to complete. Only we do along with enough D to slow them down.
I’m fine with them losing though. Anytime they lose, I’m happy. We have to win them all anyway, doesn’t matter what conference they are from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2018, 10:50 AM

I think Bama wins because of the lack of LSU offense like you but I disagree on LSU's defense. LSU has one of the best defensive backfields in the country and the best CB. Greedy is the real deal. If nothing else, I think teams finally get to see some good scouting film on Alabama's offense, instead of A&M and six scrimmage games.

Nov 1, 2018, 7:08 PM

A loss would just re-focus the Alabama players and show them they can be beat. It would be better for Clemson's NC chances if they win big all to way to the NC game.

I don't give a carp. We are going to beat the snot out of

Nov 1, 2018, 7:21 PM

them whenever and wherever the game is played, if they are lucky enough to make it to one of our 15 losses.

Nov 1, 2018, 7:26 PM

Your strategy would have worked last year too.

Nah...I’m sure Bama fans are.***

Nov 1, 2018, 7:26 PM

Re: Nah...I’m sure Bama fans are.***

Nov 1, 2018, 7:51 PM

If they lose 1 game, they will end up as the 4th seed. why should we play them in the semi finals when we and AL are the two best teams in the nation?

I know we have to beat them to win the championship, but I would rather play them in the finals than in the semis..

Nov 2, 2018, 11:54 AM

Add to your list the fact that IF Bama were to not make the playoff somehow and Clemson wins, then the only reason Clemson won is because Bama wasn't in the playoff (at least according to some "experts"). I say Bama is 14-0 right along with Clemson being 14-0, and see what happens. To be the best, you have to beat the best, so let's even the series this year and take the lead next year.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic