Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pope endorses same sex marriage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Pope endorses same sex marriage

Oct 22, 2020, 6:44 AM

Actually he didn’t “endorse” it, just said homosexuals are children of god. Of course I’m seeing a lot of conservative Christians in America flipping out about it. I don’t see anything in what he said that goes against scripture.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't have a dog in the fight, but I don't think he said

Oct 22, 2020, 6:55 AM

"marriage".

Re: Don't have a dog in the fight, but I don't think he said

Oct 22, 2020, 7:23 AM

You’re right. Civil unions. Even the more reason for Protestants not to get upset.

Re: Pope endorses same sex marriage

Oct 22, 2020, 6:56 AM

Who cares about the Pope? He is just a man like everyone else.

Oct 22, 2020, 7:20 AM

Catholics see him as the leader of the church in a long line of successors going back to the Apostle Peter, Jesus’ closest disciple.

Oct 22, 2020, 7:29 AM

True but in reality he's just a man like everyone else, no better no worse. He's not even American.

I'm not a biblical scholar. Actually, I've become quite the

Oct 22, 2020, 6:57 AM

slacker in my older years, but I know a thing or two.

I didn't realize that homos being "children of God" was ever in question.

My stance on gay marriage and being a #### has changed over the years.

I used to think it was wrong and gross and marriage shouldn't be allowed.

Now I think it's *probably* still wrong, definitely gross, but none of my business and they can get married if they want. I do tons of stuff that's probably grosser and also none of anybody's business and being married for over a decade... I say let the gays have a shot at it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Anyone who does get upset...

Oct 22, 2020, 7:58 AM

Better also be showing the same outrage over divorce, eating oysters, wearing cotton and polyester blends, and eating chicken or they need to S T F U.

And nah, they don't need to say, "But that's Old Testament stuff and gay marriage is also hated on in the New Testament!" All the anti-gay marriage folks are deep down pulling it from Leviticus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Marriage is civil ceremony.

Oct 22, 2020, 9:22 AM

How God created us, what we were created to be, no longer exists.
The nature of creation, the foundation of truth, didn't go away; it still exists.
Anyone who thinks his version of truth is intellectually or culturally superior is a goner. No one can create it.

An atoning Messiah is required. His executioner justified the sentence by denying that objective truth exists.

To discuss truth and disagree about it, which is inevitable because we are no longer know it, is not getting upset. No one needs to shut up, or should, unless its people condemning others personally or telling other people to shut up.

Everyone will face eternity according to his/her relationship with the Messiah, whether one believes God exists or not. One's arguments about truth with another human, however condescending or pseudo intellectually clever, will carry no weight in that relationship. What we think or believe is of zero consequence.

The pope can say what it likes. It changes nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First...

Oct 22, 2020, 9:36 AM

To discuss truth and disagree about it, which is inevitable because we are no longer it, is not getting upset. No one needs to shut up, or should, unless its people condemning others personally or telling other people to shut up.

1. Don't take my post too seriously. Yeah, you were directing that at me, so don't do the whole "OMG you violated our agreement." You refer to me, you get a response. No, I'm not actually telling someone to S T F U... I'm making a jab at the hypocrisy.

2. Anyone claiming biblical reasons to legally oppose gay marriage is a hypocrite unless they're addressing the other things I mentioned and then some. If a person just simply doesn't like gay marriage? Fine. That's their right. But their outrage should be equal with the other items I mentioned, and they best not try to advocate it being a legal matter in the United States.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: First...

Oct 22, 2020, 10:15 AM

Supposedly 1 Corinthians 6:9 which is in the New Testament specifically condemns homosexuality. The term wasn't added until a few hundred years ago because there was no word for it in the english language but a lot of scholars argue same sex relations was what the writer had in mind.

So, there is at least a reasonable argument that you can believe homosexuality is wrong and that you don't have to follow Old Testament dietary laws at the same time and not be a hypocrite.

The problem with American protestants, that they can't see, is that they treat certain "sins", including homosexuality, and people who engage in this behavior, like they have a disease and refuse to associate with them or welcome them into the church as they are.

Oct 22, 2020, 9:36 AM

Who cares in America? It is legal not only for homosexuals to have a civil union, which is what the Pope is now ok with, but to get married in the US. The Supreme Court is way out ahead of the Pope. My only question if I had a chance to ask Pope Francis, would be now that God has supposedly revealed this change in doctrine, was God wrong all these millennia on this issue or were previous popes not listening to God or is Pope Francis not listening now? What is his take on bigamy, polygamy and gender reassignment surgery? I don't care what 2 or 50 adults do. I don't care about their parades or want to jump up and down celebrating their lifestyles either. I also don't want my tax dollars to go towards reassignment surgery. Otherwise, whether I think the lifestyle is immoral or not is irrelevant. Do what you want to do and leave me alone.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 10:18 AM

I don't think he believes it is ok, but that homosexuals should be welcomed so to speak.

Oct 22, 2020, 10:03 AM

This pope is a heretic who just tries to appease to the secular world. He says gays should be able to raise children which is is disgusting.

You really are the worst human on this board.***

Oct 22, 2020, 10:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You really are the worst human on this board.***

Oct 22, 2020, 10:14 AM

Gays raising children is disgusting. Most people agree

Oct 22, 2020, 10:29 AM

Most people agree.

No, not for some time now.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/170801/americans-say-sex-couples-entitled-adopt.aspx

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 10:37 AM

Fake news. No ways that is true. Imagine wanting a kid to be raised by dikes. Unbelievable

Oct 22, 2020, 11:50 AM

I have a cousin who is gay. He married his husband and they just adopted a baby a year or so ago. If I said it didn’t make me a little squirmy I’d be lying but they are better parents than A LOT of the straight dads I know.

Oct 22, 2020, 12:04 PM

does the pope wear a funny hat?

https://youtu.be/YaZnbS0BynM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic