Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember back in 2011 when we first started our run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Remember back in 2011 when we first started our run

Nov 2, 2020, 2:07 PM

Everyone was so excited and happy just to be relevant again. Now we have become so spoiled we get upset ?? if we don't play perfectly. I am so proud of what we have accomplished over the last 10 years but I miss the enjoyment we displayed when the run began.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember back in 2011 when we first started our run

Nov 2, 2020, 2:13 PM

Because I can remember 2011, I have no problem with allegedly "running up the score" on Georgia Tech.
Bees can suck it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 2, 2020, 2:13 PM

Did you not enjoy the grind and the climb back on top Saturday against an opponent that looked like they had some playmakers out there at QB and WR? If that had been a full stadium some pieces probably would have fallen off in the second half and the hill might have had a landslide on the intentional grounding + safety.

Nov 2, 2020, 2:17 PM

I enjoy any Clemson victory. I know we are far more talented than BC but with so many players missing the game due to injury it was great just to survive and advance.

I'm old enough to have been spoiled twice

Nov 2, 2020, 2:25 PM

I became a fan in the late 70s, and graduated Clemson in 1990...right at the end of the first Golden Age. You would think I learned something about appreciating what we had over the next twenty seasons, but I didn't learn as much as you think.

I was there at the game Saturday. I never stopped cheering and never lost hope, but I was seething behind my mask. It took me a couple of hours after the game to get my head back right.

I need to do a better job of enjoying this run while it lasts, and of recognizing that it can't last forever. Too quick to take success for granted. Look at Nebraska...Miami...Michigan.

I will always love my Tigers, win or lose, but dang it's fun to be a Tiger right now!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm old enough to have been spoiled twice

Nov 2, 2020, 2:34 PM

Great post dsgriff. That's the attitude we all should have.

I'm old enough to remember losing seasons, not spoiled

Nov 2, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to I'm old enough to have been spoiled twice ]

Grateful

Re: I'm old enough to have been spoiled twice

Nov 2, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to I'm old enough to have been spoiled twice ]

I love this attitude. Nothing is forever, but with what Dabo has built, it is the culture at Clemson. We have a chance for it last last a long time, but we must cherish each and every moment of this. Look at LSU, do you think they thought they would have been this bad , this soon, after last year. I don't think so! Thank you Dabo and his assistant coaches, current and former players, President Clements, and all the members of the BOT, and even the fans. It takes everyone being on the same page to accomplish the dream. We have had everyone pulling in the same direction for years now. Keep up the good work, and thanks again for all you have done!

GO TIGERS!!!

And some old enough to be spoiled thrice.***

Nov 2, 2020, 6:40 PM [ in reply to I'm old enough to have been spoiled twice ]

Nov 2, 2020, 6:41 PM

I was on cloud 9 when we beat 3 top 25 teams in 3 straight weeks (AUB,FSU,VT). The end of that season sucked besides that ACCCG but yes i remember the joy of having an 8-0 football team for the first time in 10 years.

Nov 2, 2020, 9:02 PM

I agree Bleed, that season was so exciting because the taste of greatness from the late 80's was so far in the past. Now we get tore up over a 12 and 2 season like 2017. God only knows how we will act if we go 8 and 4 again anytime soon.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic