Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad news from Greenville SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 5,252

Sad news from Greenville SC

Oct 20, 2020, 7:17 PM

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2020/10/20/greenville-sc-deputies-injured-after-wreck-during-altercation/5996720002/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for the families!

Oct 20, 2020, 8:14 PM

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2020/10/20/greenville-sc-deputies-injured-after-wreck-during-altercation/5996720002/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: Sad news from Greenville SC

Oct 20, 2020, 8:31 PM

Prayers for the family, and this is a tragic loss of an officer serving the public. These guys put their life on the line every time they put their uniform on, and every time they have to use deadly force when arresting a resisting criminal, there is so much trash talked about them. And their job is one of the most dangerous while serving the public, and this officer will never return home to his family only bc he was doing his job. I understand that there are bad cops, but there are way more good cops than there is the bad ones, and if people would just do what they ask them to do peacefully, they would always have the chance to return home unharmed, and I do believe that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 9:59 PM

This officer was a good friend and a great guy. Losing him really hurt the Sheriff's Office and the community as a whole.

Oct 20, 2020, 11:07 PM

Super great guy, always looked forward to talking to him. Total shock and hard to believe for a lot of people. He’ll truly be missed.

At the risk of sounding like a know it all, I am going to

Oct 20, 2020, 8:39 PM

give the same advice here that I have given to my wife,daughter and son MANY MANY times. If you have car trouble and your car is still able to be driven, PULL OVER TO THE SHOULDER AND DRIVE AS SLOW AS YOU HAVE TO,TO THE NEXT EXIT. We can always buy a new tire, rim, motor,etc. But never stop on the side of an interstate.

Having said that, my prayers go out to the families involved. It gives me such a terrible feeling and I know how devastating this had to be.

Re: At the risk of sounding like a know it all, I am going to

Oct 20, 2020, 9:18 PM

Yep, this has to be the worst heart crushing feeling the family could ever have in their life for a long time. My heart is still bleeding and the tears still flow daily of losing my baby daughter this past July 2nd 2020!!! And hearing this just renews that feeling when I first learned of my daughter passing away. But there is a reminder of some type daily, and there isn't a day that passes by that I don't wish I could trade places with her, and without a doubt, I would give my life right now for her to have hers back bc she was an awesome daughter that I never had to ask if she loved me bc I knew that she did!!!! We had a very special Father and Daughter relationship, and our friendship together was the best, and I can't find the right words to explain just how much I truly miss her!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 9:32 PM

Yep, this has to be the worst heart crushing feeling the family could ever have in their life for a long time. My heart is still bleeding and the tears still flow daily of losing my baby daughter this past July 2nd 2020!!! And hearing this just renews that feeling when I first learned of my daughter passing away. But there is a reminder of some type daily, and there isn't a day that passes by that I don't wish I could trade places with her, and without a doubt, I would give my life right now for her to have hers back bc she was an awesome daughter that I never had to ask if she loved me bc I knew that she did!!!! We had a very special Father and Daughter relationship, and our friendship together was the best, and I can't find the right words to explain just how much I truly miss her!!!!!

There’s no possible way I could know how it would feel to lose a child, but I have lost both my parents, all of my grandparents, uncles and aunts and I can tell you that is a lonely feeling even though you still have others here. The only thing that you can do is pray that maybe one day you will see them again by the grace of God. Never take tomorrow for granted and hold everyone you love as close as you can while they are here. Live life in pursuit of happiness and leave with no regrets!

Oct 20, 2020, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: At the risk of sounding like a know it all, I am going to ]

We expect to bury our parents, possibly siblings, and half the time a spouse, but never a child. Prayers for you and your family as you cope with such a tragic loss.

Oct 20, 2020, 9:21 PM

Id be willing to take bets which way this run given the political climate. prayers for the officers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 10:48 PM

The officer was a good friend of my brother. Was a great guy who loved his job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 5,252
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic