Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sharone Wright Jr
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Sharone Wright Jr

Mar 22, 2019, 9:28 AM

Sr played at Clemson in the 90s and he was an absolute beast on the court. His son is from Florence SC and plays for Wake Forest. Does anyone remember whether or not he had any interest in Clemson?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont forget about Larry Nance Jr

Mar 22, 2019, 9:34 AM

Brownell was gift wrapped 2 Clemson legacies and missed on both.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even Shyatt was able to get Nance.***

Mar 22, 2019, 9:38 AM

Re: Even Shyatt was able to get Nance.***

Mar 22, 2019, 3:27 PM

Which nance ?

Why did Dabo miss on Stan Rome’s son?

Mar 22, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Dont forget about Larry Nance Jr ]

Jay Rome was Clemson legacy and at a position of huge need.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did Dabo miss on Stan Rome’s son?

Mar 22, 2019, 12:02 PM

I have had that same thought. Rome didn’t really develop at UGA so perhaps he was over rated. I suspect that Stan Rome didn’t have a genuine interest in Clemson. He was a charter member of the Taylor Locke era at Clemson and his arrival at Clemson perhaps wasn’t a result of his devotion to the school..Perhaps there were other issues we don’t know about too!

I suspect Stan had a genuine interest

Mar 22, 2019, 6:05 PM

in Clemson , but not such a close relationship with his son .
I believe I remember reading that he and his son were estranged for a number of years .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe you asked this.

Mar 22, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Why did Dabo miss on Stan Rome’s son? ]

Dabo is reportedly incapable of making mistakes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I can't believe you asked this.

Mar 22, 2019, 3:26 PM

But brownell is not in your mind

Dear lord, you really are that dense, aren't you???***

Mar 22, 2019, 6:55 PM [ in reply to I can't believe you asked this. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Because we already had a lot of talent at tight end?

Mar 22, 2019, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Why did Dabo miss on Stan Rome’s son? ]

AND we we just won a couple of national championships without him.

Brownell can't get any of them.

Poor comparison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, wrong. Jay Rome was in the 2011 recruiting class.

Mar 22, 2019, 2:40 PM

We hadn’t won a national title since 1981.

We wanted Jay Rome badly. We needed a true pass catching TE in that recruiting cycle.

We were losing Dwayne Allen and we ended up signing no TE at all that year other than a future OL named Eric Maclain.

In fact, 2-star WR Stanton Seckenger became our “go to” alternative at the TE position.

Most fans at the time considered missing on Rome a huge failure for Clemson.

So, it’s a perfectly reasonable analogy because it involves a perceived recruiting failure.

Dabo just missed on getting a legacy. It’s not that hard to understand.

Sometimes they just don’t want to play for Clemson.

Now, if you want to look at the flip side of the legacy recruiting issue, Dabo has taken quite a few guys with Clemson family roots but no other offers and most of them haven’t worked out.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, wrong. Jay Rome was in the 2011 recruiting class.

Mar 23, 2019, 10:34 AM

Also, in 2011 Dabo and Clemson didnt have the credibility that we have now. I bet now we get Rome if we wanted him. We have come a long way.

That's Easy

Mar 22, 2019, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Why did Dabo miss on Stan Rome’s son? ]

Danny Pearman

We recruited him and he liked Clemson. Randolph Childress

Mar 22, 2019, 9:40 AM

was his Wake recruiter and he did a great job, evidently.

http://hypesouth.com/wake-forest-gets-big-2018-committment-from-wright-jr/

Thanks, I remember back when Childress and Rodney Rodgers

Mar 22, 2019, 9:41 AM

played at WF. They were a lot of fun to watch to.

Yep Sharone Sr. said how much his son liked Danny and

Mar 22, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to We recruited him and he liked Clemson. Randolph Childress ]

Randolph. Also Bilas/Childress kids on roster at WF which gives him people in similar boat. Sr. also said how difficult it was for his daughter who played 2 years at CU before transferring to follow in his shadow so I'm sure that weighed on decision as well. Being a legacy at a school usually doesn't work all that great- kids probably choose to go elsewhere 80% of the time and probably better off doing so in the long run, not sure why fans expect this to be some guarantee or expectation the kid should go there.

WF better make some improvements quickly though or he'll be playing for a diff staff.

Re: Yep Sharone Sr. said how much his son liked Danny and

Mar 22, 2019, 9:56 AM

No inside info but cant help but think the women's program struggles and transfer of Wrights daughter impacted his decision but who knows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now Randolph Childress #22 Wake was one he11uva baller

Mar 22, 2019, 5:16 PM [ in reply to We recruited him and he liked Clemson. Randolph Childress ]

Watched him live in Greensboro just dominating the ACC tourney -- back in the before the one and done days. He was a beast of a point guard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sharone Wright Jr

Mar 22, 2019, 9:57 AM

It’s been obvious for years that Brad can’t recruit, the last 5 years the state of South Carolina has produced more 4 and 5 star talent than football and Brad has missed them all.

Mar 22, 2019, 10:15 AM

We have missed on some easy picks over the years. Seth Curry is the biggest name and we could have had a great QB and point guard in Joe Hamilton, who we recruited as a DBack 92nd place in Heisman vote).

Mar 22, 2019, 11:18 AM

Clemson and perhaps fifty other colleges missed on Seth Curry including VPI where his father was a star p?ayer.
For many years the best players have left the state of South Carolina to pursue the basketball dreams in other states and it is not because of Brownell, or Shyatt or any other coach. The problem is, has been, and will continue to be the lack of dedication to Clemson Basketball from the administration AND fans to the basketball program. Players like Felton, Woods, Johnson, Smith and many,many others have ended up in Chapel Hill because that’s where the future was for this caliber of player was at the time. I asked coach Foster once how he allowed an all American player from the Darlington area to end up at Wake Forest and he said that they promised him that they would get him into Med School. The guy became a solid player for Deacons ..... but never went to med school.

You basketball experts will never accept this but it AIN’T the Coach at Clemson. Once basketball becomes important as football is now you will see the change that you want to see. These great football players are coming to Clemson for a reason and that reason is ..... Clemson is where their football future lies. The investment in football has been made and it is paying off in spades. Will that investment, and fan interest, allow basketball to rise to the top? We will have to see. I assure you the negative attitude of fans does not help. If you can’t get behind the team you should give up and wait for others to correct the problems.

GO TIGERS . Join IPTAY

Truth!!***

Mar 22, 2019, 11:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

$ & #’s & Fan Support & Wins Speak...

Mar 22, 2019, 11:48 AM

the loudest!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth!

Mar 22, 2019, 12:21 PM

;)

Mar 22, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Sharone Wright Jr ]

I agree 100%. Can anybody fault Zion for going to Duke instead of Clemson? I was hurt when he chose Duke over Clemson for about ten seconds. Then, I thought, "Nobody can fault great football players for choosing Clemson over Duke, can they?" It's a little of the chicken-or-the-egg thing. We can recruit better when we win some more, but we need to recruit better to win some more. I know it's oversimplified, but it's the truth.

Mar 22, 2019, 3:34 PM

It’s the way he done it. Screw him

0/10

Mar 22, 2019, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Sharone Wright Jr ]

Up your game.

Mar 22, 2019, 6:17 PM

I heard Brownell would not offer him straight out of HS, but told him to go get coached up somewhere else and transfer in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 6:24 PM

He does love a transfer .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic